“A wedding to remember”

Stirrups Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Our was married at this delightful hotel and we stayed two nights. The food is good, the rooms are all of a good standard, clean with all the usual facilities, but what stands out is the quality of the service and the competence and friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: Our family and friends nearly filled the hotel. None had any critical comments to make about any of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Attended a wedding here. Our room was in the annex which I think is new.. The room was roomy and spotlessly clean. The bathroom had a massive walk in double shower and powerful spry. The wedding was well organised and the food was great. This was a great experience.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is simply a high standard establishment, what should be the expected level of any good hotel/restaurant.
We ate here most recently in August but have eaten here in the past also. Our friends have stayed here and were pleased.
The bar and restaurant staff are very good and the food is consistently good.
It is a bit expensive (we are a family of 5) but good for a treat.
The beer is excellent, I drink Stella and for those who do not drink lager I can tell you there is a great difference from pub to pub. The Stella here is always very lively and has a good head right to the bottom of the glass.
Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John s
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

visited stirrups country lodge to attend our friends wedding. it was a fantastic experience. firstly, we were allowed to book into our suite early so we didn't have to travel in our wedding cloths. our suite was spotless and cosy.
the wedding venue was decorated with attention to detail. space of course is limited but the turn around time for wedding to wedding breakfast to reception was swift. the garden is a good size and very well kept. friendly staff were attentive and helpful.
top mark to stirrups for a lovely stay and a tasty breakfast.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed for just night before going to legoland. We stopped in one of the new rooms (305) which was really nice. A cot had been put in the room as requested and it was nice and clean. They had even left a coloring book and crayons for our 2.5 yr old.

We ate in the restaurant and were very impressed with both the staff and the food.

The location is quiet and so was the room. All the staff that we encountered appeared genuinely polite and friendly.

We would definitely stop here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Having seen some wonderful reviews on here, we booked a suite for three nights and expected wonderful things but we were oddly disappointed with our experience
The room was not cheap, but was a little 'tired' with comfy armchairs that needed reupholstering, tarnished metal headboard and an impression of being overdue for some refurbishment
The staff were all excellent and helpful
We dined in the restaurant twice in the evening and were very impressed with the food - I had Gammon, Egg and Chips from the 'basic' menu and it was one of the best plates of 'pub food' that I have ever eaten
So why did they serve the worst cooked breakfast that I have had in a hotel? Tinned mushrooms, half a grilled tomato, two small rashers of bacon and one large (barely cooked each time) sausage?
Overall a very mixed impression

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I tried several hotels in the area before I became a loyal Stirrups guest. Over the last year, I have stayed here many times and will keep coming. I never consider staying anywhere else.

The hotel is perfect for overnight business trips because I can check in late, the wireless is free and there are plenty of places to work so I don't have to hide in my bedroom if I don't want to (equally if I want to be anti social and eat dinner in my room whilst I work, there's plenty of space to do that)

When I've visited with my husband and 2 children, the family rooms are comfy and large. There's more than enough space for a travel cot for my daughter, a single bed for my son and a very large bed for my husband and me. My children loved the coluring books & crayons they found on their beds when we arrived and it's a nice touch.

In the summer, the gardens are a beautiful place to sit and have a drink. In the winter, the fire in the bar is cosy. They even stock my favourite brand of gin!

The staff are friendly, chatty and nothing is ever too much trouble.

My only tip which could make my visits even better would be; change the restaurant menus more frequently please.

This is a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chloe H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton Bracknell
The Oakley Court
#2 of 19 in Windsor
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa

Been to Stirrups Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!