“Howzat!”
Review of The Cricketers

The Cricketers
Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Bracknell
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ascot, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Howzat!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Cricketers is a lovely bistro pub/restaurant, catering for adults and family outings.
The staff are most friendly, the beer excellent, the food is good and the atmosphere buzzing.

Lamb morrocan style, sweet and tender. Chocolate pot knocked the ball high to score six.
Not a cheap eaterie but $$ expected - worth the drive.

Binfield, UK
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was our 3rd visit to The Cricketers, and frankly only went because the Stag and Hounds, Binfield, was full. The waiter was very helpful but overall the service was not great, and the food was appalling. We had the baked camberbert to start and I've never had such a weird consistency - it should be hot and runny, but this was like cottage cheese consistency and warm. We did express our disappointment and the helpful waiter said he would remove it from our bill. We both had ordered the rib eye steak, when it came my husband's didn't taste quite right and both our mushrooms were cold. My steak, however, was inedible. I've never tasted such a dry rib eye and only eat a mouthful. My steak was also removed from the bill with lots of apologies and we were given a voucher for 2 free mains upon on our next visit. But even a free meal, I'm afraid, won't entice me back. It was THE most disappointing meal I've ever had. I truly believe the management need to look at the chef/kitchen - how anyone can ruin a medium ribeye is beyond me!

England
“Great place to visit any time of the year”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The Cricketers is a great pub/restaurant, which seems to cater for everybody, all year round. The staff are friendly, the food is good and the atmosphere is always great.

After a nice walk around the fields with our dog, we will often visit this hidden gem (it is nestled in the fields in Winkfield) for a glass of wine, either in the garden or the warm pub area (weather dependant). Our dog loves it here too, helping himself to some water (by the front door) or being spoilt by other dog lovers with the dog biscuits curtesy of the pub itself.

This really is a great place to visit for all occasions; for just a drink, for a celebration (there is a brilliant room to hire), for some food in the evening or for a hearty Sunday roast with family and/or friends.

Thank you to The Cricketers (especially Adam) for making us so welcome.

Bracknell, United Kingdom
“You want to like it, but....”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Lovely setting, nice decor and table layout, but...service abysmal, food second rate. I live locally and friends and I have given up giving this place it's 3rd chance.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Pinkperil59
England
“Amazing food, world class service, best in Berkshire”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Stuart,

Just a quick note to say thank you for hosting us and our extended family last night. Given that we are such a large group we were blown away by the quality of the food and wine. Everyone's food came out piping hot and there were some really creative things on your specials menu! I particularly enjoyed the beetroot chocolate brownie!

The service was absolutely world class and thank you for making such a fuss over our children and for going above and beyond to keep them entertained.

I eat out and drink a lot in the city. I'd happily say that the Cricketers experience is up there with some of the highly regarded city venues.

Thanks again Stuart, great job.

Ian (the log guy)