“Best chicken curry in EK”

Mata Hari by Asian Fusion
Ranked #9 of 119 Restaurants in East Kilbride
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

Hands down the best curry sauce and salt & chilli chips in EK.
Didn't give 5 stars because the take away service times are awful. During peak times you will wait nearly 2 hours - dont understand why they dont just hire more drivers, they must lose a lot of business with people not wanting to wait. I have went elsewhere loads of times.
The food is always amazing though, really fluffy fried rice and not greasy, salt and chilli chicken really tender with good sized bits of chicken. Can't fault the foods I've tried at all.

1  Thank Michelle A

Reviewed 12 July 2015

Pretty much bog standard Chinese take away. I have rated it as poor based upon what I would have expected for the money I paid. In fairness though, if I had rated it relative to what is generally served up by local Chinese takeaway restaurants, it would have been "average", no better and no worse than the others.
I had king prawns on skewers, overcooked and dry. The accompanying satay sauce was ok. Incidentally I have had satay in Indonesia, where the dish originates, a really delicious meal.
My wife had chicken curry which was ok, but I believe the sauce was the same as that in packets, which anyone can purchase in supermarkets, butchers etc.
I have decided to forego any further attempts to find a decent Chinese restaurant locally, and cook my own.

1  Thank geog48
Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

Eat here frequently and I have never had a bad meal or service experience. Food is served quickly and staff are attentive but not too attentive. Fabulous value for money and the salt and chilli chicken balls are to die for!

3  Thank rachelchlyons
Reviewed 2 July 2015

Went here for the pre-theatre menu. 2 Courses for £11.95 and a pudding or tea or coffee just an extra £1. Was quiet but started to get busy by the time we left at around 6.30pm. Nice atmosphere and very nicely decorated. It wsn't your typical Asia decor - could have been any type of restuarant we were eating in.
For starters we had Thai spring rolls and the lettuce and chicken dish. Dont know what qualified them as Thai spring rolls - tasted just like veg spring rolls 0 but sayig that they were delicious. 2 large rolls on the plate which looked as though they could be heavy and stodgy but they were not in the slightest - very crisp, very fresh and not oily at all. The chicken and lettuce comes with a large bowl of the very tatsy chicken and a couple of full iceberg lettuce leaves. The idea is that you scoop the chicken mix in to the lettuce leaf then fold over to make a parel. Recommended - but ask for extra lettuce leaves as too much chicken for just 2.
We had shreded beef in chilli sauce and a malyasian chicken dish for mains with one fried rice and one noodle. when they turn up on the table they look as though they have skimped on portions but there is more there than you think. All very tasty. Make sure to ask for noodles instead of rice as they only offer rice to begin with.
My only gripe would be with the wine - not the quality but the price - £5 is too much to accompany a £12 meal.
Came out feeling well fed. would recommend to all.

1  Thank SteveN4694
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

We got a take away tonight the food was tasty but the plastic tub was half full?? Hubby wasn't happy because we were sharing.

1  Thank kmcsev