“Depressingly dated”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Bristol
“Depressingly dated”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The hotel looks reasonably impressive, however once you get inside you realise just how dated it is. Everything just needs some work, from the decor to the tv system to the 1950s hair dryers! Where they could make some small improvements -even just a couple more toiletries in the shower, they haven't. Most disappointing was the breakfast. Who knew you could ruin mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, scrambled eggs.....

1 Thank EmmaandKrisBristol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We went to stay for the weekend what a mistake. The hotel looks impressive as you approach but starts going down hill. The reception was ok but slow eventually got to our room which was acceptable but that's the best I can say it was old & well used the main light wasn't working but not the end of the world. We unpacked & had 2-3 hours before dinner so we thought we'd go for a swim but when we got to WAVES OMG!!!!!! We walked to the reception there was no one there we waited a man ( a regular i guessed ) walked in & said no point waiting there you'll be waiting ages just go in there's never anybody about he went in I chose to wait as we hadn't been before but he was right we waited for ages eventually a young lad came in the main doors & said sorry just went to the garage for my lunch I said we're stay & want to use the pool he said you should of just gone in no one ever checks so we went in the changinging room was grubby with a strange unpleasant smell after changing a sign said to shower before swimming the showers were covered in mould & smelt I walked through the door to the spa area into a empty foot bath with mould & small puddles of discoloured water not nice into the spa & I have never seen such a dirty mouldy tiled floor everywhere I looked was filth I couldn't believe how bad it was. My wife came out opposite saying the same she wanted to leave but I said no let's swim but she decided it was to dirty & returned to the room while I went swimming I got in a very tatty pool i put my googles on & swam a length then promptly got out in 1 length I could see piles of dirt poorly repaired holes & the water was merky due to stuff floating in the pool I was so disgusted I just put my cloths on without showering & returned to room for a shower I can't comment on the sauna, steam room or jacuzzi as I didn't use them however the steam room was out of order anyway but the did look tatty. We went for dinner which was pleasant after in the bar I have never met so many people complaining about their stay mostly about how disgusting WAVES is.
In conclusion I would not recommend staying at Copped Beech the hotel is reasonable at best but WAVES spa should be condemned it is dirty, disgusting & unhealthy how it remains open in this state amazes me I'm sure when health & safty arrive they will sort the problem.
STAY CLEAR!!!!!!

4 Thank John R

Travellers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I booked afternoon tea for 2 and visited the hotel this week with my sister.
It was really enjoyable experience, Jan and Adrian looked after us so well, we had a selection of sandwiches, black forest gateau, mince pies and home made scones laced with lots of jam and clotted cream. Fresh tea kept appearing, as it was a pre Christmas visit we also enjoyed a glass of pink bubbly for an extra £4. Afternoon tea was very well priced, service was good and my sister and I look forward to visiting the Coppid Beech Hotel soon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank montyBerkshire
Sandhurst UK
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My wife and i, recently stayed here on a Saturday night as part of a mini break deal, we live local to the hotel and drive past it frequently so was looking forward to staying there. We wished we hadn't bothered.I am lucky enough to travel to many nice hotels over the world. This didn't come in my top 20.....part of the deal was a mini bar with complemenatry soft drinks. Once we had checked in to my suprise the mini bar was empty, i asked at reception and was told that she would organise some drinks. A lady arrived with a can diet pepsi and a can of normal pepsi plus two botlles of water. Hardly an exciting choice ?
The room was okay, but as previous guests have mentioned the rooms need redecorating and a through clean as they smelt musty.

Never mind we still had our 3 course evening meal to look forward to and a bottle of wine,
boy how we were disappointed with that. our choice of wine was either Rose or Red ( no white )...The turkey dinner looked like one of those frozen ready meals you buy for your nan to have on a sunday.my wife's salmon dinner looked like it had died of old age......

I won't even go on about the bar service as it was appalling, i must wear my invisible cloak at the next fancy dress party i go to, as it worked very well at the bar..

Summing up our stay at the Coppid Beech, i will next time opt for the Travelodge just down the road..

Derby, England
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with good service, good food in the restaurant, pleasant staff. Rooms a good size but the decor a little tired. Bar service in the lobby was a bit slow but friendly. Breakfast as expected in a four star hotel, room price was good value.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We recently held our staff Christmas do at the Coppid. I should have realised from the start that it would not be a good experience. We were continually hassled for the deposit and balance and they then made a mistake with the bill resulting in us each paying another £3.50 which they reluctantly agreed could be paid on the night. During the meal I was continually harrassed for the money, even though one of our party could not attend so they had received her money for nothing. The meal was absolutely awful, in my case the vegetarian consisted of two pepper halves filled with tasteless lentils. The rest of the party found the food almost inedible and the waiters looked as if they had been dragged off the street. The only saving grace was the cabaret and free entry to the night club. I cannot speak for the hotel itself but the Christmas package leaves a lot to be desired - I think we would have preferred basket meals instead of the three courses on offer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank deborah g
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We are 4 friends who on a regular basis visit hotels that offer Spa breaks. We LOVED this hotel, a few of the girls had been before and had raved about it, I now know why. It was the ideal package for a real girlie weekend. The hotel was spotless, our rooms were well thought out comfortable and warm

The spa area was pleasant if maybe a little busy. Our evening 3 course meal was a real delight . The restaurant had a lovely set up and a nice atmosphere The restaurant manager was a Lady called Jane Johnston, she couldn't have been more pleasant or attentive and helped to make our experience all the more pleasant . Also I must mention the manager Ian , he was charming and friendly we were made to feel like VIPs.

The real bonus for us was on the floor below the hotel there was a bar and on most weekends they have entertainment, There was an 80s tribute band the night we were there and we had a great time dancing the night away.
Breakfast was tasty and plentiful.

My only negative comment was how busy it was, and that it was mainly females, although it didn't affect us girls in the slightest, or in any way spoil our break but I would perhaps worry that my partner would feel uncomfortable if we were to stay as a couple.

Howeve,r we all had a wonderful weekend and without any doubt be returning again in 2014,

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton Bracknell
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor

Been to Coppid Beech Hotel? Share your experiences!