“Traditional pub grub” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crooked Lum

Crooked Lum
Ranked #25 of 99 Restaurants in East Kilbride
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hawick, United Kingdom
“Traditional pub grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We ate dinner there on 2 nights and were not disappointed in the variety and quality of the food on offer. It's the usual pub grub type of menu but tasty food means more to us than haute cuisine and fancy prices.

Visited June 2014

Aviemore, United Kingdom
“Food awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I visited this restaurant yesterday and was very disappointed with the extremely long wait for my food AND the fish dish was AWFUL. The cod had not been filleted as it was battered with the skin still on. However I did comments on this and was not charged. Would not go back as they are not reviewing this complaint.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gwenda e m
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great night and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We went to the crooked lum at short notice. The food was delicious - chicken and rib combo was superb. We had a great night and our server was lovely. She attended to our every whim and was really good. Would go back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Love the food in the Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I love eating here I always go into the bar to eat it's great but I feel literally when I sit in the restaurant it goes down hill

“'Pleasant'”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The staff were pleasant, if a little over enthusiastic, & slightly over bearing!
The food was also again, just pleasant! Not anything special however nothing wrong with it.
My husband had the large steak, which unfortunately came with more fat than meat.
I had the paprika chicken, which was ok, but the coleslaw that came with it was so awful, I actually thought it was off!
The side salads weren't to our liking either as were drenched in what must have been just pure lemon juicy, as was so bitter & well not our idea for a good dressing.
Both enjoyed the ultimate chips, me having original, my husband having the spicy, which actually just tasted like the original, not spicy at all!
Overall, pleasant!