“Needs a Face Lift”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Needs a Face Lift”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Read the mixed reviews and wondered what we would find...friendly enough check in and a quick snack in the bar was a good enough start but it ended there.
Ended up in a pokey dark twin bedded room in the middle of a building site despite requesting a double deluxe room. Following complaint we were moved to the said deluxe room on the fourth floor...room was larger and brighter but paintwork, carpets etc all tired and worn and seat cushions missing on the in room sofa. There is also a lingering smell of chlorine drawn through the air con system despite being four floors above the health club.
Needing to work and send reports we were then frustrated by the really bad Wi-Fi which drops in and out and requires re-log in time after time, eventually gave up after ringing down to reception and being told there was no problem with the system.
Not the best of stays and thankfully there for only one night...they are obviously revamping the hotel but it has a long way to go yet!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ExpatKL88
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay.

Hilton are investing in this property at the moment with a number of projects being carried out, therefore feedback such as this is very important to us.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Turkish first
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here as we had a function at the Hilton and had family staying, so even though it is close to home it was a great location for friends and family coming from both the m3 and m4. The function was very well managed and although the quantity of food could have been better the quality was good. We have had a few functions her over the years and the standards are very good and customer service is great.
I have friends who are gym members too and even though I'm personally not a member my friends are very happy with their membership.

• Stayed February 2014
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your kind comments to all of the staff. I do hope it’s not long until we can welcome you back for another relaxing break.
Essex
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The room was excellent, the staff really friendly and helpful. The swimming pool was a great bonus and although the hotel was rather busy with lots going on our room was quiet and we were not disturbed.

The buffet dinner was not great, the children's meal was however a hit. After a long day at Legoland we decided to eat in the hotel so it was a little disappointing. We had a family room and the 3rd bed was a sofa bed. This was rather uncomfortable to sleep on so for two nights we alternated who slept in it.

Overall the experience was a good one, there is a Sainsbury's on the other side of the roundabout which was handy. Would recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay there again. It did not get top marks due to to the uncomfortable bed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind response. We are delighted you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your kind comments to all of our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I stay here at least 20 times a year on business and I'm pleased to say it has become a very pleasant home from home.

The staff know and recognise me and are all very friendly and that makes a real difference when I am away on business so much.

Gym is very good and open 24/7 (key reason for staying). My Diamond Hilton Honours is always recognised and acknowledged with an upgraded room and drinks vouchers etc. The newly refurbished Plaza Wing rooms are lovely, large and very quiet.

Thanks for everything you do.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel through thorpe park website, I love hilton hotels anyways and I knew this wasn't going to be a let down, easy check in lovely spacious very clean and modern rooms, the staff are really friendly and seem to love there job! I would definitely return and recommend to people had a great stay here and the breakfast is a lot to chose from! thumbs up! :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Totnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Allocated our first room which was 411 and it has carpet moths, You could see the carpet had been eaten away at. At first i thought it was a but on closer inspection you could see live moths. We were quickly moved to 453, again not happy with this room i thought they would try and redeem themselves but no. Put us next to a fire exit that looked like it has next been cleaned with debris in the way. Also our view from our room was over looking the roof. We stayed put as my colleague did not want the embarrassment.
I am a hilton honors member and generally stay loyal to the hilton group, just because i know what i am getting, as it was a business trip i stayed put if i had been with the kids i would have not stayed in this hotel. AAron the receptionist was your only good point, and the breakfast was good and the service was also good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank barnicleLondon

Travellers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Seattle
Reviewed 28 April 2014

First of all, I was dreading booking this hotel based on all the mixed responses. However, I found that this Hilton property meets most of my expectations for Hilton stays. This hotel is going through renovation - I received one of the renovated room, clean and nicely painted. The bed and pillows are comfortable and the towels were big and pretty fluffy. They have a nice gym facility that has a dry and steam sauna available. Nice walking trail to the Sainsbury which is about a 5 minute walk away - great to get some snacks and put it in my in-room fridge. The staff was helpful and friendly. No complaints there. Is this a 5 star hotel? No, but I did not expect it to be.

Room Tip: I did not experience the breakfast - not much of a English breakfast person - just got food from the...