“East Kilbride Revisited”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“East Kilbride Revisited”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Took advantage of 5pm offer this weekend and enjoyed a relaxing stay at the Crutherland Hotel. First impression of the grounds and surrounding area was favourable and in immaculate condition,Reception was most efficient and friendly, with the staff on duty being most welcoming but the area it's self was dull.
Our room was what we would expect from a McDonald hotel spotless nice furnishings, tea and coffee available,and a decent flat screen television sadly without Sky.
The Pool & Sauna were excellent and ideal to chill in and the clientele using it were also vey friendly.
Dinner was very nice and the standard of the food was good though the selection could have been more extensive.
Breakfast was first class I started with porridge which was presented in an individual dish with honey fruit and nuts and was perfect.
Full breakfast for me poached eggs for my wife, fresh orange juice bread croissants yoghurt fresh fruit all a perfect way to star the day, service was good also.
We went to Calderglen Park and enjoyed the walks along the waterside and golf course and were impressed in the way area had developed over the years we also visited the town centre for a bit of shopping.
Overall we enjoyed the stay and would return again sometime in the future
I was delighted to receive a call from the hotel informing that the staff had found a Kindle in the room which we had left behind, on our way home we picked up well done and many thanks.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank doonhame10
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear doonhame10

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

I was delighted to read your very postive comments regarding our friendly reception staff, your room and our facilities.

We do pride ourselves on our quality of food using only the very best of ingredients freshly prepared by our team of chefs. I have passed on your kind remarks to chef and his team.

Thank you once again and I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Eileen Newman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Got this hotel on a Travelzoo offer.we had 3 nights b and b with 2 evening meals on an excellent deal.the hotel is set in lovely grounds and is well situated for getting out and about.the staff at reception were very helpful and service in the restaurant was very good,the food was good but not outstanding.all in all a very nice break.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear jemLiverpool

Many thanks for posting a review following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

Delivering the very best of service to all of our guests is at the heart of our core values and I was delighted to read your positive comments in relation to our helpful staff and the service in our restaurant.

I have passed your kind remarks on to the team who are happy to have been of service to you.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Coatbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Booked a luxury SPA BREAK with bed/breakfast and dinner. This was to be a relaxing break for my Birthday for my sister and I. Lovely hotel friendly staff at reception. Checked in and was asked about booking table for dinner we had already done this as web site advised prior booking for dinner. Told to phone Spa from our room for treatments a 1 hour body scrub and wrap. Decided to go down and book spa whilst having a look around to be told NO SPA TREATMENTS WHERE AVAILABLE they where fully booked the day of our stay and the next day. There was no advice on the web site to pre book spa or we would have done this whilst booking table for dinner. Was offered afternoon tea or to have the treatment another day. However as the whole purpose was a SPA BREAK we declined the offer. Callum the manager was pleasant and we decided to cancel the break and asked for a full refund. This does not however compensate for the wasted time and organisation of babysitters etc. required to organise an overnight away. We both went home feeling extremely disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Angela S

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

Please accept my apologies that there was no availability in the spa on your day of arrival. Our web site does advise, under the spa and fitness page, to pre-book any spa treatments to avoid disappointment. However I will make sure this is also added to the spa breaks page.

On a positive note I was pleased that you found our reception staff friendly, I have passed on your kind comments to them and to Callum, our Duty Manager.

I trust that this will not deter you from using the hotel in the future and I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at the hotel using a Groupon voucher in February, and we were very impressed with the hotel and its facilities. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful throughout our stay, and the food in the restaurant was excellent (we took advantage of their dining offer, which was good value). The gym facilities were also very good (and surprisingly quiet on a Saturday afternoon). Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear ECant0na

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the Macdoanld Crutherland House Hotel.

I was delighted to read your very positve comments regarding the staff and our food. I have passed on your kind remarks to the team here who were happy to have been of service to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Thirsk
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is quite a nice hotel but is a bit of a rabbit warren so quite hard to find your room. Service was good in the restaurant at dinner and the food was good though rather expensive. The house wine was way over priced.
Breakfast was not as good. The poached eggs were underdone and runny. The coffee was luke warm.
Room was good and comfortable though the shower didnt work too well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear NorthSeaNobody

We do pride ourselves in producing the finest dishes sourced from the best ingredients and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our food.

We do believe our pricing is in line with other similar hotels in the area of a four star standard and I do aplogise if you felt that this was not the case.

I have passed on your comments regarding breakfast to our chef, and I will ensure that housekeeping are checking all the showers on a daily basis.

Thank you once again for your remarks as it is only through such feedback that we can maintain and improve our service.

Scotland, UK
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The Crutherland House Hotel was a great place to spend the best day of our life. Aileen was fantastic with all the organising and even up to the last minute she managed to make changes that didn't affect our big day. Everyone commented on the delicious wedding meal and with Callum and Iain running the show it went without a hitch. They guys couldn't do enough for us and were so polite and attentitive it made our day !!! Our day went perfectly.
The only downside was that we had hired a band to entertain our guests as they arrived but as there were no sockets inside the reception lobby they were left to play at the entrance (indoors) and our guests didn't really get the full effect oft them (and they went unnoticed). Otherwise - was a great day helped along by people who obviously know what they are doing and have what it takes to arrange a wedding. Thank you so much Stephen & Sarah Donovan

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Sarah D

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your wedding here at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

We are passionate about weddings and myself and the team are always delighted to be part of our couples' special day.

I have passed on your very kind comments to the chef regarding the food and to the team, in particular Aileen, Iain and Callum who were happy to have been of service to you.

Regarding your band, I do apologise that this was not highlighted on the day as although we have not sockets in the lobby we can run an extension from either the bar or the cloakroom area.

I was pleased to read that you had a great day and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Visited with a colleague and read previous reviews so was unsure what to expect - found lovely grounds, spotless well equipped room with very comfy bed, pool facilities fine though shower after was not very warm, nice bar area and great food

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear pjdove

Many thanks for the very positive comments you have given our hotel and the food you received following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

Our chef and his team are dedicated to producing the finest dishes sourced form the very best ingredients, they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience.

Thank you once again and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Kilbride
#13 of 96 in Glasgow
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,593 reviews
Crossbasket Castle
#1 of 1 in Blantyre

Been to Macdonald Crutherland House? Share your experiences!