“Great for a 7am overseas flight”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Opfikon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Room was just what was needed for an early morning flight. Can't comment on the amenities as we arrived late and departed so early but it was ideally located within the terminal and convenient to the rail station. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vwconvdc1195
Radisson-Blu-Zurich, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear vwconvdc1195

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us - depite it being a short one. We are glad you were happy here and that you would return again.

We hope you had a good onward trip.

Thanks again and kind regards from Zurich,

Werner Knechtli

Write a ReviewReviews (2,493)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel was recommended to me because I had a very early morning departure from Zurich the following morning. The location is excellent for that purpose, but it's the only reason I'd ever consider staying there again.

The room was dated and not very clean. As an example, there was a large orange colored bench up against the wall under the television set that I assume was intended as a place to put luggage. It had a huge stain on it and was generally dirty. Bathroom floors were also very worn looking, again to the point of looking like they weren't clean. There was a window between the bathroom shower and the main part of the unit, so anyone wanting privacy while taking a shower had better be alone. Although, the hotel had taped (literally with transparent tape) brown paper on the window to provide privacy. I wouldn't expect that in a Motel 6, let alone in a $300+ a night hotel in Zurich. Lastly, I requested a morning wake-up call, which never occurred. I could have missed my flight had I not set an iPhone backup alarm. 2 star hotel at best, but 5 star location in airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kevin d

Dear kevin d

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We regret to hear you were not happy with the service you received or the hotel in general. I understand your concerns regarding the wake up call, I will take this to my Front Office Manager and discuss this matter with him. We appreciate constructive feedback, as we can only benefit from it.

We nevertheless hope to be able to welcome you back again and next time convince you of our 4star superior standard.

Thank you once again and kind regards from Zurich,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Good Hotel within the Airport. Easy for connection flights and easily accessible to train and other services the bank is right there for currency exchange. Restaurant serves you the best wine of your choice. On Duty staff was polite and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Dolly D

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. We are glad you enjoyed your time spent here at our hotel.

We would be delighted to welcome you back again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed in the hotel for a night because my flight was cancelled and when I was in the plane I realized that all my money was gone. It was a big amount so I was that nervous that I made the air-hostess ask the pilot to call the hotel to ask if they had my money. The answer was "no". When I arrived to my destination, I wrote a complain at Swiss (my air company) and at the Police Station and send it to the hotel. The answer I received from them was that they had asked their staff and that they didn´t have the money and, as it wasn´t in the safety box, there was nothing they could do for me. Terrible news for me. I wasn´t expecting such treatment from such a high standard hotel. If staff does this in this kind of hotel....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sara x
Radisson-Blu-Zurich, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Sara x

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We have taken note of your complaint. However, as your stay was a year ago, the investigation on this will be a difficult one. We do nevertheless take these comments seriously. Thank you once again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

this is a useful to stay if you full day business meeting. It is in the airport and it is just out of your flight. At the check in you are welcome by a nice experience: a great glass tube full of wine bottles. these are not for you unless you order them at the restaurant. Nice place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Luciano B
Radisson-Blu-Zurich, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Luciano B

Thank you very much for your comment. Great you enjoyed your meeting with us and that you liked our unique Wine Tower.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've stayed at the Radisson Blu a number of times when departing on early flights and this review is well overdue. The hotel is ideally located within the terminal and very convenient for the Railway station, it also has dedicated parking on the 8th floor of P3. For those familiar with the chain this hotel is significantly better than other members of this group in other airports around the world but with prices to match.

As many have remarked, the bar and wine cellar in the lobby are unusual and always raise a smile. The rooms are well appointed and quiet. Breakfast is served in a slightly cramped area just off the lobby and could be better but to be honest I've only used it once.

All in all it does exactly what it needs to do … smoothly and effortlessly.

Room Tip: Business Rooms come with free WIFI and include breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Radisson-Blu-Zurich, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Hugh B

Thank you very much for your review and that you found time to write about your many experiences here at our hotel. We are glad you have always been happy with our service and product in general.

Regarding the breakfast, our Super Breakfast Buffet is located in the Filini Restaurant but we have a Grab & Run for the early birds which is small and located in the lobby.

Thank you once again and we would be delighted to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Radisson Blu Hotel was an excellent choice for us. It was walking distance from the terminal and the building itself was beautiful to look at. The room was large by European standards and very comfortable. There was an in room fridge and a coffee/tea maker, all very welcome after a transatlantic flight. The very early check in was not a problem. I will definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again when the need arises.
However, breakfast in the hotel is outrageously expensive. If you make a reservation for breakfast the night before, is was 26.00 CHF ($29.00 USD) if you do not make a reservation and just show up at breakfast the charge is 38.00 CHF ($42.00 USD).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear baldharv

A big thank you for your detailed review. It is great see you were happy with your stay, we could not ask for more than satisfied guests.

Thank you also for wanting to recommend us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Werner Knechtli

Also consider these accommodations in or near Opfikon
Hilton Zurich Airport
Enge
B2 Boutique Hotel + Spa
B2 Boutique Hotel + Spa
#6 of 138 in Zurich

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport? Share your experiences!