“Better than a normal travel lodge”

Travelodge Bracknell Central
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Better than a normal travel lodge”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Somehow this just seemed better than previous travelodges I have stayed in. There was a bar and a limited menu, but at least there was a menu! A cooked breakfast was also available too. The room was as per and the staff helpful. Nothing really to complain about and if I am back in the area I will certainly stay here again

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed one night here and it was a fairly standard Travelodge experience. Nothing wrong with it though as that's what we expected. It suited our needs and the parking was good. Breakfast was ok but bland. Despite being next to a main road we didn't have any problem with noise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I booked 2 double rooms for the 10th , 11th and check out on the 12th July, this was for a visit to Lego land for my son, we had on 1 towel in each room but were 2 people in each room, I asked in reception for the next day if more towels could be provided as 2 people sharing the same towel after a shower or washing is not nice, i was told that that was not a problem, but did not happen, when i went down to reception the next day i was advised that probably the reason this did not happen was because the house keeping staff don’t speak ENGLISH so did really understand, the shower curtains were stained and mouldy which i do not find acceptable at all and un hygienic.

On the morning of the 11th July we went down stairs for Breakfast (3adults 1 child) firstly i was charged for a child’s breakfast which apparently is FREE and was asked 4 times buy the Asian receptionist when i was leaving, whist having my breakfast, what I do not appreciate is being asked when i am leaving when i have only just got there, is this how all guests are treated ?? , when I asked her why she kept asking me this she just laughed and said it was ok.

I did ask the manager this also and he just smiled !!!!!

On the morning of the 12th July the day we WERE due to check out, we all proceeded to go down for breakfast when we got there , there were no tables available, and we have a queue of 20 people in front of us waiting also, in a hotel of this size you would expect to have more than 30ish covers for paying guest, when I asked the receptionist what’s was going to be done she just smiled.....

It seem that most of the staff in that hotel have a language barrier issue and I don’t find this acceptable, if you need or require information or just something simple for your room you can’t get this as the staff don’t understand you. as for being asked when i am leaving this I do not find acceptable, I used to manage a Brewers Fayre that had a Travel inn on the side of it and if we spoke to treated our guests like i was, we would have been reprimanded.

Room Tip: dont use this hotel 90% of staff dont speak english
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I had 3 nights staying in the Travelodge, honestly it wasn't my first choice to stay but the other hotels on my approved list were either fully booked or too far out of town. My check-in was faultless, thankfully after a very early start that morning.
The room was clean and in good condition, however my biggest grump about the room was it was too hot. Considering it looks like it was only recently built/refurbished it would have been lovely to put air conn in the rooms, they did leave a little desk fan out and I must confess that was quite powerful it still would have been much nicer with air conn.
That aside, if I needed to travel to Bracknell again I would consider using the Travelodge again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
manchester
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This is a modern Travelodge but try and avoid the 3rd floor in the summer it's like a sauna!
The rooms are tiny and with that heat it wasn't a pleasant stay.
The breakfast is the usual boring spread.
The bathroom is so small you feel suffocated while trying to shower.
Good points - the bed was comfy and free tea and coffee is supplied, free parking.
Bad points - tiny room, too hot in the room, boring breakfast.

Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We visited after a trip to Legoland Windsor.

The hotel had free parking, was clean and welcoming.

We asked for 2 rooms next to each other on arrival and although this hadn't been organised they managed to change our rooms with no fuss.

We also asked for a travel cot which we had forgotten to bring, which was supplied FOC by the time we arrived at our room.

Very clean/tidy and EXCELLENT value (2 family rooms, with Wifi for £68 total)

BARGAIN.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Booked this hotel online great value at the time for £45 for the family room. Arrived at the hotel and the Member of staff Naomi was very welcoming and more than happy to help, she showed a genuine interest in our stay, and went the extra mile by bringing the food we ordered up to our room, when we were expecting to have to go to reception to collect this.

Rooms were comfortable and bright, couple of fixtures could have done with a bit of maintenance however nothing major. room was as expected and perfect for a good nights sleep!

Ordered food & drinks from the bar, which given the location of this hotel and the typical prices you would pay they were reasonable (£3.40 for a pint of Stella & £8.25 for a 12" pizza)

I would 100% recommend this hotel - and if ever I'm in this area again i will be using this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge