“Lovely hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Modena, Italy
“Lovely hotel!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We spent 2 nights in this hotel.
We rented a double room through Booking.com and we spent 120€ per night.

The hotel has a very nice design, clean and well mantained.
The staff is very kind, especially Giulia who is nice, friendly and available to help.
The swimming pool on the roof is wonderful!
breakfast was included and it was delicious.

The only thing that did not make us happy was the very bad internet connection.
We chose the hotel also because the wifi and actually we almost could not use it.

In any case I really advice you to go to Valentina hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Attilano
HotelValentina, General Manager at Hotel Valentina, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you for your comments about the Valentina and the staff - they have been advised accordingly of your kind comments.

We were experiencing some problems with our wifi configuration, and you may be pleased to note that we have now rectified the situation and the service is smoother and faster as well. I am certain you will see the difference if you decide to come back to the Valentina! Thanks yet again for your valued comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel between 5th-10th July 2013. The hotel is well situated in St Julian's and slightly away from the hustle and bustle on a quiet side street. Noise is not an issue at this hotel.

The hotel is very stylish throughout and a very comfortable place to stay. Breakfast was excellent with a huge choice. The rooms are well designed and spotlessly clean. Bed was superb and air conditioning could be set to low which was virtually silent (helpful at night time).

The roof top pool is fantastic and a great place to catch the sun. Bar service is provided and very good.

All of the staff at the hotel were very friendly and very professional. Service was faultless.

Overall this is a top class hotel and one I will recommend and stay at in the future. For the money you would be hard pressed to find a better place to stay in Malta.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Nabalu
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

I tried so hard to find a nice place to stay at. This is new, modern, nicely decorated and wonderful. Rooftop pool is great. Rooms are romantic with blue lights. Wish wifi were stronger in the rooms. Could be noisy at weekends but this area is like this

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kadogufo
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had to think quite a lot about my review for the Valentina Hotel. On one side, it is definitely a great hotel, very modern and pleasant, an unbelievable value for money that I still cannot match at any of the other hotels I've stayed at previously. It clearly shows that the owners (it is a family owned hotel) are putting a lot of interest, effort and money into building a serious business with a spotless reputation - and for you, the guest, this means they really spoil you. From the free WiFi access to the rooftop pool where you can order drinks and snacks from the bar by phone and of course the rooms themselves - which are spotless - everything will make your stay there as pleasant as it can possibly be.
Unfortunately, I have to mention the one bad experience, as this one thing was about a hair's breadth away from spoiling everything. As I had a business meeting planned in the morning, I ordered a cab at reception - like you would do at any good hotel. Appallingly, the "cab" arrived 40 minutes later, under the form a a pretty run-down and unmarked old Mercedes, with no meter or radio or any other feature you would expect in a taxi - just some guy's car from off the street. But this is not really the problem (despite 40 minutes of delay being quite a big problem). Turned out the driver basically only knows the way to the airport and after driving back and forth I decided the hell with data roaming charges and just guided the driver with Google Maps to the desired address. I am quite sure this is a private "arrangement" of some staff member and a few people make a dollar out of it. No problem with that - we all need to make a living! I would have expected, though, at a hotel of this level, that I was told at reception about the one "taxi" not being immediately available and being given, alternately, directions to the nearest taxi station (which, by the way, is only a 3 minute walk away and I strongly recommend you using).
In the end, I have decided to let this slip as the hotel really has a lot of good to offer. Just make sure you don't book your taxi at reception!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank lucibitai
I am sorry that I didn't reply earlier to this review, and only because I wanted to ascertain the facts of what actually happened.

First of all thank you for the extremely positive comments about the Valentina, which are appreciated and thus making the comments about the taxi driver more difficult to evaluate. We pride ourselves in giving top quality service all the way through and our resident taxi driver does not employ anyone except his two sons. They all drive impeccably maintained Mercedes cars, charge flat fees (extremely reasonable) and all our front office staff have strict instructions on who they can call if the need arises. It seems that we had a very busy day on that particular day, all our 3 drivers were otherwise engaged. We tried calling several back up cars but all seemed to be engaged. We then opted for a garage which is quite close - they also operate on a flat fee, hence the lack of taxi meter in the cab, with the result that no-one was satisfied. I still would like to take responsibility for this incident and would like to invite the respondent to contact me directly at the hotel in order to offer our personal apologies for this ommission.
Nomansland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I lived here during 1 week in June this year and I was surpriced once I´ve arrived how modern and good this hotel was. The staff were very helpful, the breakfast was tasty, the pool area on the top floor was wonderful and the rooms were cleaned very well every day. I enjoyed my stay here and if I ever come back to Malta I will certainly choose this hotel. Don´t waste your money at the so called luxury hotels. This one is better. If I have to bring up something negative about this hotel then it would be that they didn´t fulfill my wish to get a room with a balcony. Maybe they are not reading the comments when you make a reservation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Columbus744
Armoy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We are just back from a ten night stay at the Hotel Valentina and have to agree with most of the reviews on Trip Advisor. The staff are friendly and helpful. The Hotel itself is very modern and new. We were very impressed with the standard of cleanliness throughout the Hotel. The breakfast was very good and everything is well presented. There is a good choice of food each morning and the waiting staff are so friendly and keep the tables well cleaned. We had a room with a balcony on the second floor which was lovely. The Hotel owns a restaurant called "The Avenue" which is excellent and although we tried other places the food here was very hard to beat. We really enjoyed our stay at The Valentina and would certainly use it again if we return to Malta. One point we would like to make is that our room was not always cleaned to the standard of the other recent review. We had put this down to the fact that we had stayed for a longer period than most but it seems now that it depends on the housekeeper. We are sure the management at the Valentina will continue to keep up the high standards throughout the Hotel. Owen and Pamela

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OPHarrigan
Broadway, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Our 12 days at the Hotel Valentina were fabulous. From our arrival to our departure we found all staff to be warm and friendly, and extremely helpful. The recent refurbishment has resulted in a beautifully decorated hotel, the entrance area is particularly stunning. Don't bypass the bar there as they serve a mean Margarita! Our room, 606, was situated on the top floor adjacent to the roof pool and was a delight with all you could wish for, always clean and a very comfortable bed. The room had a good-sized terrace allowing you to sit and enjoy the city views in your "own space." The pool and surrounding area were lovely whether taking a dip or lounging with a book - both always kept clean and tidy, as was the entire hotel even allowing for final touches here and there with the refurbishment. The breakfast was excellent and the choice of items was vast, something to please everyone. It was located on a mezzanine floor which overlooked the entire entrance giving a wonderful feeling of light and space, a great way to start your day. There is an added bonus with this hotel as you are given a discount card for the nearby "Avenue" restaurant, which we would highly recommend. The food and service are excellent and would be hard to beat anywhere on the island. We would certainly make a return trip to this hotel and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,327 reviews
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's

Been to Hotel Valentina? Share your experiences!