“Perfect”

Ranked #1 of 7 Bracknell B&B and Inns
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here as part of a mid week mini break. Valerie greeted us so warmly, she had just baked a home made Victoria sponge cake which we enjoyed with some beautiful afternoon tea on arrival.

Our room was spotless, as was the rest of the house, how Valerie gets those cream carpets so clean really is a thing of beauty!

Breakfast as previously mentioned by others was fantastic. Little extras such as the mornings newspapers, radio on in the background, a selection of unusual books in each room and a huge selection of DVDs to borrow made this B&B far exceed others. We have stayed in hotels and paid four times the price of this and received nothing like the device you receive from Valerie.

Having never stayed in a B&B before, I can safely say if all were like this I would never again stay in a hotel! Overall a beautiful house in a picturesque location, ran by the lovely Valerie.

Cannot recommend highly enough!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my daughter. The perfect antidote for those that find chain hotels bland and impersonal. A warm welcome. Room fantastic. Every little luxury provided and a Memorable breakfast. We loved it and will definitely stay there again, I just wish there were a few more dotted around the country.

Stayed March 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Holly House is an immaculate place, set in a quiet area of Bracknell with easy access to both the town centre and the courntryside. There's no other host like Valerie. The highest standards are maintained throughout - from the very comfortable room (with high quality fixtures and fittings including a tv with built-in dvd player and an array of dvds to choose from!) to the beautifully decorated living and dining areas which I enjoyed during my stay.

Valerie serves the best breakfast I've ever eaten anywhere. There are so many options on the menu. I enjoyed the homemade muesli and fresh croissants during my stay.

I was in the area because of work, and I met other business travellers who have made Holly House their regular place to stay. And I'm sure it would be an ideal place for couples families too. If you're new to the area (as I was), Holly House is the perfect place to stay because of its proximity to some great eating places and it's also great for getting out into the quiet countryside. I enjoyed a gentle jog on the quiet roads in the surrounding area, courtesy of Valerie, who provided me with a printout of a fantastic running route. Another example of what an attentive, warm and hardworking host Valerie is. And also now a friend!.

Well worth a visit!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

It's hard to add much to the already amazing 5* reviews! but this really does live up to those reviews!

Nestled away on a quiet, private road, the house is spotless and everything is top notch!

Breakfast is amazing, even the bread is home made.

Definitely the nicest B&B I have stayed in!

Brendan (Hertfordshire)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Valerie is a charming lady and runs a gorgeous bed and breakfast. She went out of her way to ensure that my daughter and I had a lovely time. I cannot fault Holly House - our every need was catered for and we will be returning shortly.

Our bedroom and bathroom were immaculate and thoughtfully kitted out. Valerie goes to a great deal if trouble to make, bake and prepare a wide variety of delicious offerings for breakfast. I highly recommend her establishment.

Stayed March 2014
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The breakfast is not just a simple Breakfast it is absolutely Delicious, Valerie makes sure you enjoy your breakfast fully, she is a great host and cook, she does everything absolutely from her heart. Lovely place

• Stayed January 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Holly House is the best b&b we have stayed in. The room was excellent, very comfy bed, spotlessly clean, breakfast choice and quality was out of this world, my wife particularly loved the homemade bread. Valerie has catered for everything that you would ever need during your stay. We would not hesitate to stay here again, superb!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Stirrups Country House Hotel
Coppid Beech Hotel
Coppid Beech Hotel
#7 of 7 in Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell

Been to Holly House Bracknell? Share your experiences!