“Great Value Mr Ali-O'Brien”

Stirrups Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
London, United Kingdom
“Great Value Mr Ali-O'Brien”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My Wife & I stayed there for 6 weeks,the staff were fantastic,our room in the Coach House was great. Very big which was needed.as we had laptops & a printer,bed was really comfortable,en suite was a good size. We never tried the breakfast as out the door at 6.30,the dinner was great. Good choice of food,decent size portions,good parking. Very peaceful a great stay for either business or pleasure!! For a 3* best I have stayed in

Room Tip: The Coach House for the space & quite
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Lutterworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife and I have just spent a wonderful weekend at the Stirrups Country House Hotel. The bedrooms were tastefully furnished and decorated to a high standard. The staff were welcoming and helpful regarding local information and the history of the hotel. Breakfast was served in the dining room and as you would expect the choice was plentiful and the service was once again excellent. We would highly recommend this hotel and we would definitely revisit in the future

Room Tip: Main hotel room preferable as annexe building at the back more modern.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here with work in December, hotel was ok but probably woudn't stay again.
When arriving at the hotel I unloaded my bag and went to reception to check in, only to be told that my room was in the coach house at the back of the hotel, so to walk out of the main building and round the back, or I could take my car if I wanted!
When entering the room it felt cold, but the decor was nice, however there was only a shower, not a bath and there was no fridge. Also the walls were a little thin as you could here alot of noise from the room next door.
Ordered room service a couple of times and the receptionist was really helpful with the food arriving promptly and hot and good quality.
Didn't bother with breakfast as couldn't be bothered to walk round to the main restuarant for it.
For me the hotel was a little out of the way, but served its purpose for the nights I stayed there, though probably wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was here on a business trip which included a conference. For the star rating it was been awarded with this establishment you get what it is rated at.

I stayed in the newer part of the hotel and the room was spacious and of a high standard (when taking into account its rating once more) the radiator hissed for most of the night so it was not the most restful sleep.

Breakfast and lunch were good and none of the party that I was with had no complaints, views very similar to that of my own.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Cookham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Arrived on 30th December,a smooth check in room very good(junior suite room 115).all the staff were very attentive and we enjoyed the evening.New Years eve more of my family arrived(12),
We went down to a champagne reception before sitting down to our 5 course meal which we chose at the table(normally you have to pre choose your food) Their was plenty of staff to serve the food and bring drinks.The food was served without any delay .the table had crackers on it
There was live music in the back ground during the meal which was very good
The only critisisam was that the dance floor was to small for the amount of people who used it.
Overall the evening was a great success ,all my family will be retuning again.thanks to all the staff who made it such a great night

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ray W
Elmbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I booked a junior suite at this hotel for its charm and character. Their website shows a picture of a four poster bed with a separate seating area but states that not all the suites x 4 have a four poster. However when we arrived at the hotel we were given our key card and told to go out of the hotel, walk around the back and our room was in a separate building. When entering the room we were extremely disappointed. Where was the suite? We had a room with a small table and two chairs directly next to the bed. Where was the charm and character that the website promises from a country house hotel? There wasn't any, our "room" was very modern. On checking the website the room was clearly an executive room and not a suite (as it showed an image of our room on the executive room page). I rang reception where I was told that it was a suite and when I explained about the image on their website the receptionist said that they didn't have any suites available! Now on to dinner. My husband ordered scallops on the first night which had to be sent back to the kitchen as they were raw and cold in the middle. The following morning it was very icy and we had to walk round the hotel in our coats to get to breakfast. We arrived back at our room at 3.30pm to find it had not even been cleaned, the cleaner (waitress from breakfast) finally arrived at 3.55pm. Evening meal was fish and chips (which were frozen!). The lady who served us on the Saturday in the "restaurant" was very abrupt and not very pleasant at all. On our final day (thank god) we had to walk to breakfast in the pouring rain. When we checked out I explained our disappointment to the lady on reception who was rather curt and quite nonchalont about it. We had had a very difficult time prior to our visit and wanted to relax in a country house hotel not an outbuilding round the back. A very unpleasant experience and a complete waste of money. Had we been in the hotel which we assumed we had booked our experience may have been different. Why were we not notified that the room was in an outbuilding?

Room Tip: When booking ask where your room is situated i.e. main hotel or outbuilding.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jo N
Sandy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

A very pleasant hotel a bit off the beaten track but ideal for getting to a number of locations in the Thames valley. A great place for a short stay.
Evening meals reasonably priced but breakfast a bit expensive, 'though choice good.

Room Tip: All the rooms were quiet and had similar outlooks
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton Bracknell
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 18 in Windsor
Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection

Been to Stirrups Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!