Hilton Bracknell
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
2,185 results
All reviewslarder restaurantbubble poolthorpe parkspa breakactivity packsofa bedfamily roomleisure facilitiesbreakfast was excellentlots of choiceevening mealbuffet stylelegoland packagevisiting legolandlego landsteam roomminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here for 4 nights for business and I thoroughly recommend you ask on arrival for a room that faces away from the A322 outside as it's busy from 5 am onwards. Queuing starts around 7am. The 70's (?) double glazing does little to block the incessant noise.
Other than that the facilities are good despite the fact that they are in some parts a little dated.
However, the prices of bar / restaurant food is extremely high. £14 for burger and chips or £16 for veggie stirfry!
Staff are friendly and helpful, but unable to cope with weekend busy trips. On the Saturday there was a 10 min queue to get in to breakfast.
Overall there's too many negatives to outweigh the positives.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Bracknell for one night as part of a Legoland holiday in May 2014. We were all excited (this was our 'holiday' for the year) and looking forward to staying somewhere 'nice'... A "Hilton" no less! Unfortunately, we were rather disappointed by our entire stay. We thought that a Hilton was a quality hotel, but I honestly did not get that feel at all. We have had far better stays at a Premier Inn.

On arrival, there was no children's check-in (we had told our children about them), which was our first disappointment. Next, we went to our quad/family room, to discover it was actually a double room with two double beds in it! It was literally just beds, with no room to swing a cat, let alone contain two excitable young children. The swimming/spa area was okay, although it could have done with a clean. On to dinner: our children are 7 and 4 years old, so staying up late and going 'out' for dinner are two very exciting things. We all got dressed up and went to the Hilton restaurant... We opted for the buffet, thinking it would be quicker for the children, but we so wished we hadn't. The children ended up with a strange concoction of food because there really wasn't much to make an actual proper meal with. It was a very odd selection! Plus, some of it had clearly been sitting out for a while (the wraps were dry, for example). The adult buffet was not any better; we opted for the curry (the lamb looked dry and the sauce oily), but the condiments (which were billed to be there) were missing. Pudding was equally as unpleasant. I've never seen my husband leave 'trifle' before. My cheese was rubbery too... One of the waiting staff was lovely, but the others really didn't seem like they wanted to be there, and the buffet option seemed to be sold as a quicker way of getting people in and out again. My husband put down his knife and fork and, immediately, someone came over to take his plate away: The rest of us were still eating though. I cannot help but think this was so that he didn't go back for seconds (trust me, you wouldn't want to), but this was the height of rudeness and something we wouldn't do at home. We teach our children to wait until everyone has finished, and that plates are cleared at the end of a meal, not just when one person has finished. He did explain this to the waiting staff who came over, but she seemed intent on taking it and was taken aback when he asked her to wait until we were all finished.

In the room, bottled water is left, but at a ridiculous price (£4.75!!! You can buy wine for not much more than that!!!!); thankfully, I had some in the car. It's little things like that that really wind you up when you're travelling with a family. My daughter only wanted a small glass!

The 'Wii' room was locked and we were not given any indication as to how to get to it/in it. Thankfully, the children had forgotten about it and were too excited to return to Legoland to care, but, again, the advertised amenities were not available to us.

Thankfully, breakfast was better, and much more what we were expecting, but it didn't vary from what we have had before at the aforementioned Premier Inn. We won't look to book a Hilton again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

the road noise from the rooms is not good even though we were on the fourth floor - everything else in the hotel is fine - the pool sauna a steam are an added bonus - nice staff in the bar although a little pricey fro some drinks - location good for south hill park conference centre

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Nicola M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here 2 nights to go to Legoland, it was May 2014 & out of season so the hotel was quiet. Quick & efficient check in, but when we went to our room we found that there was just a double bed, whereas we had booked a family room that slept 2 adults & 2 children. It wasn't a problem, the welcoming staff gave us another room & dealt with the issue efficiently. The room was good, comfortable & we appreciated the air con & the bath seemed to fill in 10 seconds flat due to the water pressure like a waterfall! We ate in the restaurant one night, also had breakfast there & the staff are unfailingly professional & engaged the children. Lovely breakfast buffet, We would come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Check in was speedy and friendly , room was adequate. The jewel was the great breakfast the next morning ......and the the weekend came. CHAOS! The hotel was so busy that most of the bar and lounge was an extended breakfast area - the buffet now resembled a food riot.
Then , on Saturday my room was not serviced even though I had removed my 'do not disturb' sign(there was no 'please make up room').
Nope, you can keep your hotel , I'm going to a B&B next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.