“Worse hotel stay, could not get any sleep!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
London, United Kingdom
“Worse hotel stay, could not get any sleep!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I recently stayed two nights at the Hilton Bracknell, it was a terrible experience! We had a late hotel arrival (at 23:00), so we were tired after a long drive to the hotel. We checked-in and went to our first room, when we tried to close the curtains we discovered one curtain was hanging off the rail. So we were moved to a second room, but the bed was a small double, despite my reservation was for a normal double bed. Each time I tried to contact Front Desk via the phone, no one answered it was pointless, and each time I ended up going downstairs to resolve the issues.

The third room was the final nail in the coffin, despite being a larger room than my original booking, this room was a disappointment for the following reasons:

• The TV signal in the room was terrible, on different channels you could hardly see anything. It was looked at by hotel staff, but apparently nothing could be done!

• To compensate us for the poor TV signal the hotel gave “free” access to Wi-Fi, which otherwise we would have to pay £14 a day, which is daylight robbery! The connection was terrible, it kept dropping out.

• At night while sleeping I discovered that the room was next to what I think is boiler system, I couldn't sleep due to the noises it made throughout the night.

• Also the room was next to a hallway door, which banged loudly as people walked through the doors early in the morning!

The only good points about this hotel were:
• The hotel restaurant, the morning breakfast was lovely with attentive staff.

• The gym facilities, swimming pool, sauna and steam room (there was a Jacuzzi, but the water was cold and not relaxing, this was a minor thing).

My boyfriend wanted to complain to the hotel staff about the third room, but I talked him out of it. I truly felt that the staff could care less if we had a good stay. I didn't want any more stress, I recently suffered a bereavement resulting with sleeping problem and anxiety. The whole point of staying at this hotel was to get some relaxation and catch-up on desperately needed sleep. Maybe this was a one off, and it was just my experience. However, this hotel was a complete waste of time and money, there was one problem after another, I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Turkish first
Greater London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I was here for a week and believe the hotel is average. Rooms are not at the standard of a Hilton (furniture and carpet are old but the room is clean), the gym is clean and they offer classes such as Zumba or Abs, the restaurant has a good variety for vegetarians which is perfect considering there is literally nothing around the hotel, and the people are nice.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell such feedback is important to us. I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

The room I had was small. With just enough space to walk arround the bed and to work at the desk. Missing a small plank or so in the shower to put my belongings on. Shower is just big enoug to pick up things from the ground...Have not had dinner there. Breakfast is ok. The bar arrea is ok and quitte crouded in the evening. Bear is good, several types on the tap. People are friendly. Overal impression on this Hotel: It needs refurbishing... door posts have their share of damage... paint on the walls show damage.... Its all not bad, but it is certainly not very good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lolke S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the staff which has been shared with them.
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hilton Bracknell is 35 minute drive away from Heathrow T4 - a quiet place that is 1 hour train drive away from central London. Good service with rooms that are quite spacious (compared to London hotels), this is a great place to stay. Cabs are available in the hotel, making it convenient to travel anywhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank madhugr
Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Make sure you book breakfast at the same time as booking your room or you will face a heavy bill on check out. The room was fine if rather cramped. It was clean and well stocked. We never use any mini bar so cannot make a comment on that. The food at breakfast was well cooked but not all was available right away.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank TrevorN64
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

When we arrived we werent given bed linen for the sofa bed, so we requested it , we then had to make the bed ourselves,and discovered the quilt cover was ripped , my son spilled a little juice on the carpet so i tried to clean it straight away the carpet was filthy. The towel rail fell of the wall , nearly hit my sons head , we complained it wasn't fixed, the guest service book was lying behind the sofa bed and we found it on the last day, this tells me that the rooms aren't cleaned that often, the front sliding door of the hotel was broken. SHOCKING

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mojosh
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your feedback.
I was very sorry to read your comments regarding your disappointment with our bedrooms and their cleanliness.
This was reported to Housekeeping and an extra effort was made to ensure all of the beds are moved and cleaned thoroughly every week.
Hilton are investing in this property at the moment with a number of projects being carried out, therefore feedback such as this is very important to us.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Travellers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Rugby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for 1 night whilst visiting nearby Legoland with my wife and 6 year old daughter. Have stayed here earlier on in the year and felt it was a tired hotel.
But its had a refurbish and the rooms are great and live up to the Hilton Brand. Although the hotel was busy Breakfast was good and the rooms are quiet.
The staff are good and friendly especially Jackie on reception and the Romanian gentleman (sorry didn't get your name) in the pool reception. Legoland is a 20/25 minute drive away.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank startech
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Premier Inn Bracknell Central Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!