“Too warm!!”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Bracknell Central
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed over for the farnborough air show. Easy to find. Plenty of parking. Nice air conditioned reception and food area. Third floor was incredibly hot. It was like a sauna in the corridors. Then we entered out room thinking air con would cool us down - no air con! Small window that hardly opened and a small fan. It just circulated the warm air and didn't cool us down. There was no soap in the bathroom. One towel between the two of us and a small shampoo that only one person could use as it was all gone after my husband used it. We left the sweat box and checked out the next day. Didn't want to pay for breakfast as it was around £8 each. The lady in reception was very polite and friendly. She asked how our stay was. I advised her it was too hot and disgusting on the third floor. She offered us her apologies and a free breakfast. That was very nice of her. Sort the AC out! Will not be going back there because of that.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lisa M

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Does exactley what it says on the tin,ie value for money,clean,comfy,near to the centre,Ok there is room for improvement especially regarding the hot room's,but for the money you can't really go wrong,my least favourite thing about this hotel apart from the hot rooms is the parking,if your not there before 7pm or go out in the car after that time expect to really struggle to get a space,all I can say is I am glad my wife was with me as I needed front and rear parking sensors unfortunately our car only has rear ones,managed with a bit of help from the wife to get into the last available space,this was at 9 15pm,these two issues aside it is a very good value hotel

Room Tip: Lower floors have cooler rooms in hot weather
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank broomy72
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Upon looking elsewhere for a 2 room, 2 night stay near Legoland for 20th & 21st July and not finding anywhere within our budget, we decided to give Travellodge an open honest chance as the hotel had been refurbished...please note i said Refurbished.

Upon arrival, parking was easy as on the website it states that spaces are limited although shortly after we had arrived at around 7pm spaces were filling quite quickly.

Entrance to hotel nice, clean and air conditioned considering the weather we are currently having it was really welcoming. The receptionist was very pleasant and there were plenty of people in the Bar-cafe. We booked in and were then told that someone would be in our room the following day to fit in the soap dispensers. We weren't really keen on the idea but went with it. We were then also told that we were on the 3rd floor and it was pretty hot up there although they had put the fan on, closed the curtains and the window was opened. My husband and i looked at each other and said OK.
Up in the lift we went. The doors opened and the heat hit us. We found our rooms which were opposite each other, one was over the front of the hotel the other the rear. Both rooms were like being in the Desert. We were hot outside but inside even more so! The rooms seemed clean and fresh enough until as you start to settle you notice small things, like cob webs on the open window, rubbish behind the top end of the bed, bathroom doors that dont close or have locks, lack of storage for more than 2 people, lack of water pressure, electric sockets that dont work and the biggy...NO AIR CONDITIONING!! Seriously this issue may only arise when we have our hot weather but it was known about before they refurbished so why when there is air conditioning on the ground floor did they not install air conditioning on the 3rd floor?!
The beds were something else to be desired. I suffer with back problems and have a medium firm mattress at home the same as was on the Travellodge bed, but suffered with my back the whole time we stayed. Also i noticed that although the pillows were quite hard there were no pillow protectors on them. Now i'm sorry if this sounds disgusting but with the heat in the room and the fact that people sweat quite alot in the heat and also and i hate to admit it but my pillow was very wet after the first night, it does not seem very hygienic that i have sweat over this pillow and some other person is then going to use the same pillow.

Now we didn't let any of the above issues go we were at Reception quite often as issues arose. Rubbish was cleaned up, sheets were provided instead of having to use the duvets, we asked for an extra fan and we got one apart from the one room couldnt use the extra fan as the socket didnt work. I cant say having 2 fans in the room helped as they didnt but it was worth the try. As for maintenance issues they were not done but were reported.

After we had 'settled in' my husband went to the bar and bought 2 bottles of Stella Cider. Now we dont go out but it cost £7.90 just for the 2 drinks. We though we think this was a bit excessive others may think this is about right.
We went down for breakfast on the first morning and it was pretty busy. We managed to get a table to suit 5 of us after a few minutes wait. It was average, no strawberry jam which is the only type our son eats, the bread was pretty hard around the edges and the choice was pretty limited but it was enough to cope with although i dont think the price reflects what you can get.

The second night after a long day at Legoland we thought we would eat in the Bar-Cafe. They have a couple of good deals so it was cost effective to do so. Once we had decided what we all wanted i went to order. One query i had was if the jacket potato was microwaved. The reply i got was "All our food is microwaved we buy it in frozen". I was stumped! I thought the deals were good but not to eat microwaved frozen food!! Order cancelled and Dominos delivered = one happy family. I asked if breakfast was freshly cooked and told that it was. hmmmm.
Breakfast the second morning was much the same as the first but i actually found one pot of strawberry jam = one happy son.

Final issue was that we needed to use the bathroom after checking out. The only bathroom is a disabled multi sex one. The issue here was that the sanitary bin was full to overflowing along with the general use bin which im sure you can also guess was stinking. Not very pleasant.

Now dont get me wrong despite all the issues above there are good points. The Staff, although most have a bit of a language barrier, were very pleasant and tried their best to help out where they were allowed to and there was no noise from outside road or rear or from inside once in the rooms.

Personally i think if you are going to stop at this hotel, its hot as it is at present and you get given the 3rd floor ask to be moved and if you are really hungry go out for food as you can pay their prices at a much better place.

Room Tip: Avoid the 3rd Floor in hot weather!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights while visiting the Farnborough Airshow. Our room faced the main road but with double glazing and insulation there was no noise from outside. There is ample free car parking and the restaurant on site had a good value menu. All staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Somehow this just seemed better than previous travelodges I have stayed in. There was a bar and a limited menu, but at least there was a menu! A cooked breakfast was also available too. The room was as per and the staff helpful. Nothing really to complain about and if I am back in the area I will certainly stay here again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed one night here and it was a fairly standard Travelodge experience. Nothing wrong with it though as that's what we expected. It suited our needs and the parking was good. Breakfast was ok but bland. Despite being next to a main road we didn't have any problem with noise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I booked 2 double rooms for the 10th , 11th and check out on the 12th July, this was for a visit to Lego land for my son, we had on 1 towel in each room but were 2 people in each room, I asked in reception for the next day if more towels could be provided as 2 people sharing the same towel after a shower or washing is not nice, i was told that that was not a problem, but did not happen, when i went down to reception the next day i was advised that probably the reason this did not happen was because the house keeping staff don’t speak ENGLISH so did really understand, the shower curtains were stained and mouldy which i do not find acceptable at all and un hygienic.

On the morning of the 11th July we went down stairs for Breakfast (3adults 1 child) firstly i was charged for a child’s breakfast which apparently is FREE and was asked 4 times buy the Asian receptionist when i was leaving, whist having my breakfast, what I do not appreciate is being asked when i am leaving when i have only just got there, is this how all guests are treated ?? , when I asked her why she kept asking me this she just laughed and said it was ok.

I did ask the manager this also and he just smiled !!!!!

On the morning of the 12th July the day we WERE due to check out, we all proceeded to go down for breakfast when we got there , there were no tables available, and we have a queue of 20 people in front of us waiting also, in a hotel of this size you would expect to have more than 30ish covers for paying guest, when I asked the receptionist what’s was going to be done she just smiled.....

It seem that most of the staff in that hotel have a language barrier issue and I don’t find this acceptable, if you need or require information or just something simple for your room you can’t get this as the staff don’t understand you. as for being asked when i am leaving this I do not find acceptable, I used to manage a Brewers Fayre that had a Travel inn on the side of it and if we spoke to treated our guests like i was, we would have been reprimanded.

Room Tip: dont use this hotel 90% of staff dont speak english
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton Bracknell
#4 of 7 in Bracknell
Coppid Beech Hotel
Coppid Beech Hotel
#7 of 7 in Bracknell

Been to Travelodge Bracknell Central? Share your experiences!