“Commonwealth Games - hotel as friendly as the Games!”

Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were lucky to have been able to make a late booking during the Commonwealth Games and were pleasantly surprised by the rate - everywhere else was charging a premium, this didn't seem to be the case here.

Location was great, just off the main routes with bus stops a very short walk from the hotel - no way were we going to try and drive into the city during the Games! And with local transport included in the price of our Games tickets, great value for money.

The room was comfortable and the mattress was good. There is no air conditioning and it was very warm. However, being on the top floor we were able to have our windows open and weren't disturbed by any traffic noise. We also had a fan, but it wasn't terribly effective. However, at the end of the day, it's a Premier Inn so although aircon would have been a bonus, we didn't expect it. The wifi worked well and was easy to access.

The best bit of our stay? The staff. Incredibly friendly and nothing was too much trouble. A special mention for Louise, who painstakingly worked out our best route to Ibrox Park using local transport and typed this all out for us whilst we were at the restaurant, leaving it pinned to our room door in the late evening. All the staff we met were chatty, interested and helpful - top marks!

We would definitely recommend staying here and would use it again for a good base for the city whenever events are on.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are quietest
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Claire F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for leaving lovely feedback in regards to your stay through the commonwealth games. I'm glad you found the hotel comfortable and location convenient, I know the team, work very hard to make all our guests feel brilliant. I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto Louise who will be over the moon with your lovely feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Not stayed in a premier in for a long time, (I'm just not a fan). But it was the closest place to stay for work the following day, not particularly cheap, one could say expensive by the time you add in all the extras and having paid for the wifi you'd expect it to work first time, and you would be wrong, it did let me on for the free 30minutes straight away, but struggled after that.

Table table eatery next door, no surprises with the menu but enough to see you through to the full English breakfast, value for money depends on your taste.

The accommodation clean tidy the same as every other inn, little heart or sole, as write this it's 9.50pm and the main road is still quite busy so we can test the guaranteed good night sleep I reckon 4am I,ll woken up by traffic as the room is hot even with a fan so the window needs to be open

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same 29 faces the car park next to a busy main road
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Claire F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to give your opinion regarding your recent stay with us here.

Firstly thank you very much for giving premier inn another try and staying with us again, And a warm welcome to Scotland too. I am very pleased that the location of our hotel suits your work commitments, we do have a great location in terms of being situated perfectly not far from both the M74 and M8 motorway as well as having other amenities very close by too.

With regards to the pricing, premier inn price their rooms very competitively within the hotel sector and will vary due to demand. To guarantee that you receive the very best price available may I suggest that you book as far in advance as possible this will insure you receive the very best rate.

I apologise sincerely for the issues we were experiencing with our wi-if connection while you were staying with us. As you will appreciate this matter was totally unforeseen on our part and as soon as we were made aware of the issue we contacted our provider immediately although from a guest point of view and the world today we do realise that wi-fi is becoming a necessity so again please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

I am very pleased you found your room to be clean and tidy. Premier inn strive to deliver excellent customer service and cleanliness to each and every guest.

I am sorry to hear about the noise you experienced during your first nights stay with us due to a passing lorry, we monitor noise very closely inside and outside the hotel. We have strict measures in place to minimise noise and will continue to work on this going forward. I have refunded your first nights stay in line with our company good night guarantee and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to premier inn in the next couple of months.

I have provided you with my direct telephone site contact number and as soon as you have your next reservation booked with us here as previously spoken about on site could I ask you to phone me direct to discuss your requests as soon as possible to minimise disappointment.

I very much look forward to speaking to you in the very near future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Everything I've come to expect from a Premier Inn - nice staff, clean and comfortable rooms, and a good breakfast!
It's an easy trip from the motorway with a good adjoining restaurant. Rooms were quiet!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Claire F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay. I’ll make sure I pass you kind comment on to the staff regarding their friendliness and we work closely with the Lee Burn restaurant next door too so I will be sure to pass on your praise there too regarding the breakfast.

We do have a great location in terms of being ideally situated next to all the major motorways and its great that this aspect benefited you when you were travelling to our hotel.

Thank you so much for staying with us here at Premier Inn East Kilbride Nerston Toll and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

As usual, a very clean and efficiently run hotel. Premier Inns continue to get my business wherever I am in the country. My only complaint is that they continue to charge for internet access which, nowadays, is a bit like charging people to breath and we already pay HMRC for that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much indeed for your kind review regarding your recent stay with us. It is very reassuring to know that you found our premier inn to be very clean and efficiently run. From a company perspective Premier Inn are very grateful for your continued loyalty to our hotels no matter where you stay in the country. It is so reassuring for us to know that you continually choose to stay with us as it means we are delivering a product that you are very happy with from a guest point of view. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed for one night for a family event near by. The hotel is spotless, well maintained. The bed was very comfortable. Staff were lovely. The hotel is not plush but had everything we wanted. We did not have breakfast but heard great comments from other guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you kindly for your recent review. I am so pleased that you found our hotel to be spotless and you felt the beds were really comfortable. I hope that the family event you were here for was a success and that you and your family all had a great time. We all look forward to welcoming you back here in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Rooms were very modern and clean, we had a large group of 7 staying in two rooms. Hotel staff were very friendly. Breakfast was available in neighboring restaurant. An additional restaurant across the parking lot had very good dinner. We would choose this hotel again. The one and only thing I feel they need was a telephone in the room. Our mobil phones did not work in country, and we were unable to call room to room for communication with the other half of our group. Over all this hotel was a pleasant surprise. We were very comfortable there

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Claire F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review, I’m sorry that you experienced problems with your mobile phones while you were staying with us, we hold regular regional meeting and value all of our guests feedback on how to improve our hotel so I will be sure to bring the matter of having phones in our hotel bedrooms to the next meeting. Thank you for bringing it to my attention once again. I’m glad you found our hotel a pleasant surprise.

I very much look forward to seeing you aging in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here at Christmas and were very impressed, albeit the service at the adjacent pub was a bit restricted due to the season. The Premier Inn itself could not be faulted, especially the friendliness and efficiency of the staff, even though they were working over Christmas so, when we went back to East Kilbride for our son's anniversary, we were more than happy to stay there again.
Once again, from booking in to checking out, the staff were first class. Nothing is too much trouble to them. The room was the usual Premier standard i.e. first class (except for the lighting which seems to be the norm these days). Extra coffee etc. on demand. A good night's sleep guaranteed is their boast. We certainly could not claim our money back as we both slept soundly. Although next to a busy main road, there was no problem at all with traffic noise.
This time there was no problem with the pub. We had breakfast there and it was excellent. It is nice to have your order taken as you know the food is going to be freshly cooked rather than having it lying on a hotplate for goodness knows how long.
I would have no hesitation in recommending anyone who is golng to East Kilbride to book in to this Premier Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

WOW…. What a review. Thank you kindly for taking the time to give your true view on Premier Inn East Kilbride Neston Toll.

I personally think that when we have guests who return to us to stay again then it must mean that we are doing our jobs properly and its very reassuring to read that you think so too, so much so that after your Christmas stay you and your wife chose to stay with us again so soon.

Please pass on my kindest regards to your son on his anniversary I hope the celebrations all went well.

With regards to the staff that I have working here, they really are a dream team to work with, they will go above and beyond any level of customer service I have ever came across in other hotels and its nice to know that you have experienced that for yourself during your stay.

I’d like to apologise to you for the restricted service that you experienced in the Lee Burn Restaurant next door, we work closely with them so I will be sure to bring it to the manager’s attention so it certainly should not happen again,

Thank you very much for recommending us and we look forward to seeing you and your family here again in the near future.