“Definitely not a real hilton” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
“Definitely not a real hilton”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Well a very poor experience and remembered why I shouldn't have stayed here as was here 2 years ago and if anything it's worse.

Checkin - Was actually shocked by this, the girl on reception was very quick to get rid of me, I asked if my gold card was on my booking to which she replied yes. I only asked because she never mentioned it, nor did she mention the upgrade I had requested and what had happened to it. The reception is supposed to show off the hotel not be the start of a disappointing stay.

Room - Well what can you say, basic to say the least, 2 single beds pushed together never good. Wallpaper peeling at the bottom, very tired looking room indeed.

Bathroom - Shabby, and really not a nice place to be and have a relaxing bath after a long day in the office.

Bar - Actually the bar area is awful and when people are coming in and out of the hotel gets very cold as it's situated right in reception. I ate a meal in here on my second night and I was freezing. Staff are great but location is terrible.

Restaurant - Actually this is quite good, overpriced for the quality of food but it's not bad, Breakfast is mediocre at best.

Conclusion - Would definitely drive the extra miles and stay in the Hilton in Reading or consider another hotel, I won't be back here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dominic C
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Turkish first
Bredene, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Rooms are small but clean and comfortable bed. Quality of food in restaurant is very poor. Service is okay. Friendly staff. Breakfast is average. Internet is average quality. You receive access code but are regularly disconnected from the internet and have to log in again and again and again. Very ennoying.

2 Thank Jan H
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. I was very sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I have taken your comments on board and please be assured I have shared them with my management team.
leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Unfortunatly the night I stayed in January with my two grown up children was the night of the regular staff Christmas party!!!! Shocking service in the restaurant and generally poor! Hilton is usually so good and we were all really disappointed. Maybe it is usually better than this??

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Helen N
We apologise for the poor standard of service on this occasion but confirm that this was an isolated incident. We can assure you that your recent experience does not represent our usual high standards of customer care and hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Bracknell again soon.

Travellers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Bonn, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed in Hilton Bracknell twice and recently in Jan 2014 when I was there on business.

Good - The check in process was quick. The gym and spa were very well equipped. There were complimentary water and fruits at the desk when I arrived on Sunday night which was good. There is a Sainsburys grocery store and Starbucks coffee just across the road.

Bad - The paid internet connection was unstable and unusable (14.95 GBP per day). The fee was fully waived when I complained at the check out. The TV service was under maintenance, so there was no TV. With no stable internet connection and no TV connection I had to spend my evenings at the gym (which was good) or at the Sainsburys grocery store.
I forgot my trouser and shirt in the room during my visit and I called the hotel after I checked out. The man at the front desk took note of my request and my e-mail address and he said he will e-mail me. After 3 days I did not hear from the hotel and I suspect they forgot. Not the service I was expecting from Hilton.

Room Tip: The beds in single rooms are too narrow and I almost fell down from my bed.
2 Thank NRI2013

Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Spent 2 night as part of a business trip.
Having spent time with Hilton in the past I had come to expect a level of service and quality I did not receive.
I expected the room to be clean and functional, and to be honest it was.However the TV had very poor reception with some channels missing, The wardrobe doors had been removed at sometime in the past dew to damage to the hinge fixings.The steam room was not operational in th health club.
On the second night I returned from a night out with colleges to find the my room had been flooded by a burst pipe in the main riser which flooded part of the ground floor wing.
I had to move rooms at 11:30PM and was informed that if I needed to use the facilities I would have to use the health club on the ground floor as the water had been turned off!
I have since lodged a complaint with the Hilton.
The complaints web site is very hard to navigate and I have had to select a hotel in America and explain in the notes that there is no option to select UK hotels so if you have a problem bite the bullet and complain on site.

2 Thank Andrew J
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had a fabulous visit the spa service is wonderful. All of the staff are very friendly and well trained. We ate in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast both were excellent quality and the service outstanding.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Dawnamor
Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Lobdon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Greeted with old fashioned small room. The tv wasn't working and then worst of all we had no working shower!!!! Only solution offered was to go to the bottom floor to the leisure centre and shower their. No apology or offer of part/refund. Menu was apparently available till 10 but really only parts were available to order.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Wotchadave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill
Stirrups Country House Hotel

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!