“consistantly comfortable, pleasant, relaxing, peaceful.”

The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Suffolk Park
Reviewed 5 April 2010

i am a brisbane local and have been going to the byron at byron for some years for time out from a busy business life. it has been consistantly a comfortable, pleasant, relaxing and peaceful place to stay and in my experience, my favourite get-away location anywhere in australia. waking to bird-song, wandering through the magical rain forest, exercising along the vast and often deserted tallow beach, reading or dozing around the pool in the shade of the paperbarks, has to be some of the most enjoyable leisure times i have ever experienced.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank sierraalphawhiskey
There are newer reviews for The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa

Reviewed 17 March 2010

The Byron at Byron is unlike any hotel I have ever seen. All the suites are tucked into the rainforest so that it feels like you are living in your own private tree house. A practically empty beach is a 10-minute walk away from the rooms. A magically serene pool is a 3-minute walk away. The food at the restaurant is simply delicious. The staff is friendly and accommodating. There is a shuttle that goes into town every day, but at a place like this, just sitting on the front porch of the room reading and listening to the rain can be a vacation in itself.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2010

I recently stayed at the Byron and while the resort and the rainforest it's situated in are lovely, you feel in very very close proximity to neighbours (more than any hotel I've stayed at before). We had a neighbour with a very loud horrible laugh and a different neighbour who set their alarm clock to annoying loud buzzing for 5:30 a.m. and then apparently left. In the three weeks we were in Australia, I had all my worst nights of sleep at the Byron. The beautiful sounds of the rainforest were so close, but I never got to enjoy them. Torture.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vanc0uvervisit0r
Reviewed 28 February 2010

They Byron is certainly a magical spot. Having a room with the rainforest directly outside is simply beautiful, and the facilities are fantastic also...yoga each morning, great gym, outdoor restaurant and bar and of course a pool. The walking trails are also great, and the beach is about 10 minutes away. The staff were friendly and our stay overall was great. The only downside would be that the room we were in was at that turning point of needing a re-furb...stains on the couch and curtains, wood finishings a little worn in places, bathroom fixtures looking well used....which at the price we paid would have expected perfection in the room as it certainly was the case in the rest of the complex. Oh, and our dishwasher was full of the previous occupants leftovers...ew!

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank review_h0tel
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Not even in my wildest dreams I imagined a vacation as good as the one our family experienced in The Byron at Byron Resort and Spa. It was actually a present for my parent's 50 anniversaries. All the family including my parents, my brother and sister along with their own families and mine were staying there for a week. We were getting along so well, it was such a pleasant vacation, the service was so attentive and the resort itself was so lovely…wonderful, just wonderful:) It was quite an expense, way above our regular budget but once in a life time…Any how, we found it cheaper in easy click travel web site so it minimized a bit the expenses. I enjoyed making my parents happy and that was the most important thing.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I stayed at the Byron at Byron with my husband in December 2009. It is a lovely location and the rooms were spacious and clean and we definitely relaxed while we were there. Rooms had a small kitchen fully equipped which was very handy if you didn't want to be tied to a time to have breakfast etc.... A reviewer previously has mentioned the outside of the rooms looked a little strange sort of 70's style but once inside they are lovely - good air-conditioning and a big bath as well as a walk-in shower. Lovely big comfortable bed and big sofas - we certainly relaxed while we were there. I only have one negative - we'd arranged a late check-out when we were leaving with the front desk but the cleaning staff didn't know so they were knocked on our door around check out time - not that bad in itself as they obviously didn't realise but when I explained to them we had a late check-out I got the surly response 'Well, nobody has told me' - as oppose to 'I'm very sorry we hadn't been told. Please excuse us.' which is more what I might have expected. Maybe just got someone on an off day because everyone else was very polite. It is quite expensive though and I don't think it is excellent value for money - just OK if you fancy a bit of luxury and want to splurge.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I stayed here with a friend and our twelve year old sons for 2 nights.
Personally greeted by staff, nothing too much trouble.
Perfect studios, washing machine, dream bathroom.
Set admist rain forest, close to beach...
Expensive, but you get what you pay for...
Cant fault the Byron

The Oasis Resort & Treetop Houses
Victoria's at Wategos
Victoria's at Wategos
#18 of 32 in Byron Bay

Been to The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!