We were visiting Glasgow for the Commonwealth games. East Kilbride is about 8 miles away by car and maybe 30 minutes on the train. So reasonably close, if we were to visit for a city-break then we'd pick a hotel in the centre of Glasgow.
We have used Holiday Inn and the express versions too and always been pleased. This is a Holiday Inn hotel, so should have the more traditional hotel service and facilities. I'd read a few reviews on trip advisor which suggested that the hotel was due a refresh, but that doesn't stop the service being good, the facilities being clean and tidy, the hotel did have a a gym and swimming pool.
Booking in was fine and the welcome at reception was friendly, ordered paper. We'd booked two rooms, our double room was spacious and looked clean and tidy. The bathroom was clean, except for the grouting and bath seals which needed work.
Bedding was clean and comfortable, AC unit, lighting a bit low, hot drinks, a bit lacking where were the biscuits and hot chocolate option. Struggled a bit with the TV which wouldn't switch onto a channel.
Tried the leisure facilities, which were top notch, cardio gym (rowing and running machines etc), a weights gym and a personal trainer area, plus full programme of classes, a swimming pool (too warm for swimming any distance), steam room, sauna and bubble pool.
Evening dining arrangements slightly bizarre, lounge menu which looked good, but eat at low coffee tables which were inappropriate and too few of, other furniture looked grubby or select from a limited restaurant menu at tables but looking at £100 for a meal for 4. We went to Zucco's in East Kilbride village, very good Italian.
Breakfast was chaotic on the Friday morning, food being replenished slowly, tabled not tidied, staff rushed off feet.
On the bathroom front, sink draining very very slowly, on the bedroom front the tv had to be replaced at about 11pm and a power supply socket bit loose and not working properly reported to reception and no paper had arrived as ordered!
Great day in Glasgow.
Reported faults not fixed and no update, tea/coffee not replenished. Breakfast on second day much better.
Overall very very average, not what i'd expect from holiday inn at the price we paid, badly needs a refresh which reception admitted, important service elements, room condition and cleanliness let this hotel down. Noted it was franchise style operation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride, with its air conditioned guestrooms, is centrally located in the bustling town of East Kilbride just 7 miles from Glasgow city centre. The motorway network is easily accessible too, as are Glasgow International & Prestwick Airports. East Kilbride has lots to do; visit East Kilbride Shopping Centre, one of Scotland s largest, stroll the cobbled streets of the old village or there s Calderglen Country Park. There s also golf, ten pin bowling, a cinema and ice rink. M&D s Theme Park and Hampden Park, Scotland s National Stadium are close by too. Why not head to Glasgow for Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Glasgow Science Centre or some of the best shopping outside London. If you re in Glasgow or East Kilbride on business, our air conditioned meeting rooms for up to 400 delegates plus high speed Internet access throughout the hotel create the perfect working space. Complimentary for guests, our impressive Health Central Leisure Club, with its indoor pool, is perfect for unwinding. Our restaurant brings casual, relaxed dining to East Kilbrides restaurant scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn East Kilbride reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn East Kilbride Hotel East Kilbride
- East Kilbride Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn East Kilbride Scotland