“A fantastic B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Kilbride
South Craighall B&B
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had a great stay at South Craighall and would highly recommend this B&B - beautiful farmhouse in a beautiful location. It was spotlessly clean, comfortable and cosy. Laura was a wonderful host and couldn't do enough to make me feel welcome and relaxed. In the morning I had a delicious cooked breakfast, and Laura left me a bowl of fruit and orange juice in case I got hungry beforehand! I would love to stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for South Craighall B&B

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The B&B is just a five minute drive from Hairmyres Station. When I got there I was literally blown away. First of all, Laura is one of the loveliest people I have ever met. She was warm, kind, comforting (I needed alllll these as I was there for a job interview) and super super helpful. Secondly, the house is gorgeous! The B&B wing has two bedrooms - one double and one twin. The twin room is right next to the (brand new and sparkling) bathroom and the double is next to it, at the end of the wing. I stayed in the double. It has a comfy armchair, rug, tv (which I didn't use because I was so nervous about my interview), a fan heater and an electric blanket. The colours of the room are beautiful - all whites and creams. Laura had a tray with a kettle, cups and saucers, coffee, tea and hot chocolate sachets AND she had KitKats. It was such a sweet gesture. I took them back with me. She also gave towels and Molton Brown shower gel which smelt so nice but I didn't use them as I brought my own. I am really really REALLY fussy about cleanliness and I can tell you that this was the cleanest place I have ever stayed in. I am literally comparing this to 5* hotels I have stayed in all over the world. She also has a sweetheart of a dog - Josie (the poor thing has arthritis...) and two cats (who don't mind being cuddled!) and horses...This place was heaven. I wish I'd stayed for more than one night. I cannot recommend Laura's place enough. The fry up was a great way to start the day and her scrambled eggs were cooked to perfection. At the end of my stay, we couldn't get a taxi to come pick me up so her husband Ricky very kindly dropped me off. I want to go back to Hairmyres just to stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the double - it has an electric blanket
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The South Craighall B&B was one of the nicest and by far the friendliest B&B I have ever stayed at. I spent 3 nights in the super cosy double room, with a comfy bed and arm chair, a thick carpet, plenty of pillows and a kettle for hot chocolates, teas and coffees at the ready to guard against the rainy, stormy weather outside (this was in January). What really makes this place is the manager, Laura who makes everyone feel immediately welcome and even calmed my nerves regarding an interview that I had to attend due to her warm way of interacting. Because the B&B is a little bit off the beaten track (the only drawback I can think of), she went out of her way to drop me off at a lovely pub nearby for dinner each evening and the English breakfast she custom made for me was divine. If you are staying in East Kilbride, go and stay with Laura because this B&B will make you feel a million times more comfortable and relaxed than staying in a chain hotel that lacks in charm and character.

Room Tip: I recommend the very cosy double room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Julia86_13
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I've just returned from a night at South Craighall and was so impressed, I'm writing my first ever review on Trip Advisor.
This is the best B&B I've stayed in. Warm, comfortable, beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. Laura was a most hospitable and friendly host and made us feel so welcome and at home. She's a wonderful host and pays such attention to detail.
I must add that I LOVED the animals too, especially Josie,the family dog. She gave us a great tour of the extensive garden :)
If I'm in the area again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Absolutely perfect. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Lovely simple rooms, friendly hosts and a hearty breakfast in a beautiful old (but wonderfully renovated) simple farm building atop a hill surrounded by fields and cows. Far nicer than the rather lifeless corporate hotels in the area.

We were there to visit Linn (less than 5 minutes away) and couldn't have been happier with our choice of accommodations.

Room Tip: Both rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Very near Glasgow (but in a very beautiful and quiet suurounding this B&B offers you what you expect from a B&B and more. Very friendly owners (Laura & Ritchie) who make you feel at home in their house. Excellent Beds and Breakfast in a cozy kitchen and even the dog is a pleasure to have around. I took my son and his girlfriend with me and they also had nothing but compliments for this place. You're a star in the flag of Scotland.

Room Tip: both rooms a equilly comfortable and quiet, so you don't have to make a choice
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank leppj00
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband, father and I stayed at this gorgeous B&B in the pretty countryside just minutes away from EK.
Both rooms were beautifully appointed (not really anywhere to hang clothes if you're there for a longer trip: small gripe) and very comfortable. It was lovely to open the windows and let the fresh air in. The shared bathroom is delightful; super shower with gallons of hot water, Molton Brown toiletries and fluffy towels.
Breakfast is tasty and served at a time to suit you, which is very refreshing! The courtesy tray in your room is great too, especially with fresh milk for your tea/coffee.

Laura & Richie are lovely people who will do anything to help - thanks Laura for the honey & lemon for Dad's cold :) And I mustn't forget Josie the dog; she's a cutie!
We liked it so much we returned at the end of our trip; if we're travelling to EK again (which is likely) we will stay there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Torrance Hotel
Torrance Hotel
#4 of 7 in East Kilbride
Hotel ibis budget Glasgow

Been to South Craighall B&B? Share your experiences!