I recently stayed two nights at the Hilton Bracknell, it was a terrible experience! We had a late hotel arrival (at 23:00), so we were tired after a long drive to the hotel. We checked-in and went to our first room, when we tried to close the curtains we discovered one curtain was hanging off the rail. So we were moved to a second room, but the bed was a small double, despite my reservation was for a normal double bed. Each time I tried to contact Front Desk via the phone, no one answered it was pointless, and each time I ended up going downstairs to resolve the issues.
The third room was the final nail in the coffin, despite being a larger room than my original booking, this room was a disappointment for the following reasons:
• The TV signal in the room was terrible, on different channels you could hardly see anything. It was looked at by hotel staff, but apparently nothing could be done!
• To compensate us for the poor TV signal the hotel gave “free” access to Wi-Fi, which otherwise we would have to pay £14 a day, which is daylight robbery! The connection was terrible, it kept dropping out.
• At night while sleeping I discovered that the room was next to what I think is boiler system, I couldn't sleep due to the noises it made throughout the night.
• Also the room was next to a hallway door, which banged loudly as people walked through the doors early in the morning!
The only good points about this hotel were:
• The hotel restaurant, the morning breakfast was lovely with attentive staff.
• The gym facilities, swimming pool, sauna and steam room (there was a Jacuzzi, but the water was cold and not relaxing, this was a minor thing).
My boyfriend wanted to complain to the hotel staff about the third room, but I talked him out of it. I truly felt that the staff could care less if we had a good stay. I didn't want any more stress, I recently suffered a bereavement resulting with sleeping problem and anxiety. The whole point of staying at this hotel was to get some relaxation and catch-up on desperately needed sleep. Maybe this was a one off, and it was just my experience. However, this hotel was a complete waste of time and money, there was one problem after another, I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Bracknell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bracknell Hotel Bracknell
- Hilton International Bracknell
- Bracknell Hilton International
- Hilton Bracknell Berkshire