“This needs upgrading and staff need to listen to guests and not walk away!!!”
Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on Sunday 1st -Tuesday 3rd December.
Very disappointing and they are wrecking the Hilton Brand Name.
Arrived to room to find the children's bed had not been made, tried phoning reception and got no answer, went down to reception and was advised to make the bed myself, I explained I was not lazy and would have done but there was no bedding for the children in the room!!

We had requested a ground floor room due to my husband having stage 4 cancer and walking distances is a problem, we were told there were no ground floor rooms but he could have first floor near the lifts, we got a 3rd floor room which was 3 corridors and a set of steps away from the lift.

The carpet in the corridors was dirty and the carpet in the lobby area between the wings on the 3rd floor was stinking, smelt like they had tried to wash it and it hadn't dried thoroughly, smelt like bad body odour mixed with a musty stench-very unappealing.

There was a crack and hole in the tiles in the bathroom on the wall and a crack in the tile on the floor, the bath had green scum all round the overflow, the basin tap was hanging off, the shower/bath matt was grubby and the basin plughole was literally that-A Hole! There was no trap in the plug hole and the toothpaste cap ended up going down there!

The sofa bed which obviously didnt belong in that room was away from the wall and blocked the 2nd bedside table meaning that you had to squeeze through a narrow gap to get into bed!

There as a problem with the TV, could not get basic channels such as BBC1, E4, More 4 etc and the picture as very grainy, again all very poor for a 4 star hotel, I have stayed in nicer bed and breakfasts!

I spoke to the receptionist and told her I wasnt happy and it was the worst Hilton I had ever stayed in, the response "I dont usually work in this hotel!!" No offer of help to make amends. It was now approx 10pm and there was mention of changing rooms but my children were already asleep and it would have been unfair to wake them and move them at this stage.

The 4 mini milk cartons lasted for 1 drink so I phoned reception and again after 5 attempts for them to answer I gave up and walked downstairs, the receptionist 'claimed' the phone hadn't rung once!!!!
I was given a handful of milk cartons but seeing as there is a small fridge in the room a small jug of milk would have been easier and more cost effective!

No offer of a room move came the next day.

Breakfast (if you can call it that!)-Eggs neither runny or hard boiled, they were supposed to be nice fried eggs, the mushrooms had been boiled and were tasteless and watery, the bacon was cold the only edible item was the sausage and the toast (however, bread is really thin!).
The staff came to get my uneaten plate of food and asked if everything was ok, I said no and that it was the worst breakfast I had ever tasted and she walked away!!!!

The Wifi was not free, however, I had complained about things and they gave me a password for free wifi, however, the minute you went to a new internet page you had to relog back on-Nightmare!

Used the leisure facilities, the jacuzzi was cold, the swimming pool was warm though but the changing room floor was dirty which put me off putting my feet on the floor when getting changed! Needless to say we didnt go there a second time.

The next morning I had a sausage and scrambled egg hoping it would be better-It Was Not!!!
The sausage tasted off and full of fat and the scrambled egg was rubbery, again I had to settle for toast, the cereal selection was poor for children-rice crispies or cornflakes, coco pops might have been a better option as kids want a choice when on holiday.

A manager in a suit went by our table and asked if everything was ok and I said NO and HE WALKED OFF!!!! Are these people believing that if they ignore negative comments it will improve their hotel and service??? I think NOT.

Probably better going to the Sainsburys and buying your own breakfast, its cheaper and edible!

On checkout there was a large gathering of people in the lobby and the noise was so loud they didn't hear that we needed to get past to get out, it was a health and safety breach as there was no way out in an emergency, as all walkways to the front doors were blocked!!

The receptionist didn't bother to ask if we had enjoyed our stay and I was so tired and fed up I couldn't be bothered to voice my concerns any more only to be IGNORED!!!

For a 4 star hotel this place is a joke you are better off staying in the Premier Inn down the road for a fraction of the price.

I would NEVER stay here again, it needs full upgrading and really is not up to the standard of The Hilton Brand Name, I have stayed in Hiltons throughout the UK and in America and this one really puts them to shame, looks are deceiving as the lobby looks very nice and welcoming, however, my daughter did notice there was no star or fairy on top of the christmas tree, she had probably escaped as couldnt bear to stay there a minute longer!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,160)

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The lobby is beautiful and the service at reception and bar was excellent. The room, however, was tired and drab. The bathroom had some mouldy patches needing attention (no tub in a family room we booked for two parents and a toddler) and the pull-out bed went beyond the normal level of awful one expects and was extraordinarily uncomfortable (one of us parents ended up in it as it kept folding over on the child if she tried to climb out). The in-room food was awful and cold with no children's menu.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay.

I was very sorry to read of your feedback regarding your disappointment with your stay in regards to our bedrooms and the room service food. I have shared your comments with my management team and we are all sorry that we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasion

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I travelled here for 3 nights on business and the hotel for the most part was very good. I'm a Hilton Gold member which was recognised at check-in with a room upgrade, reminder that breakfast and wifi were free and a voucher for a drink at the bar - excellent start.

The corridors to the rooms are really in need of a freshen up, particularly the fire doors. My room itself was also below par for a Deluxe room. The bedroom door didn't lock as the lock didn't line up with the catch in the door, the windows once opened could not be closed properly and the shower didn't drain well at all. The bed was very comfortable and it was clean but like I say they really need brightening up.

The staff are excellent at reception and in the bar/restaurant area - very welcoming, polite and efficient. Food is also good, I had a bar meal the first night which was very nice and breakfast is fantastic with a huge selection on offer. Drinks prices at the bar are very reasonable and the car parking is free.

The attached gym and pool is Livingwell and is very good. Location wise you need a car or taxi's - there is a sainsbury and starbucks opposite but it's not that close to Bracknell or anywhere else really.

I'd probably stay here again if on business but if I was in a standard room and paying for the wifi which is expensive I might have a few grumbles - and please get a refurbishment programme running for the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the staff which has been shared with them.
Hilton are investing in this property at the moment with a number of projects being carried out, therefore feedback such as this is very important to us.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 2 December 2013

What makes this hotel is the fantastic staff. Everybody we encountered were friendly and very helpful. The reception staff were great and the man dealing with us was lovely with our two children the welcome packs for them was a nice touch.
We used the pool whilst on our stay and it was super . The children had a fun time. We also ate in the hotel and again no complaints great for families offering a separate children`s buffet.
Our room although quite basic and in need of a lick of paint and general up dating especially the bathroom was adequate for our one night stay.
Breakfast was lovely no complaints.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Difficult to find the entrance, Friendly staff, efficient check in and quick elevators. Our room was very basic for a 4 star hotel and really in need of an upgrade, only one bedside table only one light and nowhere to sit and read a paper or book.Wi-Fi extra and unreasonable, I think it was 20 quid per day!!!. Bathroom small and worn, All just a bit edgy, however the bar and restaraunt staff were attentive and friendly, if in need of a bit more training. The spa facility is clean and fully equiped. our only critisism is that its all just a bit soulless, just another room in just another town in just another average hotel.8/10 Malcolm S Stott

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I have just returned from a Travelzoo two night deal at this hotel with 3 friends. I had read some not very flattering reports on Tripadvisor, and I agree that the rooms are small and could do with freshening up. However ,the warm welcome and the helpfulness of all the staff more than compensated for any shortcomings. We ate in the Larder restaurant both nights and we all enjoyed the food. The breakfast was excellent, with lots of choice on the buffet, and the hot food was hot and the dishes replenished regularly.
There is also a good swimming pool and jacuzzi, and ample free parking.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here twice recently as local location. First time cold, second time room was too hot. However both times poor sleep quality due to traffic noise. Gym excellent. Breakfast excellent. Bought salad from Sainsbury's as more comfortable option than dinner/bar snacks. Free wifi throughout the hotel should be mandatory.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Grange Bracknell Hotel
#4 of 7 in Bracknell
Stirrups Country House Hotel
Premier Inn Bracknell (Twin Bridges) Hotel

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!