“Very Disappointed - LegoLand Resorts Package”
Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Sorry to report my worst Hotel experience.
Booked this hotel as part of a LEGOLAND resorts package deal.

On arrival at the hotel I was happy to hear that my family of 4 had been allocated a newly refurbished room.

Initially the décor looked fresh and modern as described on check in but noticed straight away that the room was very hot and uncomfortable.
At this point multiple issues with the room unfolded
1) Air Conditioning was not working (I managed to fix this myself at 11pm - silver power switch on wall next to unit - switch off & on and then press the power button on the wall terminal)

2) Window opened and fell into the room (Great feeling when I had 2 kids in the room)

3) Ventilation in the bathroom blocked (Also fixed this myself by unscrewing the central cone of the vent until you feel air flowing out of vent, Helps cool the room down)

4) Shower Base cracked and plug hole broken.(Beware of kids feet when in shower)

Issues all reported to reception however little could be done due to the time at night of arrival.
Hotel should check that rooms are completed to a good standard after a re-fit

Next Issue related to the "Kids Eat Free Deal"
Adults eat from a set menu at £23.50 a head with 15% discount on meals & drinks
Dinner ultimately cost £50, for 2 Adults & 2 Children - Not much of a deal
Positive note - Food & choice was really good!
Did go to a local Brewer Fayre the following night - £34 meal for 2 Adults & 2 Children

Final Issue relates to the family annex on the 4th floor and ignorant & selfish guests that turned the floor into a zoo on the second night.
2 particular families sharing opposite room had no consideration for anyone else and were allowing the kids to run about the floor and waking up my kids.
Issue reported to reception with no action taken. Unfortunately I had to confront the family on my which did result in a reduction of the noise levels which increased when the husbands & wife's took shifts to go for a cigarette / drinks until about 12:30am.
Discussed this with the receptionist in the morning and he admitted that it was difficult to control people that had no respect for others - Fair point but we had to suffer!!!!

Letter of complaint will also follow to LEGOLAND resorts - Just not good enough!

Room Tip: Avoid the family annex on the 4th Floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nauld22
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. I was very sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I have taken your comments on board and please be assured I have shared them with my management team.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Arrived to find our room not yet serviced but were immediately offered a room in which to change. Thoughtful manager looked again at the computer and suggested if we accepted a smaller room we could have that straight away. Sometimes Less is More!!! Good thinking so we got changed and thanks to the great taxi booking system we were soon enjoying champagne and strawberries on Ladies day at Ascot. On our return we changed and thanks to a special screen at the Hotel we were able to enjoy larger and hamburgers whilst watching England's` pathetic attempt at playing football, but enjoyable thanks to good company and helpful staff.
A great day so thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed for one night as part of a two day Legoland break booked through Legoland Holidays. My daughter phoned the week before to check that a cot would be available for my granddaughter but was told that there was no record of a booking. Having contacted Legoland Holidays she was assured that a booking had been made and that this was a common problem and she would contact the hotel immediately. This was done and all was sorted. On arriving at the hotel we were informed that they were a bit behind with the housekeeping as it was the end of Ascot week and guests had been late checking out, we were therefore being given a different room. Our family room was very pleasant and clean with 2 double beds and a very large bathroom but no cot. After enquiring a rather rickety travel cot was brought and after some furniture rearrangement was squeezed into a corner of the room. The room by this time was very full of beds with hardly any floor space but for one night was adequate. Beds were very comfortable and towels huge and fluffy.We did not eat at the hotel as the restaurant was not open early enough for the children so we headed for the Harvester just down the road which proved to be very pleasant and child friendly and exceptionally good value. The prices in the hotel bar seemed very expensive although cannot comment on the prices for food as did not see any. Breakfast was very good with a huge choice of hot and cold food attractively presented. Lots of variety and very pleasant staff. Reception staff were all very helpful and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again on any future trips but would make sure beforehand that booking was confirmed! Would not buy drinks at the bar!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The room was very hot with no air conditioning. I understand that work needs to be completed but to start so early with drilling and hammering, really! We had food in the Larder , buffet last night and breakfast this morning, all very average with bland food and no vegetables available. All fruit was gone at breakfast .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked this hotel for Royal Ascot and had a lovely stay. The hotel is in a perfect location for ascot, heathrow airport and legoland.
Very clean and are in the middle of doing some of their rooms up - not that we noticed much working round the hotel being done which was nice. Beds were very comfortable !
Had a facial which was lovely and used the gym which was very good. We stayed on the 4th floor rooms and had a bit if trouble with the air con but had 2 fans which were fine. Lovely food ( especially breakfast! ) and lovely attentive staff! Especially Louise on reception - very lovely!
Overall perfect for what we wanted !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here recently while on a 2 day coach trip to the Chelsea Flower Shoe & Kew Gardens.
On the positive side the room was very comfortable and clean and the breakfast was plentiful and well presented. The dining room staff and reception staff were friendly and helpful.
However on the negative side the bar prices were outrageous; ordered a large Bacardi & coke and a coffee with cold milk on the side, having only one pair of hands I took my bacardi and my husband's coffee to our table and returned for the rest of the coke and the milk, to find them no longer where I had left them! I told the bar staff who looked at me blankly and asked if I wanted MORE milk, I explained that I hadn't had the first lot yet and 'where is my cola'? I was grudgingly given a smaller container of milk and no cola - having been charged £3.10 for a 300ml bottle (I could purcase 3litres at a supermarket for less) I was not impressed. If I had used the bottle of water in my room I would have been charged £3.95! The hotel appeared to be full and next morning at breakfast the queues were horrendous and some people ended up sitting in the reception area to eat their breakfast.
Definitely wouldn't stya there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Recently I stayed at this Hotel with my family at a family guest room. Thanks for the staff, they are so helpful. But the rooms and the environment not recommendable. Noise from the adjoin road can hear inside! Break fast as usual real hilton quality. Overall if some refurbishments done, will be a great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Prem K

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the staff which has been shared with them.

Hilton are investing in this property at the moment with a number of projects being carried out, therefore feedback such as this is very important to us.

We do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
#7 of 7 in Bracknell
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!