I had requested a nice quiet room, away from the bins, stairs and flyover! As I was staying for 2 weeks. I wanted a peaceful time. No problem.
It was very clean, tidy and comfortable.
The free Wi-Fi was a little lacking – I had a lot of trouble connecting – and it was very slow. No SkyGo for me.
The sink had a crack across but it did not cause any problems.
TV was a little antiquated but hey…these are small issues for me.
The staff were so very friendly and helpful. I got an extra duvet (Yup – Southern Softie – feels the chill), extra hangers and good advice on local amenities.
Nothing was too much trouble.
The food was great, a varied menu (including the bar menu). I stayed for 2 weeks whilst up on business so I had plenty of time to try the menu choices. I tried to take the chef home but was not allowed.
Admittedly, the hotel is a little tired in places but to be fair it is undergoing various upgrades / improvements. Wi-Fi, new TV’s, new chairs in the dining area etc. These improvements all take time. It would be nice to have them all done overnight, but we all know commerce does not work this way.
I heard plenty of people making negative “comments” regarding this hotel. May I say – if you have any niggle – TALK TO THE STAFF. How can they fix something if they do not know you have an issue? They are amazing.
I would certainly recommend this Holiday Inn and would have no hesitation to return on business or for leisure.
Thanks to all the staff for making me so welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride, with its air conditioned guestrooms, is centrally located in the bustling town of East Kilbride just 7 miles from Glasgow city centre. The motorway network is easily accessible too, as are Glasgow International & Prestwick Airports. East Kilbride has lots to do; visit East Kilbride Shopping Centre, one of Scotland s largest, stroll the cobbled streets of the old village or there s Calderglen Country Park. There s also golf, ten pin bowling, a cinema and ice rink. M&D s Theme Park and Hampden Park, Scotland s National Stadium are close by too. Why not head to Glasgow for Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Glasgow Science Centre or some of the best shopping outside London. If you re in Glasgow or East Kilbride on business, our air conditioned meeting rooms for up to 400 delegates plus high speed Internet access throughout the hotel create the perfect working space. Complimentary for guests, our impressive Health Central Leisure Club, with its indoor pool, is perfect for unwinding. Our restaurant brings casual, relaxed dining to East Kilbrides restaurant scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn East Kilbride reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn East Kilbride Hotel East Kilbride
- East Kilbride Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn East Kilbride Scotland