“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Stayed at this Hilton last weekend for 2 nights. I was a bit wary as the reviews were not very good but we had a very enjoyable stay. The check in was easy and we were upgraded to a plaza room which was very clean and nice. The room was big and the bed was huge and very comfortable as were the pillows. I slept very well except for my husband snoring.........
We were on the ground floor and had no problem with noise. The complimentary toiletries was of good quality.
We had coffee and tea making facilities in the room which was replenished each morning

We had a meal in the hotel bar the first evening - I had a warm sweet potato and pecan salad which was very tasty.

The breakfasts were lovely - buffet style with lots of choice, the sausages especially good. There were also juice, teas, coffee, yoghurts, fresh fruit, continental ham/cheese, salmon, fresh uncut bread, coissants, muffins, breakfast cereals, and lots more.

All the staff were friendly, but would especially like to mention Pankaj on reception who was very helpful.

We would stay here again with no hesitation.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Thank you so much for your very kind comments and we are delighted to learn that your stay was so enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bracknell again soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Turkish first
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We booked up this hotel several weeks ago for our Mothers 86th Birthday treat got a great deal for dinner bed and breakfast.On the day before We arrived I contacted the hotel to see if we could have a room to show the family some old family photos. I also asked if we could take a cake and some other bits along. Well firstly Alison the events Manager was really helpful and said there wouldnt be any problem at all. On our arrival we all had rooms that were close together and were really clean and comfortable. A really helpfull (I assume)duty manager let us into the Quiet lounge and even offered us a meeting room. The food was very good and the staff really helpful. They even gave us a chocolate birthday cake free of charge and presented it to the Birthday Girl. This was a great weekend with a very attentive and friendly staff. Well done.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2012

A mid range business hotel that has great, friednly efficient and helpful staff. however, the hotel is terrible for the brand and star rating. The hotel in general is cold (for some reason getting a decent temperature in any room is near impossible. There's a sense of damp around the hotel, that's probably exaggerated by the cool temperature. Above all the hotel rooms only have single glazed windows which means that if you're overlooking the road or the hotel services area you hear everything outside as if there was no window.

This hotel serioulsy needs some modernisation. Until that happens, it's not worth the aggravation or discomfort of staying there... however, hats off to the staff for making the place seem welcoming and warm

Room Tip: Away from the road
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Benalmadena-Malaga
Reviewed 21 November 2012

My wife and I have previously stayed at this hotel on numerous trips to the area from our home in Spain to see our family.It has been just over a year since we visited, and we were not impressed.
To begin with, when we arrived mid afternoon there was a long wait to check in as only one person was on reception.The previous day I had phoned the hotel to confrim that our room would have view rather than overlooking the roof, and the lady had confirmed that it did.
When we mentioned this to reception it transpired that the room booked did in fact look over the roof and another room had to be found.
The room itself was in a very poor condition with plasterboard coming away from the wall in one corner and blackened with what appeared to be damp. Other black lines ran up the exterior wall with what looked like earlier dampness. One bedside light ppeared to have been removed and the usual complimentary bottles of water we normally received as "Honours Card" holders were no available.
In the bathroom the handle to the toilet was positioned so that the toilet seat could not be raised and saty in position without holding it, and the toilet could not be flushed without knocking down both the seat and its cover, not ideal for gentlemen!
At breakfast the following morning, the buffet breakfast had been reduced in choice, and what was available was in smaller dishes than usual, which in my case meant that having put what I wanted on my plate,when it came to fired eggs there were none left and I had a problem getting staff to bring more as my breakfast grew cold! Additionally the previous choice of various fruit juices had been reduced to just Orange and I had to request Tomato juice to be brought separately.
Overall Hilton need to get their Hotel renovated,and increase staff and breakfast choice, or reduce prices. Standards are definitely slipping.

Room Tip: DeLuxe rooms either overlook surrounding green areas and car park or the roof of the swimming pool...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I stay regularly in this hotel and got to know it pretty well. It is close to my job and opposite the hotel you have a big supermarket which is open till 22.00 H. The hotel itself is a bit outdated, but are not all Hilton's. They modernized some rooms but charge you then extra : the so call double deluxe. Sometimes I stay in one of them : the last time I had to ask them to clean while I had dinner : there seems little demand for the more expensive rooms. Staff is friendly and one of the reasons I continue to stay here is that I just like the breakfast : fresh fruit, porridge and full english breakfast. I tried other hotels and there breakfast is simply not so good. So overall, not a modern hotel, friendly staff and you simply get used to it. I would not stay here privately, just not good enough.

Room Tip: ask for a "quiet executive" room, if you make a reservation in advance you pay about 20...
2 Thank 211Jeff211
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell
it is always good to hear feedback going in to next year we are having some bedroom refurbishments done along with other project around the hotel.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Despite my Hilton Hhonors preferences including being "away from the elevators" (since they don't have a preference for simply "a quiet room") yet again I found myself in probably the noisiest room in the hotel. Directly opposite a fire door and next to a compressor room for the swimming pool. The compressor kicked in at 05:30 most mornings, depriving me of a couple of hours sleep. I was there for four nights.

I was given two bottles of water on my first night - these were not replaced over the course of the week. My shampoo and shower gel were replaced once.

Some service was pretty good, including the bar staff, most of the front desk staff and a particular shout out to Charlotte, who was a trainee and took the heavy wit of my American colleagues with grace and humour.

However, I am seriously fed up with getting woken up early all week and won't be staying here again if I can possibly avoid it. Bracknell has a dearth of decent hotels but I would choose the Grange over the Hilton any day on the basis of peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 155 if you want to sleep beyond 05:30
1 Thank Jorganmeister
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

The most boring hotel I have ever stayed in! The Hilton Bracknell unfortunately typifies Hilton at its worst - Uninterested staff, dull decor (ok if you like magnolia I suppose...)small rooms, dark mould round the bath edges, dripping taps, very warm. Coupled with the fact it is located in the middle of nowhere - I'd rather take my caravan next time. Evidently there is a shortage of bedrooms in Bracknell - this is obviously why it's so expensive to stay there too.
Having said that - the Restaurant food was good as was the service.
Come on Hilton - stop exploiting us!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back to avooid the road noise. Also check if the Air Con is working
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!