“Scrumptious”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Scrumptious”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Amazing. We eat here regularly mostly order to home they have quite a nice taste to their food pretty good, recommended for spicy lovers, the guys are nice and helpful and proportion are good including the drinks a place to go for value and good authentic food!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank jason15300

east sussex
“WOW”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing food, atmosphere and service!
Definitely the best in Bracknell if not further.
Highly recommended :-)

3 Thank mumof3EastSussex
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Awful!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We were recommended this restaurant to celebrate a wedding anniversary with some close friends. We was shown to our seats and asked what drinks we would like, straight away I noticed there was no wine list on the table so had to ask the waiter to tell us what wine they had.
After a few minutes our drinks arrived along with our poppodoms we had ordered. After about 30 minutes my husband asked for another beer, 10 minutes later we had to ask the waiter for the beer again as he had forgotten to get it. Once the waiter brought the beer over and cleared our plates away from the poppodoms I asked if we could place our food order. I was told that the kitchen were extremely busy tonight but someone will be with you soon. Another 20 minutes passed before I "again" had to get the attention of a waiter to ask to order our food. Our order was now taken, one of us had ordered the chicken tikka masala but as the menu stated it as "chicken tikka masala spicy" we had asked for it to be a normal masala as not keen on spicy curries.
My husband now ordered another beer, this got poured straight away but was left sitting on the bar for another 10 minutes until we "again" had to ask for it to be brought over.
The hot plates were now on the table along with our plates, we then waited a further 10 minutes for our food to come out so our plates were now cold. As the food was delivered to our table we started dishing our meals up we noticed 2 of the 4 curries were cold and had to be sent back to the kitchen. The rice and naans came out which were warmish but looked like they'd been hanging around for a while. 2 minutes later the curries were brought back to the table and we were informed by the waiter they had been microwaved to heat them back up ( I had not come out for a microwave curry!) we had to ask which curry was which as although we had ordered different sorts of curries they looked exactly the same.
The mild chicken tikka masala we had ordered was in fact a spicy one which could not be eaten due to the spicy ness of it, 85% of the meals were not eaten.
We asked for the bill which came out but I was not willing to pay this for a barely warm microwaved curry which I could have brought from my local supermarket for £5. I explained this to the waiter and he said he would take some money off the bill. He spoke to another waiter who agreed to take a small amount off the bill. I was still unhappy with this as the food was not acceptable. I was happy to pay for the alcohol we'd had plus the poppodoms but was not prepared to pay for the diabolical food we received.
We left the restaurant angry,irate at how rude and arrogant the staff were. I will never return to this restaurant nor recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank Jodie W
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“FAB FOOD AND SERVICE!!!!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Last week my friends and I went to our favorite curry house for evening meal in Bracknell. Once again we had great night and lovely food with best service anyone can offer. It was very busy in there and waiter informed us that there would be bit of delay which we didn't mind as we were served with the starter and drinks. When food arrived it was hot and tasty. service was very good and we had a fab evening. Thanks BALTI KING, highly recommend.

2 Thank Jake w
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“AVOID!! More interested in take-aways than customers in restaurant!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Initial impressions were OK after being seated and served drinks within 10-minutes however that's as good as it got. The restaurant was not very busy with only about a dozen people seated, some (like us) appeared to have been waiting a while without any sign of food. After ordering more drinks (which never appeared to be a problem at £5 a bottle), the time slowly ticked away. Observing other customers looking around for some sort of service, I summoned over a waiter and inquired where our order was having now waited well over an hour. He quickly went to the bar area and frantically rummaged through the orders which looked very ominous. He failed to come back to the table with an answer and made his way to the kitchen which instantly rang alarm bells. When he 'eventually' came back to us he said our meal was 'on it's way' and should be with us in 10-minutes, how very convenient!! At this point we decided to give up and leave the restaurant, I spoke to the lady who appeared to be running the place and all I got was 'I am not in charge but I will pass your comments on' no apology whatsoever. Then, whom I assume was the head waiter, spoke to me in quite a forceful manner asked us to 'sit back down' as our food was on the way. I asked him if he was aware how long we had been waiting (90-minutes had now passed) to which he replied 'WE HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY WITH TAKE-AWAYS TONIGHT, THAT'S WHY THERE'S BEEN A DELAY'! I told him that was not good enough & were leaving and again without an apology he had the audacity to charge us full price for the drinks, some of which had barely been touched & left on the table. Avoid at all costs unless you are prepared for a long-long wait & general shoddy service/attitudes.

1 Thank Paul A