“Great hotel & bar”

Stirrups Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed at Stirrups last night as we were visiting friends in Winkfield.

We had an Executive Double Room and it was well sized, clean and comfortable.

Had a couple of drinks in the bar and was really pleasantly surprised to see they had Kozel on tap. Love that beer as I used to drink it a lot when I was living in Prague.

Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Stirrups Country House Hotel

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed one night for business and arrived late to a very warm welcome on reception. I was shown to my room, which was through the restaurant. The room was clean, average in size with a nice modern bathroom. The wifi worked very well but I couldn't get a phone signal until I got outside the hotel.

Due to my late arrival I ordered room service and decided to go for two appetisers, the food arrived promptly and was presented well but lacked taste, the soup was particularly bland and the salmon lacked seasoning and was dull and at £9 for a starter I expected more. They also added a £3 room service charge which was not necessary, my room was literally next to the restaurant, I understand these charges in larger hotels where the staff have some distance to travel but smacked of penny pinching in this small establishment.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Came down to the air race in Ascot with friends! We booked this delightful looking hotel for the night and were not disappointed! My partner and I slept in one of the side annexe ensuites! Just lovely, so quiet! There was a wedding reception going on until late, but not once did we hear any of it!
The male staff were so courteous and well mannered! Service was impeccable! All the staff were smiley and helpful....if i had one niggle, our breakfast waitress didnt smile once, and didnt seem to want to be there, but the good certainly outweighed that tiny point, especially as they were very busy on that day! Food was good in a relaxed atmosphere! Plenty of parking and a beautiful well kept garden! At this time of year the flowers were stunning and more than suitable for lovely pictures! If I come this way again, I will definitely stay here!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had booked two nights B & B at this lovely hotel, very nice rooms, very clean, big fluffy towels and well furnished. Beautiful grounds with very pretty gardens. Food was good and freshly prepared, would certainly recommend it

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladybird622
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to go to legoland which is very close. The room we stayed in was in the coach house which was very nice, bed was comfy and the a/c was great only problem with the room was how cramped the bathrooms are the radiator next to the toilet means you have to sit sideways. We ate in the evening and the food was very good and well priced. Our biggest problem was breakfast we expected it to be the same standard as the nights meal but found it to be very lacking and very expensive our bill for breakfast was £35 and i left feeling very hungry and disappointed but apart from that i would visit again but I would go to the toby carvery for breakfast instead.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lee0113
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel was lovely despite it's slightly dull roadside appearance. The rooms were to a high standard with plenty of space for a family of four. The staff were all lovely and extremely helpful, even making up a chocolate sauce when they didn't have any chocolate spread for breakfast toast. It's obviously close to Legoland but because it's not on the Windsor side of the resort, we sailed past all the traffic queuing into Windsor as we left the resort to return to the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear would avoid any traffic noise, but not a particularly busy road anyway.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NormaGP
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I found this hotel on trip adviser and it's close location to ascot made this the ideal place to stop for the red bull air race. We were warned in advance that there were two functions taking place, in fact we turned down the TV to listen in on the music ! Great food, rooms and bathroom, all modern, clean and reasonable prices. Will stop again and recommend to friends and work colleagues.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton Bracknell
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell

Been to Stirrups Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!