“Lovely place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Kilbride
South Craighall B&B
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

While our daughter was moving house we stayed here for one night so we could help her. Oh we so wished we'd planned to stay longer. East Kilbride doesn't actually abound with accommodation but this b&b is a real gem in a wonderful rural setting.
We really enjoyed the beautiful and spotless double room, complete with electric blanket and a lovely welcome tray. The bathroom, although shared, is beautifully appointed. Unfortunately the owners were having problems with the boiler so there wasn't hot water for a shower. But Laura apologised immediately and reduced the bill considerably.
A tasty well cooked breakfast rounded off our stay. A warm welcome will await anyone staying here and I have no hesitation in giving an excellent rating. If the need arises we shall certainly stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Juliamac51

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sydney
Reviewed 13 April 2013

South Craighall is a lovely family house in the Scottish countryside. I stayed here while on a work trip to the UK for a few days. I must say, initially I was a little concerned that I was out in the sticks, far from the city of Glasgow. However, I really could not have been more wrong. Glasgow is only 20 minutes by train, which is regular and easy to use. There are taxis that can get you from the station to the B&B in 5 minutes.

The accommodation is in a lovely old renovated farmhouse, well appointed. The room I stayed in overlooks the garden. The bathroom is new and has a heated floor, there are heaters and electric blanket for the winter in the bedroom, very cosy indeed. With the WiFi, I did not want to leave….I often found myself sipping tea and looking out the window at the snow…very nice..

Laura the owner cooked a fantastic hot breakfast, great for a long day in the office. There is a fridge that can be used for other snacks you pick up.

I must compliment the hosts who went out of her way to make sure I had all the information I needed to get about, with directions, taxi numbers and restaurants; they were really great hosts!! They have a cat that was fat and not that interested in me, and a cute old dog that kept my feet warm while I was sitting in comfortable lounge chair working away on the laptop… Very nice atmosphere indeed.

Overall I had a lovely, peaceful time at South Craighall, highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank AidanandLucia
London
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This is a great place to stay and when in East Kilbride I will definitely stay here again! The house and surroundings are beautiful and the bedroom was large and very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and was offered to be served when I requested it. I stayed here for two days and was tempted to stay more...but a flight for work prevented me!

The hosts are extremely hospitable and I couldn't have felt more welcome. To highlight how the hosts go the extra mile, Laura drove me to the store to pick up food one night and the next morning drove me to the DFID offices.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LynComerford
Bray
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I arrived at South Craighall after a long journey from Ireland and I was immediately delighted with my choice of stay. I was met by both Laura and Richie whom were friendly and was shown to my room which was a twin. I ended up staying 4 nights and each night was great. The breakfast was excellent and I would have no hesitation in returning. It was first class accomodation, very clean and homely. Excellent value and as good as some hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank PodgeBray
Sugar Land
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We arrived early so we could tour the area and have dinner in Glasgow. Richie Gilchrist was very accommodating providing a brief tour and assisted with luggage then providing a suggested route to downtown Glasgow. We met Laura later that evening and she was very helpful and interested in our travels. We had four in our party so we had both rooms. Clean and comfy rooms, great bathroom and the cozy family room was a plus. Breakfast was sumptuous with a nice selection of eggs ,breads and jellies. Coffee was really good and hot. We loved the kitties and the spaniel Josey. When we are I the area will definitely stay again. There is an interesting history behind the property. This is what a B&B should be.

Room Tip: Wonderful accommodation no matter the room choice.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rouxie
yorkshire
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Recently stayed using both bedrooms. Facilities and breakfast was excellent. Owners could not have been more helpful. I am very fusy and this surpassed my expectations. Cleanliness was exemplary. Would not hestiate to stay again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank northyorkshirefamily
Alfreton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

A warm welcome awaits at this stunning B&B in the countryside but only a few minutes drive from local amenities. I have stayed here a number of times, mainly on business, and like it so much that I now consider myself a bit of regular. The kettle has always just boiled when I arrive and Laura always provides a warm welcome.
Both bedrooms are tastefully decorated with comfy beds, flat screen freeview TVs and free wifi. The bedrooms, as well as all of the communal areas, are very clean and warm. Laura provides fresh milk which is a great touch along with branded drink options. The bathroom is that of a 5* hotel, it has under floor heating, Moulton Brown products, and a very large powerful shower.
Other guests have referred to the pets, if you do not like animals please don’t let this put you off, they are kept way out of the way and are certainly not in the kitchen when you have breakfast, My first few visits I did not even realise they had any! If you like pets like I do you are able to see them before you go and make some new furry friends.
Breakfast is cooked to order for a pre arranged time, so if you wish to have a lie in you can and if like me sometimes you need an early exit you can still enjoy breakfast unlike some hotels/B&B’s which only serve from a certain time. I have never known anyone get poached eggs so perfect each time.
If you need to put something in the fridge or need a plate nothing is ever too much trouble.
I stay away in hotels/B&B’s 5 times a week, this is by far my favourite.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel
Torrance Hotel
Torrance Hotel
#4 of 7 in East Kilbride

Been to South Craighall B&B? Share your experiences!