They certainly tried hard to create a hip design. The flying wine angels and the flashy colorful wine tower are certainly clever and make an impression. As soon as that wears off, the emptiness sets in. There is something sad and soulless about the entire space; not just the spacious, airy lobby, but everywhere.
The employees seem friendly. But the friendliness comes through more as "I am under strict orders to be friendly. Therefore I am friendly." They have a strange credit card deposit policy upon check in. It's not a big deal once they explain it. It's just strange and annoying.
The room was clean and except for the nozzle holder in the shower, functional. All 3 of us (2 adults & 1 child) got 8 hours' sleep, yet we woke up completely exhausted. We were zombies all day plus part of the next day. And it wasn't because we drank a lot during dinner. It felt like the hotel sucked all the life out of us.
Then there is the price. They suck a lot of money out of you too. After staying at this hotel, one can calculate exactly the value of a minute of extra sleep. There are many hotels within a 10 minute walk from Zürich Hauptbahnhof. The trip from Hbf to the airport is 9 minutes. Let's round it up to 20 minutes for the sake of simplicity. It is easy to find a hotel near Hbf which is CHF 150 less expensive than the Radisson Blu. That puts the price of an extra minute of sleep at CHF 7.50.
That's CHF 450 / hour.
It is not worth it. Especially when the sleep is more like inverse sleep.
I will never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport is located just a few steps away from the arrival and departure areas of Zurich Airport. This enables the guest to be at the check-in area within minutes. Guests can also benefit from 69 parking spaces with direct access to the 8th floor. The Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport provides its guests 4018m2 of meeting and event space consisting of 52 Meeting and Board Rooms spread over three floors. The hotel offers Switzerland's most comprehensive range of services for multi-day conventions and conferences, as well as for smaller meetings lasting from a few hours up to a whole day. The hotel's largest room - ballroom - 'Zurich', located on the first floor with an area of 800m2, can be divided into four sections and can host up to 600 people. The spacious foyer has a spectacular view overlooking the Wine Tower.Modern hotel design in a class of its own, in the styles 'Chic', 'Fresh' and 'At Home' offered by the 330 hotel guest rooms which include the six one-bedroom 'Charme' suites and the spacious presidential suite.A spectacular highlight in the atrium lobby is the 16-meter high Wine Tower itself, which can be stocked with up to 4000 bottles of wine and champagne. All meeting delegates and hotel residents enjoy free high speed internet access in the whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport Hotel Opfikon
- zürich Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport Canton Of Zurich, Switzerland