“Excellent! ”

Kuya Asian Pub
Reserve a table
Ranked #15 of 315 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Description: **This place is temporarily closed.** We are a relaxed Asian street food & Craft Beer
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Perfect place for a relaxed dinner! Food was excellent, both starter and main came in a timely manner! Staff was absolutely brilliant and very helpful! Food tasted exceptionally good and it's well priced.

Date of visit: June 2017
Write a reviewReviews (596)

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I had to make an exception and visit this place though I am not a dinner fan (my dinner usually is offered to my enemies ).Went with friends and we found a space near the bar..The place is really narrow and either you reserve a table to be sure orelse take what is free. We ordered sea weeds and edamame as starters.Then,bang bang chicken, cod,and yellow curry chicken. As desert "not banofee pie".All the food was excellent ,we enjoyed every bite.Desert was amazing though we had a bit of fun looking at the presentation. ..could have been arranged in other way..but I will let you have fun looking at the photos as well. I wish for the owners to choose another location more spacious and to serve lunch as well..My routine is breakfast and lunch..if I do exceptions I will have nightmares and tummy aches. Anyway, I found out next day that their food is good as well as diuretic and detoxifying. ..

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Perhaps not much to look at from the outside but well worth a visit. Excellent service - the staff helped with our choices. There is a Specials board which changes daily. Vegetarian options on request. Starters and mains were excellent. Healthy choices and all our dishes were very tasty. Very reasonably priced too. Good atmosphere. Booking might be wise as its fairly small and busy. They also offer take-away food too.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Visited Kuya for a quick lunch and it did not disappoint. I had yellow curry and my husband a bang bang chicken and both were delicious. The place is a pub so it can be a bit dark especially since it is underground. Prices are good too. Mains are in the 10 euro range. Worth visiting again.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We found the reviews on Trip Advisor so called in but found they were fully booked as it's teeny. Luckily we could get a booking for the following night.
The food was great with the right amount of spice. We had the Tori Karate chicken and Beef patties for starter and the Thai Beef Salad and Thai Green Chicken Curry for main. The starters were the best and the mains were really tasty too.
There's a great real ale selection as hubby loves his beer (make sure you ask what they have as they weren't all on the menu).
I finished the meal with a mango sticky rice which was a gorgeous way to finish off. I was very reluctant to share it with hubby but had to!
The only reason for the lack of 5 stars was the service as it took ages for us to be served. They probably need more servers on a weekend evening.
Overall we'll definitely be back when we're next in the area.

Date of visit: March 2017