“Luxury B & B with superb facilities and welcoming host”

Holly House Bracknell
Ranked #1 of 6 Bracknell B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed at Holly House for one night recently while visiting our son and family who live just around the corner. Holly House is perfect, or as near as you can get to it. My husband and I have stayed in quite a few B & B's not just in the UK but in Canada and the USA as we both have family who live in North America. Nowhere comes close to the exceptional levels of comfort, cleanliness, welcoming atmosphere and warmth of Holly House. This elegant and charming B & B provided an excellent location for us and, indeed, is extremely well located for anyone needing access to the M3 or M4. Our bedroom was beautiful and both of us enjoyed an excellent's night sleep in the most comfortable of beds. The bathroom was sheer luxury with both lovely deep bath and separate shower, not to mention the Molton and Brown products provided. The room was spotlessly clean throughout. Breakfast was excellent. My husband had the full English and I enjoyed the Continental. Nothing was too much trouble for Valerie, our host. Just ask and she will oblige. Holly House is tucked away in a beautiful and peaceful lane, very tranquil and yet only 5 minutes from the town centre. Valerie deserves her 5 stars and we cannot recommend this B & B highly enough. It is without doubt, exceptional in every way.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 May 2013

The whole experience at Holly House was outstanding from start to finish . Valerie was the perfect host , friendly , helpful and determined that our stay should meet the extremely high standards she sets.From the minute we arrived to tea and home baked cake to our departure nothing was too much trouble.
Our room overlooked the beautiful gardens and was everything we needed . Our room (indeed everywhere ) was maintained to the highest possible standards .
The breakfast was simply stunning, finished with more home baked muffins !
We took Valeries advice regarding the back route into windsor and it was faster and prettier than the alternative provided by our satnav .
We will definately stay here should we be in the area again .

Room Tip: some rooms do not have a bath , so if this is a big deal to you , you might want to mention it when...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2013

When I first saw all of the glowing reviews for Holly House I was a little skeptical. Such overwhelming positive ratings usually arouse my suspicions. But as my go-to, business travel hotel was booked and other locations were quite expensive, I booked a 3-day stay at Holly House. Upon arriving, my suspicions were immediately laid to rest.

This B&B (and Valerie, the owner) is every bit as charming as the reviews claim. The workmanship throughout Holly House is exceptional. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom, which was quite large, with both a shower and bath, was outfitted with very high-quality fixtures and furnishings. The common areas were also spotless, with wonderful paintings and decorations. And the breakfasts, prepared by Valerie herself, simply could not be compared to anything I have ever had at a hotel or even at expensive restaurants. Also, I slept with one window open and could hear nothing except the English evening - Holly House is in an upscale, quiet part of Bracknell.

My only regret was that I had to leave. Believe the reviews. You will not find better accomodations than Holly House or a better host than Valerie.

Room Tip: Take the room at the top of the stairs, just to the right as you step off the stairs. The bedroom a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce R
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Valerie and Barry made our weekend at Holly House. We particularly appreciated Valerie's wonderful breakfasts, the constant supply of warm towels and the free WiFi. Valerie and Barry are a fund of knowledge for local restaurant recommendations! We hope to see them again and recommend Holly House unreservedly to anyone who needs to stay in the area.

Room Tip: We had a superior twin, but I can't imagine any room isn't just as nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I stayed for 2 nights and had a wonderful experience...... A regular B&B this certainly isn't. Spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated rooms, with duck down duvet and pillows, and high quality linens. In the bathroom the cleanliness and luxury continues and a powerful shower, Molten Brown smellies and fluffy, gleaming white towels were wonderful and unexpected. Breakfast was delicious and Valerie, the land lady couldn't do enough to make my stay comfortable and pleasurable ...... Any one looking to stay in the area should absolutely book in.... Fantastic

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed at Holly House whilst away on business. I would honestly say its the best B&B I have stayed at.

The rooms are very comfortable, well decorated, clean with good quality bathrooms.
Free Wifi.
Valerie, the owner is very friendly and welcoming and will go out of her way to provide you with the best service.

Fantastic I would highly recommend. I will certainly be coming back again when working in Bracknell.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank travelmanEsussex
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I stayed at Valerie for 5 nights in a business trip. Everything was excellent. The room is fantastic and the bed is relaxing. The entire place has a delighting smell, the services are great and Valerie is an excellent host. In the morning you should do some jogging because the surroundings are really beautiful. I truly recommend to stay at the Holly House not matter if you travel in business or pleasure purposes!

Room Tip: Ask for the most beautiful room in the house, the one that is at the top of the stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business