“Hassle free, pleasant stay”

Grange Bracknell Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed for two nights in a standard room (though I think they are described as deluxe); the room was spacious, clean and tidy. The furnishings were a bit dated but nothing really to complain about. The shower had really good pressure and was easy to get to a good temperature.
The staff were lovely, in particular the reception staff were great; I'd been in touch with the hotel before my visit with a specific query/request which was accepted with ease and followed up on without me needing to remind them which left me with an excellent impression of their professionalism.
I didn't eat here but had a few drinks in the bar which was nice and the outdoor terrace was a welcome addition.
I guess the biggest downside to the place is it's location; Yes, we all know that Bracknell isn't most people's first choice for places to visit but aside from the things that the hotel can't change, there were a couple of things regarding the immediate vicinity of the hotel that I think they could and should make an effort to improve; Entrance to the hotel is either via a slightly grim walkway from the multi-storey carpark, a pretty grim set of escalators from the town or via an exceptionally grim tunnel from the town if the escalators are closed at night. I'd like to think that it would be in the hotel's best interests to invest in these spaces, even if they're not owned by the hotel. That aside, if you do need to go to Bracknell, you might not like it, but you can't get a more centrally located hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sarilypuff

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stay over a weekend.
Room was clean and a good size.
Service in the hotel and restaurant was excellent. Staff were helpful and friendly.
A good variety of food to order and portions were generous.
I would definitely stay there again

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ivan G
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed here for week on business recently. Nice clean hotel. Room size was fine for myself. Wifi worked well in room.
Nice bar and restaurant with good food at a reasonable price.
Very friendly staff throughout the hotel.
Would stay here again on business.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pat H
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed a number of times - conveniently located (but finding the way into the Car Park can be a bit of a mystery), friendly staff and good rooms. Quiet so a good nights sleep, with good bar and food service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank UKtraveller65
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I booked into the Grange hotel for the weekend of the 14th Feb -16th Feb as a valentines and birthday gift for my fiancé.
I was hoping to treat my fiancé to a great romantic getaway as it was our first valentines weekend together. Upon our arrival at the hotel, the lady at the front desk was polite but definitely not user friendly. The main thing seemed to have been was for them to try obtain credit card info to pay for any extra bills as the main booking was done through Hotels Exclusive on a credit card deal. ( I did not give this to them initially as I prefer to pay as I go).
Upon arrival at the room, it seemed ok. First we couldn’t get the tv to function and it seemed to be locked onto some main page so we didn’t bother. My fiancé then lay on the bed only to find the duvet was extremely thin so we came to the conclusion we needed and extra blanket which we would ask for when we went down for dinner.
On their website, it states that internet access come standard with all their rooms but this is not the case, when we asked for the passcodes, we were told to that there is a £10 for per 24 hours. When we also went and asked for an extra blanket, we were asked “why?” which made a person feel very uncomfortable.
The dinner and restaurant service was really great and could only wish that the waitress’ could maybe teach the staff at the desk how it should be done. When returning back to the room and we turned the heating on, it honestly sounded like something was trying to take off it was so loud. We tried watching a movie on the laptop with the speakers full blast but ended up just turning the heating off as we couldn’t hear the laptop clearly.
The couple above our room made so much noise we barely slept at all and the bed was one of the most uncomfortable beds I’ve ever slept on.
When we awoke the following morning, I looked at my fiancé and asked her how she slept and she said not well at all and wouldn’t be able to spend another night so we decided to leave. I went down to reception and informed them we were leaving a day early and all she said was “you will need to call you agents to discuss any refunds”. Not once did she ask how the stay was or if anything was wrong.
I was hoping she would ask if everything was ok but all I got was a "sign here and drive safely". I can honestly say that I have never been so happy to be back at home even after staying one night at a so called 4 star hotel.
So far all I've received from my agents who made the booking is " we will give you a £10 voucher off your next booking".
Will not be staying at any of the grange hotels again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Will B
PatrickM_GH, Social Media Manager at Grange Bracknell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We received a review from you directly and have responded to this.

We do hope to see you back at Grange Hotels soon.

With kind regards,
PatrickM

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Firstly, this is one of the quirkiest "4*" hotels you'll ever encounter. From the concrete walkway that takes to the admittedly plush reception, the random pillars in the room, the obviously designed-for-two-single-beds headboard....

The service was also strange. Great friendly check in, and a couple of people in the restaurant serving at breakfast were nice as pie. However I could barely get a couple of other servers to look at me.

The rooms themselves are huge, but strangely sparse - probably due to the random pillars in the room preventing installation of additional furniture. The bed was soft - perhaps overly so - but I slept well. Very strange headboard though... (See picture. The pillows were also undersized for the bed). The fixtures and fittings are also starting to look more than a bit dated. And the blood red carpet also - 90's fabulous.

Had the buffet breakfast both days which was of a high quality - but it was included in my room rate - I wouldn't have paid the £18 for it.

A very odd, quirky experience. But if you're doomed to need to stay in the centre of Bracknell, you could (probably) do worse!

Room Tip: Higher floors give you a better view of the soviet-like concrete Bracknell view.