“Excellent food and Excellent service”
Review of Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant
Ranked #19 of 331 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Price range: US$59 - US$176
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Blue Elephant is a tranquil oasis of waterfalls, luscious greenery and tropical flowers. Smiling, friendly staff and the best Royal Thai Cuisine in Malta guarantees a memorable visit. Fresh fruits and herbs and also tons of orchids are flown in weekly direct from Thailand. Blue Elephant Malta offers you the possibility to reserve your own special space in this magnificent restaurant. Here you can surprise your guests in a unique atmosphere in our private huts. Blue Elephant can cater for a variety of occasions such as: Intimate Dining, Private Parties, Wedding Parties, Conference Dinners and many others….From the moment you step in the restaurant, you will be transported to the lands of the East. The waterfall, the landscaping and the seating will certainly carry you far, far away. Savour mouth-watering delicacies prepared from authentic Thai ingredients and forgotten centuries old recipes from the Royal Palace.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have been to this restaurant for celebrating my husband's birthday. And we spent a lovely and unforgettable night. Food is great and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

We will go back there definitely.

1  Thank mmifsud
MaltaHilton, Manager at Blue Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear mmifsud,
Thank you so much for such a positive review. We are truly honoured that you decided to celebrate a special occasion with us and am very happy that the team looked after you so well.
I do hope we see you again soon at the Blue Elephant
Assistant F&B Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is one of the best Thai restaurants we have ever eaten in. Great food and ambience. Greatly recommended.

1  Thank Dave_T999
MaltaHilton, Manager at Blue Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Dave_T999,

Thank you so much for your review. I am truly glad that you enjoyed your experience and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have been to this restaurant quite often over the past number of years. I have always been extremely satisfied with food quality and service. But not this time and this is precisely why I am surprised. Thai food should have lemongrass, coriander, galangal flavours bursting through, but the food was tasteless and felt like it came from some cheap oriental buffet.

I will be back as there are not many Thai options around and really hope they get their act together.

Dear MalcolmMT,

It is never pleasant to read a negative review from any of our customers, especially so when it’s form a repeat of regular client. I do apologise that we never achieved what you have come to expect from us and I would be very grateful, if you do decide to return, that you contact myself directly euan.phillips@hilton.com to arrange your booking.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

So went there on sunday 10th nov it was a a long time since i been there so i decided to go with some mates of mine who just cam from irland and the other one from italy milan so we ordered the starters it took 40 mnts for the starters to come and i asked them for some thai prawn crackers while we was waiting and drinking wine and they said they ran out of stock come on u cam make them very easy or buy them from a good supermarket , anyway another thing we ordered the wine and it was warm so they had to chill it and then we ordered another 1 an again it warm i say come on its supposed to be a five star restuarnt but its not i been to the one in paris and was far more better as service and food quality i mean by the time the main coursr has arrived i had losed appitite and even my friends where complaining plus come on can you get a green curry wrong and the duck was not good at all i am sorry i was very disapionted and then the cherry on the cake was when we ordered some liquires after food it was averna they could at least double the averna as it was like a shot of it i dont know which mesure they use but the end i think this is not could how you treat costumers as i am maltese and i had got some forigne pepole inside the hotel and i was saying to them that it was the beat rest and good food but i was embarrsed buy such a rest which i will def never visit again if they dont change i mean come its the only thai rest in malta it should be a good piont of advertisment for the maltese tourism but insted it is a let down pls try and sort this matter because its a shame for a nice rest like that to sink down tnks .
Pls

1  Thank cartermichael

Dear cartermichael,

Thank you for your detailed and candid review. Without going into each of your points individually, your experience is not what Blue Elephant is known for and certainly should not have happened. It’s unclear from your review as to whether you brought your concerns to the attention of the restaurant manager on the night, I would be very interested to hear from you directly should you wish to discuss your experience in more detail.
My direct e-mail is euan.phillips@hilton.com

I’m very sorry we did not meet your expectations on the night nor the high standards that we set ourselves.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hadn't booked but turned up by chance. Plenty of room, shown to a table straight away and drinks orders taken immediately.
We had a wonderful set meal, the meat and fish were cooked just right and we were able to order extra dishes as required.
The meal was finished off with a bowl of fresh fruit and ice cream.
Attentive service throughout.

1  Thank LongTallJ

Dear LongTallJ,

Thank you so much for your positive review of our Blue Elephant Restaurant. I am very glad that you enjoyed your meal and that the team looked after you so well.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future