“Nasty”
Review of Bruce Hotel

Bruce Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The room was In a terrible state, and smelt odd the desk was sticky to the touch, when checking in I was handed the key fob which was falling apart and I asked if this reflected the state of the room, the receptionist went evasive to say the least. Once I was in the toilet/room I asked about an upgrade to a refurbished room, apparently they were all in use.

If you have no other choice I suppose its an option but its the worst room I have had since I Stayed at a cheap hotel near Heathrow, and that was bad.

Room Tip: Try a refurbished room they should be ok I think?
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Douglas D, Manager at Bruce Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Ali 12341,

We are working our way through all the bedrooms and as you can imagine it does take time.

I hope you will stay again when next in the area and ask that you contact myself when I will ensure you receive an upgraded room.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Bedrooms need refurbished but the beds were ok to sleep in. Staff friendly and rooms are clean enough lifts very old. Not the best but not the worst either. Hotel is ok for a short stay. My sisters upgrade looked more like a standard.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear CLARK F,

We are very much a 'work in progress' but as you have seen by the public areas we are getting there !

I thank you for your comments regarding the staff and will ensure that they are passed on.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed in the hotel around 8 years ago and stayed last weekend it was all the same! Rooms were terrible, with headboard missing, cracked toilet bowel, just awful. Gaffer tape on the stairs, water stains everywhere. Never again.

Room Tip: Stay at the Premier Inn.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shane G,

I apologise for your recent disappointment. The hotel is undergoing refurbishment at present and it is work in progress. I hope however that you were impressed by the public areas refurbishment which you will have experienced during your visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a great night with a group of 16 friends for a three course meal and tribute act.The meal was excellent and great value for money. The location was easy to get to using public transport which stopped just outside the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Maureen C,

I am delighted that you enjoyed the tribute night, they have become really popular !

Don't forget to keep an eye on our website for all the forthcoming events.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Bruce again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Skye Lounge is part of the hotel. For those, like myself, who must follow a gluten free diet, this place has an extensive GF menu, without compromising on taste. Wonderful
I will be back, and often.
From wonderful indian Curries, Chilli Con Carne.. Meals i cannot always eat, in Restaurants.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank billymcc

Dear Billymcc,

I am delighted that you had such a positive experience during your recent visit to the hotel. I can only imagine how restricted it can be when you dine out having dietary requirements.

Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

stayed here on the 24/05/14.we were allocated 202.This was supposed to be a double room .The bed was a small double,there was only one bedside table and the bathroom was tiny with no bath and tiles broken.The room was shabby with old worn furniture and was only left one bathtowel.
next morning the maid woke us up at 9am by vacuuming and tryed to get into our room and was also knocking other doors even though checkout is at 11am.I sent an email to the hotel to complain and I have heard nothing back as yet.

1  Thank char271

Dear Char271,

I am extremely disappointed that I did not receive your e-mail as I make a point of personally answering any e-mails sent to the hotel, I will certainly investigate this matter.

I apologise for your experience and have taken steps to ensure that there should be no reoccurrence of these housekeeping problems in the future.

In the meantime could I please ask if you could re send your original e mail.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Ok, max 3 stars, (Overall). We have been there with a Group.
It is clean, but the rooms are shabby. Inside it is a little better than it looks from the outside.
It is clean, but the rooms are shabby.
The TV is, because of the size, hardly worth mentioning. The number of programs is limited. They only offer national programs.
However, the mattresses are Ok
The staff is friendly but understaffed. During the dinner, it is quite difficult to get drinks from the bar. So you should absolutely take sufficient drinks in the dining room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks for taking time to review the hotel.

The hotel is in the process of a refurbishment programme and unfortunately you did not get the opportunity to experience one of our refurbished rooms. I am delighted that you found our standard of cleanliness to be of a high standard and would hope that you will visit the hotel in the future when I will ensure that you receive a refurbished bedroom.

Jin McCann

Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel
Kings Park Hotel
Kings Park Hotel
#84 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to Bruce Hotel? Share your experiences!