“"Excelent"”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“"Excelent"”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I can't say a bad word about how we were treated at this hotel, staff were warm and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble, food good and good selection, rooms very clean and presentable.
Was made to feel welcome from stepping in the building, would not hesitate to stay here again, exceptional value for money.
Thank you again for making our trip to scotland one that will be remembered for a long time and for the right reasons.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 306 on the 3rd floor, was a twin room and spacious.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Linda E
Douglas D, Owner at Bruce Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you to everyone for your wonderful reviews. We are striving to make the Bruce Hotel the best it can be.However we can`t do this without your help & reviews. Anything you may need to make your stay more comfortable & enjoyable my Staff & myself will try our very best to satisfy your requirements.Thank you once again to our new & exicting customer base in helping us make the Bruce hotel the wonderful experience it is. Many Thanks Douglas Douglas.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Ignore bad reviews on this hotel. Just back from coach tour and this hotel was perfect. Staff friendly &helpful. Good choice at breakfast &evening meal.Rooms spacious and clean.The owner Douglas is a really nice guy & made us all feel very much at home.Well Done The Buce Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank floppytwogs
Douglas D, Owner at Bruce Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you so very much for your great review. We are trying so very hard to make the Bruce Hotel something different and your kind and helpful reviews help us in our quest to succeed. Many Thanks Douglas Douglas
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Just returned from a five day holiday with David Urquhart travel. Hotel room decoration and cleanliness was very high standard. Evening meal very good with plenty of choice. Something to suit everyone. There was one night there was nothing I liked but I was offered an alternative of my choice. The staff could not do enough for you. The buffet breakfast was excellent again with plenty of choice. Although there was no entertainment advertised this was put on for two of the four nights we were there. It's was the first time they have had a coach tour stay and although it was a learning curve for them, they handled it exceptionally well. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be back. We stayed in room 112. The only reason i have not scored the swimming pool and fitness centre is we didn't use them.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anne M
Jim M, Manager at Bruce Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Many thanks Anne for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The hotel has recently changed ownership and is undergoing a refurbishent programme, I'm pleased that you like what we've done this far.. I also appreciate your comments regarding the staff as excellent customer service is always our primary focus.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

My girlfriend and i stayed here for 3 nights and it was the worst 3 nights of our lives. The hotel is a death trap and a serious Health and Safety problem. We stayed in a room on the 1st floor and were directly above a nightclub which went on till 3am, then they spilled outside and were fighting. The room was £50 per night per couple, it wasnt worth £5, it was grubby, the bed sheets were stained, toilet seat cracked,hole in the wall in bathroom and can see the plumbing, toilet flush was broken and stuck inside the wall, bathroom mirror fell off the wall and could have seriously hurt 1 of us. The hairdryer gave my girlfriend an electric shock then blew up and started belching out smoke. There were divits in the wall and the room had the smallest old tv we have ever seen. The bar was MEGA expensive, pint of lager and glass of wine was nearly £9. Food is rubbish and cold. We told the staff when we left and handed them the hairdryer and they were not interested at all, the manager Mr McCann is useless and has a dont give a dam attitude. They also took money from my account without my say so and never gave me a receipt or itemised bill.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE ITS THE WORST HOTEL IN THE WORLD

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Joebro007
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I stayed at the Bruce hotel whilst working in East Kilbride. The hotel was OK but there were issues. First the good bits, the hotel is easy to find and is right in the town center, Which is just one huge shopping mall. There is free parking under the hotel, not many spaces, so on a really busy day you may have to find alternative parking. The rooms are very comfortable and pretty well appointed. The staff were lovely and very helpful.

Now the bad bits, I couldn't get any hot water in the mornings and it was just luke warm in the evening. I was in room 112 and on Wednesday the Skye bar (which i believe is also owned by the same people as the Bruce hotel) has a disco till 2am, this i could hear clearly in my room. There was no internet access in the room as advertised, only in the lounge. The bar is limited and expensive compared to the other bars around.

All in all I would stay here again if in the area

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank atcook
Cirencester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2013

What a gem. The hospitality at this hotel was outstanding. Nothing too difficult to make our stay relaxing and fun. Recently refurbished to a high standard with great lounge, bar and restaurant areas. Food was excellent, rooms clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Jo T
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed at the Bruce for their New Years Eve Ball, the food was fantastic, the tables were done up soo well! The over all service was second to none! .The rooms were clean and comfortable The refurbishments done to the Hotel are very classy. I enjoyed it so much, I stayed an extra night. Well done to the staff for their great service. Hope to return next Year.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
#1 of 1 in Clarkston
Burnhouse Manor Hotel
Burnhouse Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burnhouse

Been to Bruce Hotel? Share your experiences!