“Disappointment”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Sad atmosphere, poor food and not cooked well. They have no more idea of what Italian cuisine. In return, they have a great wine list that does not make ... Rejected!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Giuseppe G

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food among Italian family :)”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I have been to this Restaurant twice and I must admit the food was very good, very fresh and tasty. That place I recommend to the people who likes sicilian atmosphere as well as italian style- quite noisy but very welcoming. Luca is great ! ;-)

Island of Malta, Malta
“A taste of Sicily in Malta”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Had lunch here and as we had been to Sicily and eaten there we wondered if it would feel like we were 'there' and it did.Greeted by an Italian speaking waiter and we chose a table to suit us.The wine list was brought to me and it was pretty extensive and you needed roughly 20 euros plus for a decent bottle..so I asked if they did a Sicilian 'house white', the waiter did not really understand me, however in the end, he brought me a 'taster' and it was lovely, so I had a glass of that.Prices on the menu looked slightly higher than in other comparable places, but then again, this was a Sicilian restaurant and they specialised in lots of fish dishes, which you expect to pay more for.The bread and olive oil was divine
Had a seafood pasta to start, which was wonderful and fresh, and the pasta was perfectly al dente.Then we had squid and prawns, with fried potatoes, some salad, and grilled zuccini and aubergines.I thought I had ordered a fish platter, but it turned out to be a 'fish stew'...I did not have my glasses on and so was my fault for not reading the menu correctly,Was delicious and portions were good.Then we shared a dessert of pear and ricotta cheese which melted in your mouth and was just like we had in Sicily, and we both agreed, this is an authentic Sicilian restaurant for sure....the food was 'clean' , beautifully cooked and presented.We could not fault it, and the restaurant itself had a lovely atmosphere, with subdued lighting, and a real rustic feel to it.Coffee and 3 glasses of wine, plus the cover charge, and the bill came to 85 euros, so not cheap, but we enjoyed every mouthful and cheaper than getting a flight to Sicily to eat! We will be back for sure.Thank you to everyone for looking after us so well.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lisa776033
Sliema, Malta
“Appalling service”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have never been to such a disgrace of a restaurant; Never, have I been so insulted. This review shall be posted on as many restaurant review boards as I can get my hands on. Please let me know your thoughts"The worst restaurant experience of my life. The waiter was rude and rolled his eyes due to the fact that we just wanted drinks and desserts, then came back only to tell us that even though we were the only people in the restaurant, that we had to buy a full meal or leave. We had ordered a bottle of water before hand, so we decided to simply take our time with that and leave, but no.. not only did they keep checking up on us till we left, but also brought the bill without our asking. Now, not only will i leave bad reviews over the aforementioned, but I will also inform all my employees, friends, and family how down right appalling your customer service is. you will never see my custom again. "

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank deacon4578965
Uxbridge
“Must be tried”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Eat here for the first time three years ago when we visited Malta and loved the place than, went back again to Malta this year and had to go back to Lupo again (twice!). Great Buffalo mozzarella, super steaks, excellent wine and very friendly service. Eat outside and watch the world go by - truly a lovely experience.

• Visited August 2013