Sorry to report my worst Hotel experience.
Booked this hotel as part of a LEGOLAND resorts package deal.
On arrival at the hotel I was happy to hear that my family of 4 had been allocated a newly refurbished room.
Initially the décor looked fresh and modern as described on check in but noticed straight away that the room was very hot and uncomfortable.
At this point multiple issues with the room unfolded
1) Air Conditioning was not working (I managed to fix this myself at 11pm - silver power switch on wall next to unit - switch off & on and then press the power button on the wall terminal)
2) Window opened and fell into the room (Great feeling when I had 2 kids in the room)
3) Ventilation in the bathroom blocked (Also fixed this myself by unscrewing the central cone of the vent until you feel air flowing out of vent, Helps cool the room down)
4) Shower Base cracked and plug hole broken.(Beware of kids feet when in shower)
Issues all reported to reception however little could be done due to the time at night of arrival.
Hotel should check that rooms are completed to a good standard after a re-fit
Next Issue related to the "Kids Eat Free Deal"
Adults eat from a set menu at £23.50 a head with 15% discount on meals & drinks
Dinner ultimately cost £50, for 2 Adults & 2 Children - Not much of a deal
Positive note - Food & choice was really good!
Did go to a local Brewer Fayre the following night - £34 meal for 2 Adults & 2 Children
Final Issue relates to the family annex on the 4th floor and ignorant & selfish guests that turned the floor into a zoo on the second night.
2 particular families sharing opposite room had no consideration for anyone else and were allowing the kids to run about the floor and waking up my kids.
Issue reported to reception with no action taken. Unfortunately I had to confront the family on my which did result in a reduction of the noise levels which increased when the husbands & wife's took shifts to go for a cigarette / drinks until about 12:30am.
Discussed this with the receptionist in the morning and he admitted that it was difficult to control people that had no respect for others - Fair point but we had to suffer!!!!
Letter of complaint will also follow to LEGOLAND resorts - Just not good enough!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Bracknell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bracknell Hotel Bracknell
- Hilton International Bracknell
- Bracknell Hilton International
- Hilton Bracknell Berkshire