“Much Improved”
Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel in the past, every Farnborough Air Show, and the last time the hotel rooms and decor was tired. They have mostly completed a complete refresh and the improvement is great. The hotel has friendly and helpfull staff and good amenities. Location is superb with easy access to all the major nearby towns and attractions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell

Write a ReviewReviews (2,146)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Good:
* Newly renovated room.
* Cool aircon (it was 27C outside and 21C inside).
* Pool, Sauna & Steam room.
* Buffet meals
* Car parking.
* Good value for B&B.

Not so good:
* Beds were on wheels, so moved when you moved in the night, or when you tried to lean against headboard to watch tv - surely they should have a lock?
* TV picture was awful + no ITV or C4
* Bar prices high.
* No extra pillows in room.
* Tried to charge me for an extra meal. Surely 2 people for 2 nights aren't going to eat FIVE buffet meals - apply some common sense checking bill ??

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the staff which has been shared with them.
Hilton are investing in this property at the moment with a number of projects being carried out, therefore feedback such as this is very important to us.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Booked this hotel through the Legoland website with 2 day entry to the Park. Crazy as it seems it was cheaper doing it that way rather than booking hotel & attraction seperately!!
We had room & breakfast for 2 nights, 2 adult & 2 teenagers in a quad room. Absoutely perfect. We spent the day in Legoland on the Saturday & arrived at the Hotel about 1700 hrs. Check in quick & easy, reception staff very pleasant. Unpacked & hit the pool - nice size & just the right temperature having walked around all day in the blazing sunshine, steam room, sauna & bubble bath. We didn't eat in the hotel for our evening meals. Our room was a good size & nice & clean, I think we had a refurbished room. Fridge, safe & tea/coffee making facilities. No bath, but amazing shower. 2 king sized beds, very comfy & we all slept well. Apart from the fire alarm waking us up at 04.30hrs on the Sunday morning, so we duly evacuated down to the fire point in the car park, in reality only about 1/4 of the hotel bothered! False alarm as the fire panel had a fault on it. I personally didn't have an issue standing in the car park in my nightie for several reasons: these things happen, we know the alarm works & I would rather have the inconvinence of that as opposed to being burnt to a crisp in my bed! Breakfast on both mornings was lovely, plentiful & freshly cooked. Sunday morning the restaurant was packed & we did have to wait for a few minutes for a table to become free, but they do warn you about the busy meal times.
It wasn't the best Hilton I have stayed in, but it was clean & central in location for the plans we had for the weekend - with the added bonus of visting Legoland! All staff were friendly. I would say the only moan I do have is the fact that there were only 4 pots of milk on our drinks tray. I had to ring down to reception a couple of times during our stay for more milk, which was bought up within a reasonable time frame. Yes I know I could have bought my own fresh milk & placed in the fridge in the room.
Yes we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The employees are Hilton, but the hotel itself is a run-down disappointment. There are other very nice hotels in the area for the same price range, especially in Windsor. I would not suggest you stay at this location unless there are no other options available. When comparing think 2 stars at best. In 5 days they never got the internet properly working either.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Reese J

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay.
I was very sorry to read of your feedback regarding your disappointment with your stay in regards to our bedrooms and the food in the restaurant I have shared your comments with my management team and we are all sorry that we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasion

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here one night with my disabled son. I did not book an accessible room but when I arrived and they saw my son in a wheelchair, the young man Aiden did everything he could to get me a suitable room as I also need twin beds. We ended up in an accessible room with a double bed and they added a put you up bed which was perfect. Thy also said I could have breakfast in my room with no tray charge but we decided to go to the restaurant for breakfast which was lovely everything you could want and again staff very attentive. So thank you Aiden and the Hilton would definitely go back again. Ideal for Legoland and Farnborough Airshow.

Room Tip: Certainly for disabled guesys nothing seemed too much trouble. Overheard another guest booking in wi...

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

First visit to one of the hilton chain and Well where to start. The interior of the hotel corridors and rooms have not been refurbished. Loose wires damp smell damaged ceiling tiles broken and mouldy bathroom fixtures.
If you leave the safety of the hotel be back before dark as the car park and entrance has gangs of teenagers smoking, drinking and being abusive. If there not yelling what the F you looking at!! they are looking through car windows. But the staff are too scared to sort the problem. Or simply don't care. Then to top off my stay a fire drill at 0430 caused by a fault on the alarm panel. When I asked if it had been fixed and checked a stern member of staff said it's not your concern we will sort it out. So how do I sleep knowing that because the alarm kept tripping they turned it off.
All in all disgusting trip and very over priced will not return

Stayed: July 2014

At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Would rather stay in a premier inn than ever revisit this Hilton.
No air conditioning and could not open windows and we were have 25-28 degree sunshine days.
We arrived at 11pm with my 4 yr old after a 4 hour car journey which should have taken 90 mins (not the hotels fault of course) but sofa bed not made up so had to wait 20 mins for sheets etc. We were not given a duvet cover but was then so late didn't bother calling reception.
I cannot believe anyone is expected to sleep on either of the beds in the room. The main kingsize bed was like a brick and didn't even indent when we sat on it. And the pull out sofa bed was shocking. Premier inn family rooms are far far better - although the child's bed pulls put from under the main bed they at least have proper mattress and bed linen. The "duvet" and "pillow" - loose terms for the items provided- were stuffed into the base of the foldaway bed - I've seen thicker sheets of paper.
Nothing comfy about this room at all and had a sleep guarantee been offered I would have insisted.
Two plus points: bathroom was huge with a separate shower and bath. And breakfast was good.
Still - would rather a comfy bed over everything else.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank J J

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay.

I was very sorry to read of your feedback regarding your disappointment with your stay in regards to our bedrooms. I have shared your comments with my management team and we are all sorry that we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasion

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Coppid Beech Hotel
#7 of 7 in Bracknell
Travelodge Bracknell Central
Stirrups Country House Hotel

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!