The Alexandra Hotel was a very bad experience, but I was warned. We book this hotel at last minute (2days before departure) through a portal. Even though I read bad reviews about it on tripadvisor, we didn't change it because, it the only one available for our dates.
The hotel is run by a family. The day we arrived, the manager talked with us about the stay cost. He wanted to charge us extra money because we booked on a portal website. However, my mother (we were travelling mother & daughter) thanks to her oriental roots, did some bargain and managed to pay only the price listed online.
The hotel is very noisy. Because of its affordable prices, many youngs people stay in this hotel. At our time, there was a group of young East Europeans. We couldn't sleep at night because of all the noise. One night the girl next door, awakened us at 3 in the morning to ask for a pin to fix her bra!!!
Another morning we found a used condom on our balcony!!! Not embarassing at all when you're with your mother!
Besides the food was poor, the hot dishes were never hot and the cold dishes felt like rubber.
When in Alexandra, I felt I was more in a beach chalet than a room hotel!
The only plus, beside the price, was its good location : near the beaches, the restaurants, the markets and Saint Julians Bay
One good restaurant in Malta is the one in front of Alexandra hotel. It's a little bit expensive but since it's traditional food, it's worth it.
When in Malta don't stay in Alexandra Hotel but take a one -day tour to Sicily, where you can visit the pittoresque village of Taormina and the breathtaking Etna (90euros per person).
You'll notice that Valletta is a little dead. Once you pass the main square and enter the non touristic part of the city, there is not much to see or to do. Personnally, I didn't like Valletta.
If you like sandy beaches, take the bus to Mellieha Bay, on the other side of the island as in Saint Julians, you'll find rocky beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alexandra Hotel is a 3 star hotel which has a total of 210 units, which consist in 22 one bedroom apartment, 15 family rooms, 10 triple rooms and 6 interconnected rooms. The rest are double rooms which can be uses for single use as well. 24 Hrs reception, restaurant which serve buffet breakfast and buffet dinner, lounge bar, indoor heated pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, spa, outdoor pool, pool bar and BBQ area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, LoveHolidays, HostelWorld, Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alexandra Hotel Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Hotel Saint Julians
- Alexandra Palace Hotel Malta
- Alexandra Palace Malta
- Alexandra Hotel Malta