“Convenience over noise” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Convenience over noise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice recently as local location. First time cold, second time room was too hot. However both times poor sleep quality due to traffic noise. Gym excellent. Breakfast excellent. Bought salad from Sainsbury's as more comfortable option than dinner/bar snacks. Free wifi throughout the hotel should be mandatory.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Turkish first
Launceston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

This stay was courtesy of Tesco Clubcard coupons so I didn't expect a top class room and I wasn't disappointed. The room was adequate for a weekend but my husband and I wouldn't have wanted to spend a week's holiday in it. The TV was suffering from technical problems, no BBC1 except for with subtitles nor were several other channels available. This probem was throughout the hotel but nobody seemed in any hurry to fix it. The room was clean as was the bathroom but through the hotel it was the small things that didn't receive attention - hospitality tray in the bedroom wasn't refreshed each day as items were used (although the toiletries in the bathroom were); at breakfast on two mornings there was neither milk nor marmalade on the table and these had to be requested. On the last morning breakfast ended at 10am but at 9.15am the fried eggs had run out and I was told that there wouldn't been any more as the fryer had broken down! I would have expected the member of staff to offer the chef preparing me a fried egg as I wished, not the blanket statement that there wouldn't be any more eggs that day. How can a large frying pan over heat break down? Another gripe is that there wasn't free wifi unless you were in a certain category of room or at a conference. This practice seems to be not just with the Hilton we stayed in but throughout Hilton hotels in the UK. Most hotels now offer free wifi as a matter of course. We would return again for a weekend but if I was paying the full price, I would choose another hotel in Bracknell rather than this one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell feedback such as this is very important to us.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

1st time I have stayed in this particular hotel. However the room and service was on par with other Hilton hotels that I have stayed in, in the past. Looking at the room I was in and by some of the pictures on this site it looks like some of the repairs that have been done over the years means that the rooms could do with a facelift just to make them look special again.

What has let the experience down for me are the small charges for things like bottled water and the WiFi service. I was almost at gold level on previous stays however all my points have been wiped off so need to save up again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay.

Hilton are investing in this property at the moment with a number of projects being carried out, therefore feedback such as this is very important to us.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

If you pay less than £75 a night this one is a good deal. The room is big and comfy. The bathroom had a faulty flush. Definitely dont expect in a Hilton. Some of the light fitting were loose. Food was average but the service was good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank R P
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

As Hilton hotels have a good reputation I was expecting great things when we arrived. Unfortunately I was disappointed in many respects. The hotel is situated on a busy roundabout and the double glazing does not do much to keep out the traffic noise. The rooms are uninspiring and could do with a make over but even worse that the fact that they need modernising was the fact that our room was not even particularly clean. My husband found black hairs in the bath and around the hand basin, the three lamps were so thick with dust that you could actually write a message in it. No-one had dusted the top of the tv or the sockets and light switches. There are no extra pillows or blankets in the room as you normally find in a four star hotel. The TV did not want to switch on no matter how many different ways we tried and a flashing light behind the TV lit up the whole room while we were trying to sleep. You even have to pay almost £4 for a bottle of water. The lighting is also poor, but I find this with most hotels these days and is not exclusive to the Hilton.
On the positive side, we had a lovely four course dinner and cooked breakfast. The staff were very attentive and very helpful. The temperature of the room was very comfortable.
It seems the problem lay with the housekeeping staff as the staff in the dining room give a very good service.
There was a good supply of complimentary toiletries and tissues but the tea tray had only UHT milk. Some fresh milk in a mini bar would have been a nice touch. Its not as if the Hilton is a cheap hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the roundabout
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maz03
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the Restaurant staff which has been shared with them.

Forest of Dean, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Good enough for a short/in transit stay. In room service good but food terrible. Restaurant food good but slow service. Room in need of refurbishment. Overall experience rather disappointing on this occasion.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am very concerned to read your comments and very sorry for the poor service you received in our Restuarant . Please be assured this is not the high standard of customer service we pride ourselves on here at the Hilton Bracknell. Thank you for bringing your comments to my attention and please be assured I will shared them with the Management team.
Manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I am hilton diamond and service varies throughout the Uk , I hardly ever get upgraded so I stay more with other chains now and this will make me gold , which makes hardly any difference as when you check in some hotels like Bracknell don't even mention it, nor any of the benifits. I was leaving early the following morning so requested a breakfast bag and I asked a couple of times not to forget the receptionist repeated he would not, of course there was no breakfast bag in the morning , along with one of the smallest coldest rooms I have stayed in ,I would not recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a decent service , this is my second time in this hotel and the first time was equally as poor,

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ssx_11
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill
Stirrups Country House Hotel

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!