“Good Hotel - Great Location”

Grange Bracknell Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel - Great Location”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. Arrived and was checked in by the friendly hotel staff. I went up to my room which was large and very clean. The room did look slightly dated in appearance but this does not bother me. The room had lovely toiletries and a nice big comfy bed - all I need really! I ate dinner in the hotel - the meal I had was lovely and service was speedy. Breakfast was OK - nothing fancy but covered all the main options. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Hungarian first
London
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night on business. I checked in late, but all was very efficient. The room was very big, but quite cold when I arrived. Turned on the air con but immediately turned it off because of the noise! Bed was comfortable though. The shower took ages to warm up but was good once it got there! Breakfast is passable. Check out very efficient. All in all ok for a business stay

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
PatrickM_GH, Public Relations Manager at Grange Bracknell Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Ian F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with the facilities provided to you during your stay. We have messaged you privately and hope to welcome you back again soon.

With kind regards,

PatrickM

Digital Communications Team
Midlands, UK
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in few hotels in Bracknell and in my opinion this is the best

The service is great and as I was also running an event the staff were very attentive.

Breakfast is ok nothing special but the evening meals were very good and whilst some reviews seem to criticise the time taken to serve the food we should remember this is not a fast food microwave it restaurant.

The hotel has possibly the smallest fitness area possible with only three machines I found it sufficient as nobody else wanted to use it when I did.

Just one small thing. The staff could smile a little more.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank SteveBMidlands_UK
The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed here on business for 4 days, check in was smooth, Beverly is very friendly and helpfull, Room was very large with seperate lounge area and comfortable bed, lots of extra comfy pillows in the cupboard, so did not even have to beg for one, there is also a kitchen next to the Lounge in the room. Rooms are tidy and everything works. AC works, Enough hangers in the double cupboards, Iron and Board, Pant Press, Hairdryer etc.The Curtains are thick and double close so that the daylight is blocked out. The passages have thick carpets so outside noise is almost nothing, the rooms are very comfortable and quiet inside. The bathroom has a shower in the bath and comes with the regular amenities, Very nice range of soap and shampoo. Yes, the hotel is not new and everything sparkly, but for its age it is being kept in a very good conditions, i did not find everything run down as some reviewers suggest. Everything was clean tidy and worked well. The restaurant has decent service and food, normal range of fair you could expect from this type of hotel. Food is presented well, waiters friendly, cleared tables timely, staff was always around looking to see if they could be of assistance at any of the tables. Breakfast is good, normal standard selections of juices, joghurts, fruits, warm foods, all filled up as soon as it runs empty.
Overall a nice experience for a business type hotel, I will stay here again on my next visit to this area. Well done to the staff and hotel for a good pleasurable stay.

Room Tip: Go for the large rooms, very comfortable. The direct access escalators to the mall below the hotel...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Gerardgroovy
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Its located in a very quiet dull neighborhood with a couple of small shops here there. Definitely not near the train station.

Well, my Company put me in Grange Bracknell Hotel cos of proximity to office. If not for business trip, I wouldn't recommend it. Its old, and has this musky feel in the rooms. Breakfast was decent. But because of its quiet location, meals in the hotel can be very expensive (20pounds for Fish & Chips + Soup of Day). There is a Burger King & Macdonald's within walking distance, but they both close at 7pm & 10pm approximately.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Gary C
Dear Gary C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views with us. I am sorry you were not completely satisfied with your visit.

The hotel is located in the centre of Bracknell beside Charles Square and is less than a five minute walk from the train station.

Bracknell town centre is currently undergoing a substantial regeneration and we are excited that once this work is complete the new facilities and amenities on our doorstep will enhance future visits, which we hope you can enjoy.

Your feedback about the decor is much appreciated and we will take this into consideration as we make our plans for 2014 and beyond.

With warm regards,

PatrickM
Digital Communications Team
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

As a family of 5 we struggle to get all of us in one room, this hotel was great as we were all in one room, we even had a kitchen.
Check in was quick and service was great.
We took a short two minute stroll to wetherspoons where the food was reasonable.
Would definitely recommend this hotel for larger family's. Great value for money. We'll be back

Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on several occasions due to work. The hotel has all facilities required for a business hotel but it is let down by service. It feels like a "wannabe" 4 star hotel. The food is average at a higher than average price. The rooms are fine and the bathrooms recently renovated. During my last stay, there was no hot water and the flexibility of the senior staff was poor. We needed to change a reservation but the staff were not sympathetic to our needs, even though we stay there on a regular basis. I won't be going back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton Bracknell
#7 of 7 in Bracknell
Premier Inn Bracknell Central Hotel
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Travelodge Bracknell Central

Been to Grange Bracknell Hotel? Share your experiences!