“Cheap but ok”

Alexandra Hotel Malta
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We chose the hotel since it was very close to the dive center we went diving with and it was quite cheap.
Room was basic, but clean (was cleaned every day, we got new towels every day), breakfast was nothing special, but ok. Staff was helpful when asked. They are currently renovating, but that did not disturb.
The rooms are not very soundproofed - no problem if you're not living close to a bunch of students that like to party at 4:00 in the night.

Hint to the hotel: put up a sign saying
"Dear guest, with respect to other guest we request you to be quiet between 23:00 and 6:00!"

Hotel is quite close to everything with good buss connections to wherever on Malta you'd like to travel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnhuKo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed 20 March 2013

After reading all the reviews I couldn't wait to get here.

I went to the receptionist who told me I had to leave a £30 deposit which I did. She then told me I couldn't check in until 1 or was it 2pm? When i eventually got my keys i wasnt given any instructions or even a map. When i did ask a question i felt like a burden to them. You have to pay for the Internet 3 euro for 90 minutes, 6 euros for 24 hours, etc. the TV channels are all in Maltenese apart from BBC world news.

I ordered a cooked breakfast (which you have to pay for) which was covered in black bits. I enquired about it and they said it was off the frying pan. I said I couldn't eat it and they made me another which had less bits but still came out polka dot, even the beans lol. I couldn't eat it but it showed me the hygiene standards of the hotel.

I got a tour bus which left me up the road and round the corner it took me about 45 minutes to find the hotel. On a positive the room was clean.

You can get much better for your money.

Room Tip: I wanted to change rooms because the student travellers shout over the balcony and was told it would...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ann-Marie L
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Alexandra Hotel in late February and had a very good experience. The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and helpful. We managed to stay here at a very good price and can honestly say we were more than happy. The position of the hotel in Paceville was very central and with the great bus service we were able to visit lots of places around the island.
Our room was very clean and had a balconey overlooking the sea as we were on the 6th floor. Hotel lifts all worked and reception desk was always more than helpful.
If you are looking for a value for money hotel in a great location you would be hard pushed to get better.
Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Banonman
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Stay here on a couples holiday last March. As we were on a budget holiday it was great value for money. The staff were great very friendly and got our room ad close ad possible to each other. The location is great so central but still in s quite area. The rooms were basic but clean. Only bad point was we didn't get fresh towels every day it was only every second day. Would recommend hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank elaf04
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Not only is the location of Alexandra Hotel ideal, but the rooms are great and the staff are super helpful. I was able to get a great room at short notice and the hotel staff helped me with a great rental car service very near to the hotel and they helped me with any other questions I had. St. Julians is a very central location for public transport, night life, or getting around Malta, the good thing about Alexandra Hotel, however, is that not only is it central in this area and you're a very short walk from anything, but it's also just far enough from the nightlife scene that you are not woken up by people partying until the wee hours. The sea views are also great! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dwayne M
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Alexandra Hotel is and ideal hotel to stay at in the heart of st julians. Very close to restaurants and night clubs. I am very happy with the room, very spacious with a nice balcony to chill at.
The staff are also very friendly and will definetly be back there.

Room Tip: I stayed in level 4, room 442.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2012

For the location and price of the hotel it was fantastic, our room was cleaned everyday. We had a small problem with the AC (Our fault, didnt know how to change the settings) The hotel staff came to see us immediately. Situated in the heart of St Julian's, it was the perfect location for sight seeing. The hubby and I were treated wonderfully, all the staff were welcoming and guided us well.

This is a three star hotel, if you are on a budget this is the hotel for you. Don't expect five star luxury. We used this hotel as a base for sight seeing.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple