“Handy location but mattress could have been better”

Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride Central Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Handy location but mattress could have been better”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed here one Saturday night in January. The hotel itself is easy to locate and is situated near to the main shopping area in East Kilbride. There is lots of parking available and a Beefeater is located next door.

The reception area was clean and tidy with a vending machine available. I was greeted immediately on arrival by a friendly member of staff who chatted with me and I was given directions to my room which was on the top floor.

The room itself was clean and tidy with no housekeeping problems whilst the bathroom was also clean and well presented. The only issue I had with the room was the mattress which appeared to be very well worn and had seen better days. It wasn't uncomfortable as such but I've definitely seen better from Premier Inn. During the night it was quiet and there were no disruptions.

I had breakfast in the morning at the Beefeater next door where the usual Premier Inn breakfast offer was available. The breakfast was freshly cooked and tasted very nice.

Overall a decent visit and I would stay again in the future but would prefer a better mattress.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Colin J, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride Central Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
I would like to thank you for taking time to write a very nice review about your recent stay with us at East Kilbride Central Premier Inn. As we are situated in the centre of East Kilbride, we are indeed neighbouring the main East Kilbride shopping area. We have an extensive parking area, now for the soul use of Premier Inn and Beefeater guests.
I'm always glad to hear that our hotel was found to be clean and tidy, and quiet with no disruptions during the night, for you. Our staff are warm and friendly towards all our guests at all times, but it keeps me happy, when I read reviews from guests confirming the good work thay my staff do.
I must apologise for the mattress issue that you have brought to my attention. All mattressess are at this point being renewed in our hotel therefore hopefully the next time you visit us at East Kilbride Central you will have the joy of one of the new mattressess.
Once again, I thank you for your kind review, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Aberdeenshire
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Bathroom was smelling of urine pub closed early 10.45 on a Friday night but the hotel it's self was very good comfy bed very quite just same you could get a drink when you got there at 10.45 as the pub had.,closed early

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Colin J, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride Central Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Many thanks for your review after your recent stay with us at Glasgow East Kilbride Central Premier Inn. I am very concerned about your unpleasant experience in the Beefeater toilets, I will certainly pass on your comments to the restuarant manager. As Premier Inn and Beefeater are seperated, I am sorry that I cannot offer any explaination regarding the early closure of the pub.
On a better note though, it is good to hear that you thought that our hotel was very quiet, we do aim to keep guest noise to a minimum for the comfort of other guests. I am also pleased to hear that you felt our beds were comfortable.
I hope the restuarant incidents have not put you off from visiting our Premier Inn, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
cardiff
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My company booked a room for me as I use alot of premier inns up in Scotland,
I have a breakfast also for the next day,my girlfriend met me their in the morning so I ask if I could have a spare plate an share my breakfast but I was told if i have another plate I have to pay for another meal,how stupid is that,I will not use this hotel again the future and find another one instead!!!!!!

Room Tip: don't ask to share your food because they wont let you!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Colin J, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride Central Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
I would like to thank you for taking time to place a review about your stay with us at Premier Inn East Kilbride Central.
Unfortunately, the Beefeater restuaraunt, where you had breakfast, has a 'As much as YOU can eat' offer for breakfast, therefore, the breakfast is for the paying guest only. I will pass this review onto the manager in the restuarant.
Although we use the Beefeater resturaunt,for our breakfasts, they are a diffrent franchise than Premier Inn and I am sorry that you feel, that because of your experience in the restuarant, that you feel that you will not stay with us at Premier Inn East Kilbride Central again.
Once again, thank you for your review.
Newport-On-Tay
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Just returned from our second stay at this Premier Inn. Even better!! as the rooms have been refurbished since we were last there, very comfortable. Very warm welcome when we arrived (in the snow and wind) we were very glad to have arrived. All staff were very helpful and friendly, it was Christmas Eve but the staff went out of thier way to make us feel welcome and made sure we had everything we needed. The rooms were spotless and very well laid out, even had electric sockets where we needed them, side of the bed was very handy. Bathroom again spotless and well thought out. Bed and pillows very comfortable (slept soundly). Location is great, we walked to the shopping center ( about 5 mins) LOTS of shops! Library, places to eat, cinema, even an ice rink!! We will certainly return, and would recommend this to our friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us at Premier Inn East Kilbride Central. Our reception staff aim to be professional and helpful when guests check in with us, and I am pleased to find that they have justified this on your arrival.
As you mentioned, the rooms have indeed undergone a recent refurbishment, and our very professional housekeepers and chambermaids ensure, the rooms are kept spotlessly clean, and as you noted, the choice of pillows help to ensure a good nights sleep.
Premier Inn East Kilbride Central is in a prime location, walking distance to the main East Kilbride shopping area, and as you also mentioned, cinema, ice rink and many resturaunts.
Once again, thank ou for taking the time to use the trip advisor review facility, and hope to welcome you back soon.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Highly recommended. Reception staff welcomed me with warmth and professionalism.
Bedroom was immaculate with crisp white cotton sheets. Mattress was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Tea and coffe facilities. Flat screen tv with good choice of channels.
Bathroom spotless with a strong shower and bath.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Many thanks for your very kind review after your stay with us at Premier Inn, East Kilbride Central.
I'm pleased to acknowledge your review about the warmth and professionalism of our Reception staff.
I am also glad that you had such a good sleep in our room, and that you felt that the rooms, bedding and bathroom were all spotless, also, the tea/coffee making facility and flat screen tv, all added to your pleasurable stay with us.
Premier Inn East Kilbride Central, look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Needed somewhere with easy access to a business appointment and somewhere reliable without frills. Of course Premier Inn was the answer and this is a great example of all things that are good about this chain. Plenty of parking, friendly and knowledgeable check-in staff and my room was spotlessly clean - in fact it looked almost new. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was due to the lack of a shaver point in the bathroom (or anywhere else for that matter) for my electric toothbrush. #disappointed. There was no sky TV either but that didn't affect me. I used the Beefeater next door for an evening meal. This was poorly staffed although Angela was excellent. Food was more than acceptable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Colin J, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride Central Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Many thanks for your kind review regarding your stay with us at the Premier Inn East Kilbride Central. As well as being a reliable choice, we are also very close to all amenities in East Kilbride.
I'm pleased to acknowledge once again, from guests, your opinion that our reception staff are friendly and knowledgeable.
Although our hotel was refurbished in February 2012, we are happy that it has kept its high standard of fresh, clean bedrooms.
With regard to the shaving point issue, I will pass this point on to our head office.
I have passed on to Angela in the Beefeater a copy of your review.

Kind regards

Colin Jewell
Hotel Manager
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Spent 1 night here while visiting family, we found it easily, the staff were friendly and helpful. We booked both the dinner and breakfast deal, very affordable. The room was warm and comfortable. The restaurant staff very courteous, friendly and helpful. The food was of good quality. No complaints from us. The room was quiet despite being over the front door.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Colin J, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride Central Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for your lovely review about your stay in our hotel. It is always good to hear how friendly and helpful that our staff are to our guests.
I will pass on to the restuarant manager, your review about their friendly staff and of the value affordable meal deal option that you had when you stayed here.
We always aim to please our guests, and try to keep noise to a minimum, whether guests are given a room at the front or back of the hotel.
Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond to the trip advisor facility for our hotel.

Regards