Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel
Redhurst Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$75
TripAdvisor
All reviewsharvester restaurantstayed hereadjoining restauranthuge roomrestaurant next doorroom was cleantrain stationconvenient locationwould recommend this hotel to anyonestaff were really friendlymain roadhome from homenext morningwould definitely stay here againexcellent staya great nights sleepcar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Paid £29 for a family room whilst visiting friends, had double bed and 2 singles, room was clean tidy and close to reception. Had everything that you need with nice modern bathroom. Pub across from reception where we did not eat but seemed nice (we popped in for a bottle of wine). We were more than happy with our stay although there are no extras as this is essentially a budget hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
PeelPark, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a rewiew about your recent stay
at our hotel.

Premier inn aim to please every guest, we really are a fantastic value for money
hotel.

The team are always delighted to know what our guests are saying about our
hotel. Again thanks for taking the time.

We hope you will be back to visit again soon

Kind regards

Operations Manager

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Just back from a weekend in the premier inn, My first impressions were good. The staff at the premier inn were friendly enough & the room was pretty standard. I had a meal in the restaurant accross the road, my first impression was that it was modern looking with nice decor. Upon arrival I was seated straight away & told what the soup was & what was available on the carvery. I decided to have carvery, which i found that for £5 there was a great selection of meat, potatoes & veg. Overall I found the staff to be very helpful & friendly, I also really enjoyed my carvery & would recommend the place to anyone. My overall weekend including food & hotel was very good & I would not hesitate in booking again for future trips.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary A

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel.

The team here will be delighted to read that you had a lovely stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your carvery in the restaurant, the team will be passed your kind comments.

We do have a fantastic team and will look forward to welcoming you back to the premier inn at peel park

Kind Regards

Operations Manager

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed here for two nights this week and based on my experience would not recommend. I checked in with my four year old daughter after a long day of travelling and seeing family. Looking forward to getting my daughter to bed and relaxing I checked in to be told I had been given a twin room. This is not what I booked and asked to be given the family room which I booked and pre-paid for. I appreciate there had been an error in the system somewhere but the receptionist on duty took an hour to sort this out. She allocated me two rooms she believed to be family rooms which were infact just a double and looked blankly at me as if expecting me to come up with something myself. I suggested she find my parents (who were also travelling with me) a king room and I would take their family room, to cut a long story short she took far too long sorting this out and it was 9.30 by the time my exhausted 4yr old finally got a bed!

Once in our room the lights and heating buzzed, the walls were very thin and it sounded like there was an elephant stomping around in the room above. The room was clean enough apart from the bath which was quite stained, it looked as if it had not been cleaned properly for a long time.

We went for breakfast in the restaurant across from the hotel the next morning and the first thing the woman serving said to us was ' you haven't paid'. There was no hello or other greeting and frankly she didn't even know what we were there for! Once we established we were there for breakfast we were told 'your table is there and your food is over there'. No service at all, certainly not compared to the Nerston Toll Premier Inn where the service overall is much better. The food was terrible, it looked old and over cooked.

The staff from the Premier Inn started coming over and getting their breakfast whilst we were still eating and I heard the waitress tell them 'thats it i'm not making anymore'. Thats a clear sign we were getting the sloppy left overs! She also came and started clearing the plates of my family while I was still eating.

I didn't feel comfortable enough to complain at the time, I'm not sure the staff would have been competent enough to deal with it anyway.

Overall the staff need some serious customer service training and a decent chef. The place has an awful atmosphere and the staff were quite unwelcoming. I would not stay here again even if it was free!

4  Thank Jill M
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.
We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations.

Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.
Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.

Naina
Social Media Team

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

We normally stay at Nerston but there was an offer to stay at Peel Park.

First off they assigned us rooms we hadn't booked and didn't have enough beds for us basically 3 adults and 1 child. Took over and hour to sort and in end they managed but it wasn't perfect.

The actual hotel is tired and rather dull but most Premier Inns are I suppose.

The food from next door where you get your breakfast, was lifeless and soulless and in need of some love. The women who approached us when we entered basically said "sit there, food there" and left and that was it. Food was dry and had been sitting around for hours.

Overall this place caters for van drivers and roofing/road/building contractors and this was confirmed by the noise from rooms through thin walls and floors and also by the stack of vans parked outside.
Please Note that in the morning the van drivers like to start their engines then talk to each other for 30 minutes before heading to work. The car park is bumper in underneath windows, so the noise was great,thanks !

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.

Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.

Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.

Naina
Social Media Team

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

We had to stay locally due to a family bereavement, so spent a night here. The staff in the hotel and the bar/restaurant were first class and very helpful. The food was pretty standard - nothing to exciting nor unpalatable, although my food was not as hot as I would have liked from the carvery. A decent enough sleep for a decent enough price. We would definitely stay again but it's the staff that make this place special.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne A
PeelPark, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Peel Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Thank you for the lovely comments about the staff in the Premier Inn.

I have a a fantastic team and i am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry
your food was not as hot as you would of liked it to be, i will pass on your comments
regarding this to the restaurant manager.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your comments it is very much appreciated