“Positives and a few niggly negatives but generally very good.”
Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Reading the reviews before I stayed on Sat 5th July, in room 354, I had the impression that this Hotel, The Hilton Bracknell, was generally well respected however niggles existed, check in was quick, thanks to being done via our tour rep, where she handed out the key cards etc, very few hotels have done this in the past and to me it highlights good organisation, within 10 mins a whole coach load were heading towards their room, while the reception staff were able to carry on doing their usual business, our room was quite a hike away as it is a big hotel, all the reviews I've read; both good and bad, do have substance, clearly they are doing up the rooms so you may get a up to date room or one in need of attention, our room was a good size and well laid out, the queen sized bed was the firmest I've slept on, but it was comfortable, there were four poxy but plush pillows which only covered half the bed, the room was hot and with no air con, I was glad to find the well used electric fan in the bottom of the ward robe, which did help, a bit, after I'd repaired it, there is a big window but with a busy dual carriageway a stones throw away it gets very noisy, especially when boy racers scream past in their 1.2 powered micro car with a loud look at me exhaust, the flat screen tv is huge but the picture quality was very poor, electric sockets were hit or miss, the chair would’nt fit under the desk/unit and as a result got in the way, the temporary basin plug didn’t fit properly and the shower curtain is useless, as mentioned elsewhere in other reviews some rooms do need an overhaul, that said it's only minor gripes, the air con does however needs addressing, resolve that and they'll get a lot more happy guests, the restaurant is big and when you stumble across the rest of the available selection the choice of food is very good, and I'm pleased to report that they do know what a “proper” continental breakfast should comprise, take note crappy breakfast hotels, however I would like to see a sign indicating the location of the cooked breakfast etc, as myself and many stumbled across it, it isn't very obvious, staff were very friendly throughout our stay which was relaxed and enjoyable, and I have to say having stayed in different hotels during the last 8 years with Newmarket Holiday's, The Hilton Bracknell is one of very few I'd happily return to, especially once all the rooms have been sorted.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell

There are newer reviews for Hilton Bracknell

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was pretty disappointed with the standard of this Hilton. The lobby was nice and welcoming, but the rooms were a massive let down.
My room felt very dated, the furniture was scuffed, there were marks on the wall and it was very small - not the sort of standard I'd expect from a Hilton.
The reception on the TV was awful - and there were only a handful of channels available.
Also, the room was very hot, the window was locked shut and there was no air conditioning.
And, I know this is a Hilton-wide policy, but £14 for 24 hours of internet is outrageous!
On a positive note, the bed was very comfortable and the shower was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NJ26

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. I was very sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I have taken your comments on board and please be assured I have shared them with my management team.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here with my sister for a weekend visit to Thorpe Park. Check in was quick and our room was in the 3rd floor. The room was large with a big king sized bed with a big bathroom, featuring a bath and a walk in shower. Our room was also quiet at night which guaranteed a good sleep.

The hotel is close to a Harvester restaurant, so we went there for our evening meal. Breakfast the next day at the hotel was great with so much choice. There is a buffet with hot English Breakfast items, pastries, fruit and yoghurts with juices, tea and coffee.

We felt that this hotel was brilliant value for money and would definitely stay here whenever visiting Thorpe Park again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 July 2014

As a seasoned Hilton guest, I must say I do actually like this hotel. It does seem a little tired and the rooms a bit small, food and the restaurant are good though, also with a large Sainsbury's and Starbucks next door.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is ok but some noise from kids rooms above.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your very kind comments and we are delighted to learn that your stay was so enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bracknell again soon

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Sorry to report my worst Hotel experience.
Booked this hotel as part of a LEGOLAND resorts package deal.

On arrival at the hotel I was happy to hear that my family of 4 had been allocated a newly refurbished room.

Initially the décor looked fresh and modern as described on check in but noticed straight away that the room was very hot and uncomfortable.
At this point multiple issues with the room unfolded
1) Air Conditioning was not working (I managed to fix this myself at 11pm - silver power switch on wall next to unit - switch off & on and then press the power button on the wall terminal)

2) Window opened and fell into the room (Great feeling when I had 2 kids in the room)

3) Ventilation in the bathroom blocked (Also fixed this myself by unscrewing the central cone of the vent until you feel air flowing out of vent, Helps cool the room down)

4) Shower Base cracked and plug hole broken.(Beware of kids feet when in shower)

Issues all reported to reception however little could be done due to the time at night of arrival.
Hotel should check that rooms are completed to a good standard after a re-fit

Next Issue related to the "Kids Eat Free Deal"
Adults eat from a set menu at £23.50 a head with 15% discount on meals & drinks
Dinner ultimately cost £50, for 2 Adults & 2 Children - Not much of a deal
Positive note - Food & choice was really good!
Did go to a local Brewer Fayre the following night - £34 meal for 2 Adults & 2 Children

Final Issue relates to the family annex on the 4th floor and ignorant & selfish guests that turned the floor into a zoo on the second night.
2 particular families sharing opposite room had no consideration for anyone else and were allowing the kids to run about the floor and waking up my kids.
Issue reported to reception with no action taken. Unfortunately I had to confront the family on my which did result in a reduction of the noise levels which increased when the husbands & wife's took shifts to go for a cigarette / drinks until about 12:30am.
Discussed this with the receptionist in the morning and he admitted that it was difficult to control people that had no respect for others - Fair point but we had to suffer!!!!

Letter of complaint will also follow to LEGOLAND resorts - Just not good enough!

Room Tip: Avoid the family annex on the 4th Floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nauld22
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Arrived to find our room not yet serviced but were immediately offered a room in which to change. Thoughtful manager looked again at the computer and suggested if we accepted a smaller room we could have that straight away. Sometimes Less is More!!! Good thinking so we got changed and thanks to the great taxi booking system we were soon enjoying champagne and strawberries on Ladies day at Ascot. On our return we changed and thanks to a special screen at the Hotel we were able to enjoy larger and hamburgers whilst watching England's` pathetic attempt at playing football, but enjoyable thanks to good company and helpful staff.
A great day so thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed for one night as part of a two day Legoland break booked through Legoland Holidays. My daughter phoned the week before to check that a cot would be available for my granddaughter but was told that there was no record of a booking. Having contacted Legoland Holidays she was assured that a booking had been made and that this was a common problem and she would contact the hotel immediately. This was done and all was sorted. On arriving at the hotel we were informed that they were a bit behind with the housekeeping as it was the end of Ascot week and guests had been late checking out, we were therefore being given a different room. Our family room was very pleasant and clean with 2 double beds and a very large bathroom but no cot. After enquiring a rather rickety travel cot was brought and after some furniture rearrangement was squeezed into a corner of the room. The room by this time was very full of beds with hardly any floor space but for one night was adequate. Beds were very comfortable and towels huge and fluffy.We did not eat at the hotel as the restaurant was not open early enough for the children so we headed for the Harvester just down the road which proved to be very pleasant and child friendly and exceptionally good value. The prices in the hotel bar seemed very expensive although cannot comment on the prices for food as did not see any. Breakfast was very good with a huge choice of hot and cold food attractively presented. Lots of variety and very pleasant staff. Reception staff were all very helpful and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again on any future trips but would make sure beforehand that booking was confirmed! Would not buy drinks at the bar!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
#7 of 7 in Bracknell
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!