“I had a really comfy stay…”

Holiday Inn East Kilbride
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had requested a nice quiet room, away from the bins, stairs and flyover! As I was staying for 2 weeks. I wanted a peaceful time. No problem.
It was very clean, tidy and comfortable.

The free Wi-Fi was a little lacking – I had a lot of trouble connecting – and it was very slow. No SkyGo for me.
The sink had a crack across but it did not cause any problems.
TV was a little antiquated but hey…these are small issues for me.

The staff were so very friendly and helpful. I got an extra duvet (Yup – Southern Softie – feels the chill), extra hangers and good advice on local amenities.
Nothing was too much trouble.

The food was great, a varied menu (including the bar menu). I stayed for 2 weeks whilst up on business so I had plenty of time to try the menu choices. I tried to take the chef home but was not allowed.

Admittedly, the hotel is a little tired in places but to be fair it is undergoing various upgrades / improvements. Wi-Fi, new TV’s, new chairs in the dining area etc. These improvements all take time. It would be nice to have them all done overnight, but we all know commerce does not work this way.

I heard plenty of people making negative “comments” regarding this hotel. May I say – if you have any niggle – TALK TO THE STAFF. How can they fix something if they do not know you have an issue? They are amazing.

I would certainly recommend this Holiday Inn and would have no hesitation to return on business or for leisure.

Thanks to all the staff for making me so welcome.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank for leaving a positive review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while staying on business.

Our new TV’s have now been installed & our WIFI service is in the first stages of upgrade.

I shall ensure all your kind comments are passed over to our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We've always tended to stay here when we come up to visit friends in the area, but were really surprised at how shabby the hotel has become!
I fully agree with the previous reviewer that standards have slipped!
The hotel needs a full upgrade, although some licks of paint wouldn't go amiss - and that's easy to do!
Our room was OK, but the housekeeping left a lot to be desired! Our room wasn't vacuumed when we checked in, nor had it been vacuumed when we left 2 days later!
The bed had the duvet thrown back over the bed, but the pillows hadn't been touched from when we got up that morning!
We had clean towels and bins had been emptied, but they couldn't have been in the room for more than 5 minutes!
The bedroom fittings - including the ancient tv - are well past their sell by date and I'm sure are the same ones from when the hotel opened in 1991 - 23 years is disgraceful!
Our bathroom door had been "painted" on the inside but to be frank it just looked like someone had applied undercoat and left it!
We didn't have breakfast this time because we found it poor on our last visit, and to be told on check-in that if we booked the night before we could have it for £10 instead of £13 in the morning didn't inspire our confidence! Even £20 for the 2 of us for a mediocre, cold, unappetising buffet was more than steep! Cost us half that outside!
We also found the wifi slow and to have separate passwords and logins for EACH device is just plain bizarre!
On the positive side we found all the staff we came in contact with, friendly, professional and polite.
I mentioned my comments on check-out and the receptionist said "new tvs were coming" and refurbishment was planned, and she'd let housekeeping know of my comments.
I'm an IHG member and sadly find this hotel letting the brand down and am not sure we'll stay there next visit - there are several options to choose from that are also less expensive!
Not as good as it was sums it up I'm afraid!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott D, Reception Supervisor at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as enjoyable as your previous visits to the Holiday Inn – East Kilbride.

Our new TV’s are now in place in all our bedrooms and our WIFI upgrade is due for completion this week.

I apologise that the housekeeping in your room was not up to standard, this is unacceptable and shall be investigated and I will ensure improvements are made.

As a repeat guest, I hope this experience does not deter you from visiting us again, and if you are returning to East Kilbride to visit friends, please contact me directly on nightsmgr@hieastkilbride.com.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Vicky Neilson
Reception Supervisor

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just returned home after a three night stay. Stayed here on a few occasions over the last few years and always enjoyed our stay,especially the breakfast and pool.Very disappointed on this occasion to see that standards have slipped and the place is just tired and in need on a refurb.
First room we were given was musty smelling and freezing cold. Reception offered to fix the heating but we requested a move. Second room was adequate but the bed was very uncomfortable and we noticed a bit tatty around the base. Toilet was also a bit noisy and the overflow in the bath was dirty. Breakfast wasn't the best, dried out leftovers on the hot buffet, including one solitary fried egg, cold beans and coffee didn't arrive until breakfast was almost eaten. Pool still looked good although we didn't use it this time.

Room Tip: Try Premier Inn!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow East Kilbride on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to read you were not thoroughly satisfied with your stay with us on this occasion. Please be assured that your comments have been passed to the relevant head of department for further investigation.

I apologise again for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Wouldn't pay full price for the room - decent enough. Tired looking compared to all the other holiday inns I've stayed over at all over the UK. As others have noted, furniture and decor look outdated.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for leaving a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your feedback & hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the 2nd February in a King Executive room. Booked the DBB deal. Room was perfectly adequate with free WIFI. Pretty disappointed that the extra includes 'chocolates' was actually a mars bar! We thoroughly enjoyed the steam room, sauna and swimming pool. Although the online rate advertised DBB with a three course meal from a set menu when we turned to we found out it was actually only £21 off our dinner. I was shocked to say the least but thought this must cover a 3 course dinner price. Unfortunately not! Even the cheapest starter and main was OVER this amount. We ended up paying a further £60 to have dinner. Clearly not what was advertised. I should have taken it up with the manager but to be honest couldn't be bothered and lesson learned!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Talbot2405
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues during your stay. Please be assured that we value all feedback as this allows us to evaluate the areas you feel are important as one of our valued guests. Should you wish to return again in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly on reservationsmgr@hieastkilbride.com.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

This is just one of those hotels where it is just fine. Room was spacious and bed comfortable, although furniture in room beginning to look a bit tired (wardrobe door hanging off a bit). Staff were pleasant and helpful at check in/check out. Didn't have dinner in the restaurant but breakfast was tasty and good selection. Breakfast service a little chaotic at busy times though, had to wait a while for a seat and they ran out of plates at one point too. Would stay again though.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thank you for your positive review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with and hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Rooms are reasonably clean and roomy, but the whole place has a slight smell of stale cigarettes. Breakfast was fine. The bar wasn't great.
The worst thing here is the location. It's got a big flyover right beside it, and nowhere you could go for a walk, apart from a dual carriageway or a 2 lane roundabout. There was a mixup about our booking, for which an unnecessarily convoluted solution was found ....but it did get sorted. Fine place for a sales rep for a night or 2

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced one or two issues during your stay with us and hope you will allow us the oppertunity to restore your faith in the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Kilbride
Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel
Busby Hotel
Busby Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clarkston

Been to Holiday Inn East Kilbride? Share your experiences!