“Good customer service”

Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Good customer service”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Very nice and helpful hotel staff, I loved the reception area with nice sitting and very modern furniture and decorations. Rooms lovely furnitures, just missing some hooks were to hang stuff.
The staff helped me with the safe, posted my postcards as the post offcie was always closed, when I passe dnear by. Breaksfast staff very polite. Cleaners always did my room and folded my pjs under the pillow so sweet. I had a broken soap dispenser and she changed it for me. I was amazed by shower.

1 Thank LinDiverReading

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2013

While this is a very good hotel. I can't rave about it in the same way as other reviewers. It is new, clean and modern, but it lacks atmosphere. It is quiet enough, despite being very close to the amenities of Paceville. The breakfast is really very good. But we had problems with the TV and electricity in our room and these weren't sorted out despite us asking for them to be looked at. While this is a safe bet for a nice place to stay in the area, it wa a bit colourless and not really my cup of tea.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This is an excellent hotel. The localization is perfect, with beach, restaurants and bars all around. The swimming pool is great. The welcome is very good and they really take care of you and your demands. This hotel is new and renovated, so everything is perfect and design. I warmly recommend this hotel.

2 Thank Caroline E
HotelValentina, General Manager at Hotel Valentina, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Dear Caroline E

.... and indeed all other reviewers this month! Thank you so much for your most positive comments, which we acknowledge with thanks. We would be delighted to host you all back at the Valentina. Just as a note - all our rooms are now fully functional as all refurbishment is now complete.

Once again, thank you all for staying with us and sharing your experiences - we are always very much aware that you have a choice!

Best wishes

Regards

Jeffrey Cutajar
UK
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We have just returned from a week in Malta - my partner was there to scuba dive but the water is a little cold for me so I decided to tag along anyway but have a week reading books and searching out the sunsine.

The Valentina is currently being refurbished but it's wonderful - it's clean, contempory, stylish and the staff are really friendly. I have spent much of the week laying by the pool.....it's small (and currently it's cold!) but it was peaceful and perfect for what I wanted. In the afternoons I spend hours sittinng at the front of the hotel with a book and a good glass of wine....and the occasional coffee. It was a complete sun trap and I felt safe and welcome being there on my own - a good number of the staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, chat and generally make me feel very at ease.

We had beautiful weather and for a relaxing week it could not have been a better place to stay - I'm already planning a return trip. I look forward to what they do next at the Valentina - they have plans to extend and it sounds wonderful. A truly compfortable place to spend a week.

2 Thank JacketsUk
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days in April 2013 - a quick break after our horrible uk winter. Hotel Valentina was perfect! The place is absolutely spotless, & very modern - so lots of glass everywhere - all sparkling! The designer has done a fantastic job on the interior with lots of clever ideas & great use of space. The pool on the roof is beautiful! The bar there was not quite finished but will be a useful addition. Breakfast was perfect & I'd love to know how they kept their scrambled egg so soft! Staff all smile non stop & are very helpful. We hired a car (VERY cheap) & parking was free in the basement. Paceville (the nightclubby bit) is awful but the rest of the area great & hotel was very quiet. We had a superior room on the front with a balcony - I think it was worth the extra 20 odd euros - the cheapest ones must be pretty small. Thoroughly to be recommended & probably the nicest small hotel I've ever stayed in!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank A1Traveller100
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We booked this hotel based on other reviews and thankfully we weren't disappointed. The hotel is clean and modern, the best I've stayed in abroad. Breakfast was good with a large variety to choose from. The pool was nice and clean with a shower and toilets and a pool bar was in the process of being built. The area is busy in the evening close to Paceville where all the young flock to and we walked into Sliema harbour one day. St Julians has a good selection of bars and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen2506
Japan
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed at the hotel as it was close to and recommended by the scuba diving company I dived with (Divewise). This will be a boring review as I agree with all the great reviews posted by others. The breakfast buffet was simple but had many nice touches that I wouldn't expect (cakes, pies, hot chocolate, fresh fruits and veggies) from a hotel in this price range. The room was very modern (took me a while to find the doors for the bath and toilet) and seriously clean. The floors in my room were tile, so a bit cold on the feet, but nicer than stained carpets I think. The towels were softer than those in a five star Malta hotel I also stayed at. The wifi in my room was fine and even the outlets were universal so I didn't need an adaptor for my computer. The hotel is in the heart of Saint Julian's so very easy to go out at night. They have a couple nice macs in the lobby and a very nice library too. The one thing they need to address is their printer. I wanted to print my airline boarding pass but a few of the front desk people said to wait for the morning staff. I did that and they too were not sure about how to get the printer to work -- need to get some printer use guide set up for the staff and clientele. The boarding pass would have saved me a good bit of time waiting in line.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and luckily got one.