“Exceeded our expectations”
Review of Hotel Valentina

Hotel Valentina
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We booked this hotel for 2 nights based on their very good reviews; the hotel exceeded our expectations! Service was particularly good. Reception staff were friendly and welcoming - we were given a complimentary drink on arrival and offered to sit in their comfortable reception area to watch the England World Cup game, whilst they dealt with our check-in. Décor is modern, rooms clean and comfortable (particularly the beds) and, despite being in St. Julians, it was remarkably quiet - we slept soundly both nights. Breakfast was equally impressive - an extensive range of hot and cold food (including fresh fruit, which is often lacking in many hotels). The rooftop pool area is small, but a nice place to relax, particularly early evening. The only thing the hotel lacks is a restaurant; we were offered a discount at their partner restaurant "The Avenue", which we tried. The food here was very good but we were not particularly impressed with the environment - more of a café than a restaurant. The most outstanding element of the hotel is their cocktail bar! Armando made THE best Mojito I have ever tasted and he prepared each cocktail with such care - a real craft! We enjoyed this so much that we returned to the cocktail bar on a further 2 evenings, despite having checked out of the hotel! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just returned from a lovely holiday with my girlfriend in Malta at this great!! hotel. The hotel, facilities, food & staff were all amazing, helpful and brilliant, and in agreement with the previous tripadvisor reviews that This hotel is so worthy of more than a 3 star status and definately deserves the number 1 spot on tripadvisor for hotels in st julians. This hotel is a modern gem that puts to shame all the so called 5 star hotels in the area. Roof top pool area that was spotless, as was every area we were in the hotel. Location is central to everything yet quiet enough for you to sleep. The breakfast was great and part of the stay. We have rarely stayed in such an excellent hotel, with such friendly, helpful staff even the people of Malta were all helpful and friendly to us. I am one hard critic and person to please and I have to say I am finding it hard to think of any negatives of this hotel. If am to be picky I would probably say all it needed (anyway for me) is some spa/gym facility but that is just me trying find However on reflection, the hotel was excellent in every way and I sure will be staying there if I am in Malta again.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I travel all around Europe on business and can honestly say this is one of if not the nicest hotel I have stayed in and considering it is in a tourist area makes it even more unique. I would have rated the hotel in the excellent but the actions of one member of staff on the final night ruined that rating. The rest of the staff are attentive, pleasant and the most willing persons. The hotel is clean and extremely well designed with excellent rooms, I could go on and on about it but eventually I would bore you. My only problem was the staff member serving us at the bar on the final evening who had an attitude to sink a ship and it was so bad I had to ask "are you upset in some way" "No, I am tired" she replied. Not my problem I had been working out in the heat all day and had to get up early for the long journey home.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Stephen G
Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you're thinking of a quiet, clean, friendly place to stay in Malta, Paceville probably wouldn't be high up on your list. It's a noisy, unkempt little place, full of p1ssed-up teens, grotty little street taverns and t1tty bars. However, tucked away in the morass of debauchery is this place - an oasis of calm in a desert of yellow raybans, orange football shirts and pink Englishmen.

My wife and I stayed for three nights and were impressed by the cleanliness of the room and hotel, the decor (very tastefully modern), prompt and friendly service and great selection at the buffet breakfast. There is no in-house restaurant, but they provide a discount at one of the popular places nearby (The Avenue, literally two minutes' walk away).

The rooftop pool is a highlight (though 'pool' is stretching it - if you fancy a swim in it you'll need the attention span of a goldfish as it's only about 50 feet long) and even though you are literally slap-bang in the middle of party-town, it's still pretty quiet if you get a room facing the courtyard rather than the street.

All in all, a bargain - don't overlook it in favour of poncier-looking places.

Room Tip: Higher the better, and facing the courtyard, not the street
1  Thank Stuart_n_Crawford
Reviewed 29 June 2014

When you find a place like this you sometimes do not want to share in fear of the masses arriving and the prices rising----but wanted to write this review as we had such a enjoyable stay. This hotel is so worthy of more than a 3 star status. The rooms are great with the most comfy bed we have slept in in a long time, excellent service---especially Adam at the rooftop pool----breakfast was plentiful and open for 3 1/2 hrs each morning ( if you needed a sleep in )--spotlessly clean, central to everything yet quiet enough for you to sleep.George and Tyrone who collected and took us back to the airport were fantastic also. I recommend several restaurants in the area but especially---peppinos, u bistro, sale and pepe, maltese mama and the one associated with the hotel--the avenue. We also spent several restful days at the reef club at the Westin Dragonara which provided a very welcome sea breeze. Trip advisor is my first come to for hotel recommendations and it did not let us down this time.

Room Tip: we stayed in 609--at the pool but no balcony
5  Thank gillian483
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This was highly recommended on tripadvisor and it certainly did not disappoint! We stayed in a double room on the 5th floor with balcony facing away from the street (we requested a higher room based on user recommendations). The decor is modern and new, breakfast buffet had an excellent array of fresh and tasty choices. The roofside pool was fantastic with a pool bar as well. Very close to buses going to Valetta/Mdina/ferry to Gozo and lots of excellent restaurants nearby. Location was near Paceville close to clubs but location was on a quiet street that you would never had thought they were so close. Well worth a stay, staff were friendly and good value for money!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank C L
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the penthouse for our honeymoon and this was the perfect hotel - modern, clean, centrally located and great, helpful staff. It's only a couple of years old and has everything you need for a comfortable stay in Malta. Highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
#8 of 33 in Saint Julian's
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Hotel Valentina? Share your experiences!