“Blot on the Hilton landscape” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Blot on the Hilton landscape”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

For a Hilton this hotel is shocking and must be a real blot on the Hilton landscape. I had a two night booking for a business trip. The receptionist greeted me with a HiltonHonors gold card holder upgrade. If the room was an upgrade then I wouldn't like to see a standard room - the wardrobe doors were hanging off, the carpets were torn in several places and the bathroom smelled of mould. I tried to find a suitable alternative but everywhere else was already full so I tolerated it for two nights but for sure I won't be back and definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.
Poor show Hilton!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was looking forward to staying here. On arrival the Hilton looks nice and modern, shame its not the same in the rooms.

The Check in was fast. No information was given to us by the receptionist just all she wanted was a swipe and a signature. No conversation didn't even tell us where the room was.

Once finding the room that seemed to be a maze away, walking through a corridor that smelt like damp, the room was large well lit and warm. The bed was of a standard of the Travelodge. no comfortable and made a noise as soon as you sat down on it. We went to turn the tv on and noticed a little note just in front of it telling us that pretty much all the channels didn't work, pretty poor standard for a 4*. The alarm clock/radio thing also didn't want to work continuously switching from AUX, radio and alarm.

As we were busy that night and didn't have time to faff about changing rooms. When we returned we thought about putting on a film, not knowing that it would be a flickering image. On check out we had to wait 20/30 minutes due to having only 2 people on the desk. once we got to the desk the gentleman just kind of waved us off and said 'that's fine weve got your card' no 'how was your stay' or even if we wanted to pay with that card. After telling him about the tv all he replied was 'well you've paid for it' highly unprofessional.

Compared to other Hiltons ive stayed in this has a lack of customer service. Staff just don't seem to care or even want to be there. Seems they value the rewards members more than any other guests that stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Roxanne E

Travellers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have used this hotel numerous times on my regular trips to UK, both as a base in the SE and for being close to Heathrow before a morning flight out. Always get my HHonors recognition, and find the rooms comfortable and well-presented. I generally get a competetive rate by booking in advance through the Hilton website, and have never been dissatisfied with my stay. Love their breakfast buffet. Have used pool a couple of times and found it ok for a quick dip.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Geoff T
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We can't understand the bad reviews for this hotel we had a lovely time with friendly staff and great food ,yes the rooms are a little tired but they seem to be updating and it's all very clean .I would gladly stay stay at this hotel again thanks hilton ..

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your very kind comments and we are delighted to learn that your stay was so enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bracknell again soon
Gosport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We booked the pamper break package for Friday 6th December to celebrate my partners birthday. We arrived a little early and reception had to call and check if our room was ready, we were waiting for 2 minutes when we were offered free drinks for the inconvenience so we enjoyed a glass of wine while we were told our room was ready. The staff fell over backwards to ensure we were happy and the level of service exceeded expectations. The room was lovely with fresh fruit, nuts and a bottle of wine awaiting our arrival. The King size bed was comfortable and bigger than expected. We enjoyed a 25 minute couples back massage in the livingwell health club, the masseurs were professional and friendly and the back massage was 10/10! Afterwards we took a dip in the pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi which were all clean and well looked after. The evening meal included in the package was a beautiful buffet and tasted amazing, we had three courses and were stuffed, again the staff were extremely helpful and the waiter bent over backwards for us. I would highly recommend this package and this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I was delighted to read your feedback regarding the staff which I have shared with them.
I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again to the Hilton Bracknell in the future and thank you once again for your valuable feedback.
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I stay here almost every week on business and after some initial problems things have definitely improved. I now get a lovely recognised welcome, a room upgrade for my Hilton Diamond status and complimentary drinks vouchers and wifi.
The staff are lovely and the food in the restaurant is of a good quality.
I use the gym every time I stay and it is excellent that it is open 24 hours a day.
Keep up the good work.

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response on this website. I was delighted to read you had a great stay. I was also pleased you found all our team members to be very helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Bracknell
Liverpool
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on Sunday 1st -Tuesday 3rd December.
Very disappointing and they are wrecking the Hilton Brand Name.
Arrived to room to find the children's bed had not been made, tried phoning reception and got no answer, went down to reception and was advised to make the bed myself, I explained I was not lazy and would have done but there was no bedding for the children in the room!!

We had requested a ground floor room due to my husband having stage 4 cancer and walking distances is a problem, we were told there were no ground floor rooms but he could have first floor near the lifts, we got a 3rd floor room which was 3 corridors and a set of steps away from the lift.

The carpet in the corridors was dirty and the carpet in the lobby area between the wings on the 3rd floor was stinking, smelt like they had tried to wash it and it hadn't dried thoroughly, smelt like bad body odour mixed with a musty stench-very unappealing.

There was a crack and hole in the tiles in the bathroom on the wall and a crack in the tile on the floor, the bath had green scum all round the overflow, the basin tap was hanging off, the shower/bath matt was grubby and the basin plughole was literally that-A Hole! There was no trap in the plug hole and the toothpaste cap ended up going down there!

The sofa bed which obviously didnt belong in that room was away from the wall and blocked the 2nd bedside table meaning that you had to squeeze through a narrow gap to get into bed!

There as a problem with the TV, could not get basic channels such as BBC1, E4, More 4 etc and the picture as very grainy, again all very poor for a 4 star hotel, I have stayed in nicer bed and breakfasts!

I spoke to the receptionist and told her I wasnt happy and it was the worst Hilton I had ever stayed in, the response "I dont usually work in this hotel!!" No offer of help to make amends. It was now approx 10pm and there was mention of changing rooms but my children were already asleep and it would have been unfair to wake them and move them at this stage.

The 4 mini milk cartons lasted for 1 drink so I phoned reception and again after 5 attempts for them to answer I gave up and walked downstairs, the receptionist 'claimed' the phone hadn't rung once!!!!
I was given a handful of milk cartons but seeing as there is a small fridge in the room a small jug of milk would have been easier and more cost effective!

No offer of a room move came the next day.

Breakfast (if you can call it that!)-Eggs neither runny or hard boiled, they were supposed to be nice fried eggs, the mushrooms had been boiled and were tasteless and watery, the bacon was cold the only edible item was the sausage and the toast (however, bread is really thin!).
The staff came to get my uneaten plate of food and asked if everything was ok, I said no and that it was the worst breakfast I had ever tasted and she walked away!!!!

The Wifi was not free, however, I had complained about things and they gave me a password for free wifi, however, the minute you went to a new internet page you had to relog back on-Nightmare!

Used the leisure facilities, the jacuzzi was cold, the swimming pool was warm though but the changing room floor was dirty which put me off putting my feet on the floor when getting changed! Needless to say we didnt go there a second time.

The next morning I had a sausage and scrambled egg hoping it would be better-It Was Not!!!
The sausage tasted off and full of fat and the scrambled egg was rubbery, again I had to settle for toast, the cereal selection was poor for children-rice crispies or cornflakes, coco pops might have been a better option as kids want a choice when on holiday.

A manager in a suit went by our table and asked if everything was ok and I said NO and HE WALKED OFF!!!! Are these people believing that if they ignore negative comments it will improve their hotel and service??? I think NOT.

Probably better going to the Sainsburys and buying your own breakfast, its cheaper and edible!

On checkout there was a large gathering of people in the lobby and the noise was so loud they didn't hear that we needed to get past to get out, it was a health and safety breach as there was no way out in an emergency, as all walkways to the front doors were blocked!!

The receptionist didn't bother to ask if we had enjoyed our stay and I was so tired and fed up I couldn't be bothered to voice my concerns any more only to be IGNORED!!!

For a 4 star hotel this place is a joke you are better off staying in the Premier Inn down the road for a fraction of the price.

I would NEVER stay here again, it needs full upgrading and really is not up to the standard of The Hilton Brand Name, I have stayed in Hiltons throughout the UK and in America and this one really puts them to shame, looks are deceiving as the lobby looks very nice and welcoming, however, my daughter did notice there was no star or fairy on top of the christmas tree, she had probably escaped as couldnt bear to stay there a minute longer!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill
Stirrups Country House Hotel

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!