“Our Wedding - 04.10.13”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Scotland, UK
“Our Wedding - 04.10.13”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The Crutherland House Hotel was a great place to spend the best day of our life. Aileen was fantastic with all the organising and even up to the last minute she managed to make changes that didn't affect our big day. Everyone commented on the delicious wedding meal and with Callum and Iain running the show it went without a hitch. They guys couldn't do enough for us and were so polite and attentitive it made our day !!! Our day went perfectly.
The only downside was that we had hired a band to entertain our guests as they arrived but as there were no sockets inside the reception lobby they were left to play at the entrance (indoors) and our guests didn't really get the full effect oft them (and they went unnoticed). Otherwise - was a great day helped along by people who obviously know what they are doing and have what it takes to arrange a wedding. Thank you so much Stephen & Sarah Donovan

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Sarah D

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your wedding here at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

We are passionate about weddings and myself and the team are always delighted to be part of our couples' special day.

I have passed on your very kind comments to the chef regarding the food and to the team, in particular Aileen, Iain and Callum who were happy to have been of service to you.

Regarding your band, I do apologise that this was not highlighted on the day as although we have not sockets in the lobby we can run an extension from either the bar or the cloakroom area.

I was pleased to read that you had a great day and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Eileen Newman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Visited with a colleague and read previous reviews so was unsure what to expect - found lovely grounds, spotless well equipped room with very comfy bed, pool facilities fine though shower after was not very warm, nice bar area and great food

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear pjdove

Many thanks for the very positive comments you have given our hotel and the food you received following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

Our chef and his team are dedicated to producing the finest dishes sourced form the very best ingredients, they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience.

Thank you once again and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Strathaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed for 4 nights as we had builders in our own home just up the road. Although an odd experience going to work, and not being on holiday, it was made very pleasant by the lovely courteous staff. Always bright and friendly, they catered for our every need. We booked the DBB package and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The waiting staff were knowledgeable, efficient and not intrusive during the meals.
Our room was comfortable, clean, and perfect for our needs. The decor is a little on the old fashioned side, but suits the country feel of the hotel, and is not worn or old.
The pool, spa and gym were and added bonus. This is definitely somewhere I would happily go for a weekend away, if only it were further away than 10 minutes from home. Another excellent stay at a Macdonald hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ashling1
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Ashling M

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind remarks to the team here who were delighted to have been of service to you.

We have always had a passionate aproach to hospitality and receive many positive comments regarding our team.

I realise you live nearby but do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future maybe in our restaurant or spa.

Salvador, BA
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a wedding. All staff were very helpful and most unusually for a large hotel, friendly. The food and service was excellent as was the room. Drinks are a bit expensive but that balances the excellent room rate for a 4 star hotel with mnay facilities.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Anthony D

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review following your recent stay for a wedding at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

Myself and the team are passionate about weddings here and are always delighted to be part of a couples' special day.

I was delighted to read that you found our food and service to be excellent and our staff very helpful.

I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Our overnight midweek stay was booked at extremely short notice but despite this, it was cheaper than any of the local Premier Inns, who unlike the Crutherland did not include breakfast. Our rooms were clean, pleasant and spacious (although the slightly stained and peeling wallpaper could do with a makeover), the bathrooms spotless, and the beds extremely comfortable. Despite what has been said by a previous reviewer, only the removal of the actual bottle would incur a £5 charge; drinking the mineral water itself was completely gratis.

Breakfast was delicious and served very quickly indeed. The scrambled eggs were done to perfection and there was also a wide choice of cereals, fruit, muffins, croissants etc. Could I put in a plea for full cream milk though? Only semi-skimmed was available and since the menu made a point of mentioning the local dairy who supply it, it sounded like there would be a choice of milk for our cereal.

Checking in and out was efficiently managed and all the staff we met were cheerful and pleasant. A special mention goes to Callum who was dispatched to our room to (successfully) resolve our wifi issues and even suggested a handy app to download which would make future signing in to the Cloud easier and hassle-free.

A very relaxing break, from the snowdrop-carpeted grounds to the refreshing shower. I would definitely return and certainly will recommend the Crutherland to friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from bar, restaurant and lifts - facing away from the kitchen if possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear springfam

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

I was delighted to read your very postive comments regarding your room and our breakfast selection. We do pride ourselves on the quality of food served in our restaurants and I will be sure to pass on your kind remarks to chef and his team.

Delivering the best of service to all our guests at all times is at the heart of our core values and I was pleased to read that you found our staff to be cheerful and pleasant. I have passed on your comments to the team, and in particular Callum, who were happy to have been of service to you.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My boyfriend booked a bed and breakfast overnight with spa treatments included. When we arrived the staff at reception were not very friendly. Our room was on the ground floor, very clean and a good size but I thought it was a bit ridiculous that the hotel had a £5 charge on the bottle of water in the room! Bathroom was lovely and clean. Spa staff were very friendly and helpful unlike reception staff at the main entrance. Swimming pool and steam room were good but sauna was out of order! In the evening we booked into the restaurant for dinner which was extremely disappointing! We were left waiting to be seated for 10 minutes, when we were seated we were not offered a drinks list or a menu and had to ask for one. There were only two waiters working and service was very slow. They both kept disappearing into the kitchen and leaving the restaurant without any service! The menu was disappointing, with very poor choice and food was definitely not up to the 4 star standards I expected. Following our extremely over priced meal I felt very unwell and did not sleep well overnight. In the morning when our breakfast arrived I took one look at it and vomited. My boyfriend said his breakfast was cold and disappointing also.
Over all I was really disappointed with this hotel and the staff and would not return and would advise others not to bother!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah T
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Hannah T

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recet visit to the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

Delivering the very best of service for all our guests is at the heart of our core values and I do apologise that you felt this was not the case on this occasion.

I would welcome the opportunity to gain a further insight into your comments in order for me to make the necessary improvements.

I would be grateful if you would contact me directly so that we can have a further discussion regarding the points that you have raised.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I attended a wedding at The Crutherland House Hotel and I have to say it was perfect.

We arrived early, and we were eager to get into our room and get changed, reception did their best to let people in to rooms early, which was lovely of them.The room where the ceremony took place was gorgeous, the master of ceremonies was friendly and great at keeping everyone informed on how the day would go, and kept things moving.

The reception room was spacious and beautifully decorated, the wedding meal was delicious and the food service was impecable, everyone was served at the same time. The staff were relaxed, chatty and well turned out. We had breakfast in a private room for the wedding party the next morning and the chef, very kindly catered for a few special requirements.

I felt like all the staff from reception to wedding DJ to bar staff went out of the way to make this a special day.

Thank You All. I highly recommend this traditional Scottish country Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jean J
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear jean J

Many thanks for your very positive review following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel for a wedding.

We are always delighted be part of our couples special day and I was happy to read your very positive comments which I have passed on to the team.

Thank you for recommending us and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Kilbride
Blythswood Square
#14 of 95 in Glasgow
The Marine Hotel
#5 of 6 in Troon

Been to Macdonald Crutherland House? Share your experiences!