“Mostly very good but needs an overhaul in places”
Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Glasgow
“Mostly very good but needs an overhaul in places”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I travelled here for 3 nights on business and the hotel for the most part was very good. I'm a Hilton Gold member which was recognised at check-in with a room upgrade, reminder that breakfast and wifi were free and a voucher for a drink at the bar - excellent start.

The corridors to the rooms are really in need of a freshen up, particularly the fire doors. My room itself was also below par for a Deluxe room. The bedroom door didn't lock as the lock didn't line up with the catch in the door, the windows once opened could not be closed properly and the shower didn't drain well at all. The bed was very comfortable and it was clean but like I say they really need brightening up.

The staff are excellent at reception and in the bar/restaurant area - very welcoming, polite and efficient. Food is also good, I had a bar meal the first night which was very nice and breakfast is fantastic with a huge selection on offer. Drinks prices at the bar are very reasonable and the car parking is free.

The attached gym and pool is Livingwell and is very good. Location wise you need a car or taxi's - there is a sainsbury and starbucks opposite but it's not that close to Bracknell or anywhere else really.

I'd probably stay here again if on business but if I was in a standard room and paying for the wifi which is expensive I might have a few grumbles - and please get a refurbishment programme running for the rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the staff which has been shared with them.
Hilton are investing in this property at the moment with a number of projects being carried out, therefore feedback such as this is very important to us.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Turkish first
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

What makes this hotel is the fantastic staff. Everybody we encountered were friendly and very helpful. The reception staff were great and the man dealing with us was lovely with our two children the welcome packs for them was a nice touch.
We used the pool whilst on our stay and it was super . The children had a fun time. We also ate in the hotel and again no complaints great for families offering a separate children`s buffet.
Our room although quite basic and in need of a lick of paint and general up dating especially the bathroom was adequate for our one night stay.
Breakfast was lovely no complaints.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell
Shipley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Difficult to find the entrance, Friendly staff, efficient check in and quick elevators. Our room was very basic for a 4 star hotel and really in need of an upgrade, only one bedside table only one light and nowhere to sit and read a paper or book.Wi-Fi extra and unreasonable, I think it was 20 quid per day!!!. Bathroom small and worn, All just a bit edgy, however the bar and restaraunt staff were attentive and friendly, if in need of a bit more training. The spa facility is clean and fully equiped. our only critisism is that its all just a bit soulless, just another room in just another town in just another average hotel.8/10 Malcolm S Stott

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I have just returned from a Travelzoo two night deal at this hotel with 3 friends. I had read some not very flattering reports on Tripadvisor, and I agree that the rooms are small and could do with freshening up. However ,the warm welcome and the helpfulness of all the staff more than compensated for any shortcomings. We ate in the Larder restaurant both nights and we all enjoyed the food. The breakfast was excellent, with lots of choice on the buffet, and the hot food was hot and the dishes replenished regularly.
There is also a good swimming pool and jacuzzi, and ample free parking.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice recently as local location. First time cold, second time room was too hot. However both times poor sleep quality due to traffic noise. Gym excellent. Breakfast excellent. Bought salad from Sainsbury's as more comfortable option than dinner/bar snacks. Free wifi throughout the hotel should be mandatory.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Launceston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This stay was courtesy of Tesco Clubcard coupons so I didn't expect a top class room and I wasn't disappointed. The room was adequate for a weekend but my husband and I wouldn't have wanted to spend a week's holiday in it. The TV was suffering from technical problems, no BBC1 except for with subtitles nor were several other channels available. This probem was throughout the hotel but nobody seemed in any hurry to fix it. The room was clean as was the bathroom but through the hotel it was the small things that didn't receive attention - hospitality tray in the bedroom wasn't refreshed each day as items were used (although the toiletries in the bathroom were); at breakfast on two mornings there was neither milk nor marmalade on the table and these had to be requested. On the last morning breakfast ended at 10am but at 9.15am the fried eggs had run out and I was told that there wouldn't been any more as the fryer had broken down! I would have expected the member of staff to offer the chef preparing me a fried egg as I wished, not the blanket statement that there wouldn't be any more eggs that day. How can a large frying pan over heat break down? Another gripe is that there wasn't free wifi unless you were in a certain category of room or at a conference. This practice seems to be not just with the Hilton we stayed in but throughout Hilton hotels in the UK. Most hotels now offer free wifi as a matter of course. We would return again for a weekend but if I was paying the full price, I would choose another hotel in Bracknell rather than this one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell feedback such as this is very important to us.
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

1st time I have stayed in this particular hotel. However the room and service was on par with other Hilton hotels that I have stayed in, in the past. Looking at the room I was in and by some of the pictures on this site it looks like some of the repairs that have been done over the years means that the rooms could do with a facelift just to make them look special again.

What has let the experience down for me are the small charges for things like bottled water and the WiFi service. I was almost at gold level on previous stays however all my points have been wiped off so need to save up again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!