We arrived at the hotel after an early morning flight. The foyer was grubby and very tired looking but ever hopeful we booked in hoping that the bedroom would be better. It wasn't. It was dirty and damp smelling, the bathroom was just as bad. We had asked for a pool view and give the hotel its due we had one, unfortunately the pool was empty and was taped off. We were told that there was another up on the 6th floor but as I am disabled and use a mobility scooter that was a no no. My husband went to look at the rest of the hotel having first asked me not to unpack (no chance of that) and when he came back after seeing the restuarant and bar which were in as bad a state as the room we went to check out again. While we were waiting to do so there were a couple of people asking for their money back so we weren't alone. The hotel was having an extension built and would have been better to shut down while this was going on or at the very least let the holiday companies know. I have stayed in better hotels when I was younger and cash strapped. We found an apartment courtesy of Lets Move in St. Julians, they were very helpful and even picked up our luggage from the hotel. So we had the expense of both the apartment and half board which we had booked through a travel company in the UK, this is a good argument for every travel company to have a rep in the resort, unfortunately there was no rep here. We found some nice restuarants, Vermells, Peppi's and 516 all had reasonably priced meals. Think very carefully before booking into the Alexandra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alexandra Hotel is a 3 star hotel which has a total of 210 units, which consist in 22 one bedroom apartment, 15 family rooms, 10 triple rooms and 6 interconnected rooms. The rest are double rooms which can be uses for single use as well. 24 Hrs reception, restaurant which serve buffet breakfast and buffet dinner, lounge bar, indoor heated pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, spa, outdoor pool, pool bar and BBQ area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alexandra Hotel Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Hotel Saint Julians
- Alexandra Palace Hotel Malta
- Alexandra Palace Malta
- Alexandra Hotel Malta