“"Beds" in our room were shockingly uncomfortable - slabs would be a better description”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Essex, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Would rather stay in a premier inn than ever revisit this Hilton.
No air conditioning and could not open windows and we were have 25-28 degree sunshine days.
We arrived at 11pm with my 4 yr old after a 4 hour car journey which should have taken 90 mins (not the hotels fault of course) but sofa bed not made up so had to wait 20 mins for sheets etc. We were not given a duvet cover but was then so late didn't bother calling reception.
I cannot believe anyone is expected to sleep on either of the beds in the room. The main kingsize bed was like a brick and didn't even indent when we sat on it. And the pull out sofa bed was shocking. Premier inn family rooms are far far better - although the child's bed pulls put from under the main bed they at least have proper mattress and bed linen. The "duvet" and "pillow" - loose terms for the items provided- were stuffed into the base of the foldaway bed - I've seen thicker sheets of paper.
Nothing comfy about this room at all and had a sleep guarantee been offered I would have insisted.
Two plus points: bathroom was huge with a separate shower and bath. And breakfast was good.
Still - would rather a comfy bed over everything else.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank J J
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay.

I was very sorry to read of your feedback regarding your disappointment with your stay in regards to our bedrooms. I have shared your comments with my management team and we are all sorry that we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Turkish first
coventry uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was my first visit to the Hilton chain, when paying premium I have stayed at Radissions or Crowne Plaza.

I was not impressed. First of all they asked for a card so we could use Room service etc, however they charged £50 up front. I have never encountered this in any hotel previously.

The room was very small and very dated. The bathroom and bath in particular had seen better days.

The television only had 20 channels, far less than Freeview and most of them had no reception. The picture we did get was very poor and the screen was zoomed in. No amount of tinkering on the remote could reverse it. Virtually unwatchable. The water which I was told by reception would be complimentary was actually £3.95!!

The cooked breakfast was a rip off, £20 and the wifi was a ludicrous £14.99 for 24 hrs.

On the positive side, the location is good, next to a sainsburys and petrol station. A cinema and strip mall are also close by. My stay was on a 30 degree day, so the air conditioning in the room did come in handy and the room was quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank couchguru
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell feedback such as this is very important to us.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I love the atmosphere and the staff were lovely. Didn't stay here but had some food and it was nice. Then food wasn't too pricey at all, well probably cos we only had brunch. Not sure with the mains though. Will try to come and stay here next time though as it looks so inviting.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 21 July 2014

Thank you for visiting the Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Warsaw, Poland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This Hilton is really poor. If you're unlucky and you'll get one of the rooms before refurbishing, it's really disaster. They are not only old, but dirty as well. I got one of the refurbished rooms (#313), but it was tiny as in 2* hotel.

There is also a swimming pool and sauna, but showers and changing rooms are really dirty and need renovation.

TV offers only 20 channels, but you can't watch half of them, such weak is a signal.

A weak point of this hotel is its staff. They don't react for your needs. I've asked for adapter to UK sockets on arrival: "sorry, we don't have any, but there is supermarket around where you can buy". They should never run out of those, especially that if you don't return it, they bill it to you with nice margin. Also asked for umbrella on a rainy day - once again they don't have any.

There are long queues to enter breakfast in the morning, but always only one person to guide you to the table. If staff sees it, they could stop for a moment cleaning etc. and focus on people waiting. Not too many healthy options for breakfast - sometimes there is a salmon, but not always. Once in a week there were no yoghurts, as they” haven't managed to deliver them on time”.

Room Tip: Ask for refurbished room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. I was very sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I have taken your comments on board and please be assured I have shared them with my management team.

Travellers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The room was to a good standard as always I find with hiltons. The breakfast was yummy also. But the best thing was the main restaurant. Service was faultless, and the food amazing. We ate quite late and there was a buffet available we we were quite content with as it was tasty but the waitress said that as there wasn't any fresh stuff out they would either knock 75% off the bill or we could order from the main menu with 50% off! So we chose fillet steak from the main menu and my god it was heavenly! The chef cooked it to perfection and the cut was beautiful. I would go back just for the food!!!!

All in all we had a fab time and like always, the staff were kind and attentive, would definitely stay there again if we came back over that way.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Northwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed here on several occasions for business reasons. I prefer a few bullet points when reading a review so here are mine:

PRO's
- It's a Hilton - you know what you're getting!
- Reasonable food
- Service adequate to good
- Rooms are clean and above average
- Facilities are good at this hotel though room service ends fairly early in my opinion
- Breakfast is comprehensive
- Free wifi if you ask nicely - just be NICE!

CONS
-------
- It's a little tired now but they are refurbishing some rooms so that's a good thing
- Wine is too expensive and wine is important to me ;-) £30 for a bottle of wine that costs £8 in Tesco? Taking the mick a little I think.
- Water pressure lacking in some rooms
- Funny smell in some corridors on 1st/2nd floor
- Breakfast while comprehensive is low quality - eggs and bacon swimming in grease - this is easily rectified with a little care

Overall the hotel deserves it's 'average' review. I have stayed several times and the average cost including breakfast is around £150 per night. For that money I would expect to give a "good" 4 star review, NOT a 3 star review

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell
Kronberg, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Rooms between 200-250 GBP - half the price would be OK - not more. Furniture is very old, water pressure in the room was suboptimal. Quality of Food (breakfast) was below average. Service was OK and my complaints had been taken serious, whereas there are things like water pressure could only be changed by a complete refurbish.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Stefan J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Premier Inn Bracknell Central Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!